Current Idea List

CamDawg

I think it's a good idea, but I think the revamped Blucher alternate NPCs will probably make it redundant pretty quickly.

A couple more notes for v4: I'll be adding a variant to Multiple Strongholds. Currently, you can gain as many strongholds as you like regardless of class; the new variant will allow you to obtain multiple strongholds but only for your class--i.e. a fighter-mage could get the Keep and the Planar Sphere, but would not be offered the ranger cabin or the FF Playhouse.

Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings is going to be expanded to cover a mess of new items and will probably be renamed. It's also going to alter stores so that you can now sell bolts to any store that currently takes arrows, because this annoys the crap out of me.

Otherwise, back to bugfixing.

By the way, I've been playing Multiple Strongholds recently, and I noticed that a ranger's cabin, a bard's theatre and a druid's grove were given to my character, and nobody asked him about that. I know it's like this in the original game; still, it is the Tweakpack. I'd like this component tweaked, so each time PC has a choice.

I applaud and happily await the ability to have my F/M be able to have both strongholds, without resorting to all sorts of SK work! We now need to cast a Summon Kish spell, followed by a Banish Real Life spell, to trap him in a room untill the Strongholds mod can be finished...

What about an "Archer gets grandmastery with slings" tweak. It seems pretty easy to do, though as I know nothing about modding, I don't know, and it makes sense, as an Archer is a ranged weapons master, and the Archer bonuses work with slings. It would make the Archer -> Cleric dual (with the component from BG2 Fixpack) much better.

Just wanted to drop two more ideas here, lest they be lost:

• Daulmakan's idea that save chances are worse vs. spells from higher level mages
  • Domi's idea of opening Cloakwood partially from the beginning of Tutu/BGT (option of making CW1 only or all of CW except the mines open)

The Cloakwood bit is already coded and will probably make an appearance in BG1 NPC before it makes it to Tweaks, but it'll be available in both.

And yeah, we can do an archer-sling tweak. Should probably add darts in there, too.

hmm, maybe i'm missing smth, maybe i'm not.

the idea is to let minsc start bg2 as with bg1-styled proficiencies. i mean, his 'original' axes/maces/swords pips - from at lvl 1, then put pips from lvls 3 and 6 to any of available profs, maybe dual-wielding. that would utilize his ability to dual-wield things, and even make some berserker-ish sence to use melee weapons and not to specialize in bows. and, investing specifically into d-w is somewhat consistent with pnp idea of rangers wielding weapon of size M or more in the off-hand, when 'specializing' in two-weapon style.

ahh, but wouldn't it conflict with minsc's 'sword - meet evil!' cries when crushing skulls with morningstars all the way? heh.

What about adding the pnp bonuses for high INT and WIS scores?

It came to my mind while reading the official BG2 forum: a user stated that those bonuses were never implemented in BG2, thus making WIS a fairly useless stat for those who don't play a cleric or a druid.

High INT and WIS scores should grant bonuses to saving throws and, from a given point on, immunity to certain spells as per the AD&D Player's Handbook (I can post the full tables, if needbe). Obviously, this should affect every character and critter in the game (PC, NPCs, monsters).

Maybe not many players will benefit from the spell immunities (which is good, since the game was balanced without) but what if I wanted to shadowkeep my fighter to give him 25 WIS? He should be getting those bonuses, imho :)

1. Experience bonus for high class atributtes

In PnP every class have +10% bonus to experience if got some attributes higher than 16+. For example, fighters need strenght and constitution. Paladins need 16+ strenght, wisdom and charisma. Etc. I think it can be useful. If there's no possibility to give them always +10% xp, you can give them +200 xp at start :( In BGTuTu/BGT it is usefull.

2. PnP Aimed Shoot

In pen and paper this ability is standard for any character, as I remember. It allows you to select a part of body which you want to hit. I think it's quite easy and possible to make. Select spell list, and...

Eyes: -6 ThaC0, blindness for 10 rounds (save -4 vs. wands)

Heart: -4 ThaC0, 4K6 lethal damages (save vs. death)

Hands: -2 ThaC0, -4 to ThaC0 for 10 rounds

Legs: -2 ThaC0, slow for 10 rounds (save -2 vs. wands)

3. 3rd edition Assasin

This component can simply add +1 to saving throw vs. death/poisons every 4 levels of Assasin, and change Coat poison into Death attack. It can work as Slay living :)

4. Change amount of money required to rescue Imoen

At G3 forum there was a code - but there should be some options for that, for example: 8000, 10 000, 20 000, 30 000, 50 000, 100 000 and etc.

5. Give a time limit for rescue Imoen

It can be very interesting thing :) Now you must select missions which you can create, because there's not too much time for that...

1. Experience bonus for high class atributtes

In PnP every class have +10% bonus to experience if got some attributes higher than 16+. For example, fighters need strenght and constitution. Paladins need 16+ strenght, wisdom and charisma. Etc. I think it can be useful. If there's no possibility to give them always +10% xp, you can give them +200 xp at start.

I totally second that: it's a feature that should definitely be implemented. Nevertheless, a mere 200XP at the start seems to be a little inadequate when compared to 10% more XP everytime you win a battle. I'd say +15000XP at the start sounds more like it (though the 10% thing would obviously be the best).

High INT and WIS scores should grant bonuses to saving throws and, from a given point on, immunity to certain spells as per the AD&D Player's Handbook (I can post the full tables, if needbe). Obviously, this should affect every character and critter in the game (PC, NPCs, monsters).
I've had the same thought myself. Specifically, it occured when I had a PC reach 24 WIS (legitimately, of course :) - start Tutu at 18 WIS, add three tomes, add one point at Watcher's Keep and two in the hell trials) with only bonus spells and lore to show for it. Implementing this shouldn't be particularly unbalancing since there are rather few creatures that are eligible to benefit from it, and in any case the bonuses / immunities are not terrifyingly powerful or anything.

I totally second that: it's a feature that should definitely be implemented. Nevertheless, a mere 200XP at the start seems to be a little inadequate when compared to 10% more XP everytime you win a battle. I'd say +15000XP at the start sounds more like it (though the 10% thing would obviously be the best).
Like yarpen indicated, even such a small amount would be of some use at the beginning of Tutu / BGT. Perhaps it could be done like this: If one of the BG1 conversions is detected, add 200; if not, add 20000 xp (if recurring additional % is not reliably workable, that is.) Interesting idea in any case.

Archived