All ur CamDawg r belong 2 us

Andyr

I am due to meet Cam in London on Sunday (today). Unfortunately I haven't had any communication with him since Thursday and "London on Sunday" is unlikely to result in a meeting without more detail to the plan. Hopefully I shall be able to contact him in the morning.

Bloody hell, that is a terrible photo!

ummm... Alarielle... don't take this wrong or anything, I am a happily married middle aged dude with two puppies and a house payment, but...

are you joking?

If that is you on a *bad* day, all I can say is Mr. (or Ms.) Alarielle is one lucky dude/dudette. Unless of course you were worried about us internet stalking you, or something ;)

Glad you folks are posting this stuff. It is nice to be able to live vicariously through you folks (until my wife and I can save up enough to visit the extended family in Bristol and Derby!).

I feel like I should make a more constructive post. :D

The Dawg was good fun. ^_^ Anyone who will go for a (well, effectively) 7am Guinness can't be bad. Plus he didn't complain about me attempting to fall asleep during lunch - although I think it should be noted that CamDawg and Grim poked/kicked me to wake me up :D;)

A thoroughly good time was had. ;)

(until my wife and I can save up enough to visit the extended family in Bristol and Derby!).
Urk. I hope your prospective itinerary includes other locations in Britain as well. Practically any other locations. :p No offense to anyone from either of those places. But I had the misfortune to be forced into several months of hard labour in Derby... aside from the job itself being dismal and dreary, the town (at least the part I was in) was a filthy industrial pit... a bit like Gary, Indiana or Elizabeth, NJ... or Dante's Inferno. The best thing I recall about it was the Bass Brewery (which isn't even in Derby, but a few miles away in Burton-on-Trent).
a filthy industrial pit... a bit like Gary, Indiana or Elizabeth, NJ... or Dante's Inferno.

Wow. I lived in Elizabeth for about a year and a half, within sight of the Anheuser-Bush brewery and definitely within scent of both the Bayway Refinery and the Arthur Kill Landfill. That is grim. Oh, you're close to Manhattan, all right, but most people do not care for an urban, industrial landscape. But I am glad you didn't say New Jersey as a whole. I live in the northwestern part of the state, and it's beautiful.

Very true, New Jersey has a terrible image from that awful stretch of Turnpike in the Newark/Elizabeth area. You've all seen it displayed in the introduction to the Sopranos. But in fact New Jersey is something like 44% woodlands. And a lot of it is beautifully picturesque, rolling farmland intermingling with woods (it's not called the Garden State for nothing).

Wow. I lived in Elizabeth for about a year and a half...
Crikey. I didn't think anyone actually *lived* in Elizabeth... thought it was one big refinery. :p Though I had a friend who stayed in a dodgy motel there for a few days and feared for her life and sanity.
But I am glad you didn't say New Jersey as a whole. I live in the northwestern part of the state, and it's beautiful.
Er... *considers trashing the whole state* nah... it's not bad up there. I'm just not crazy about the industrial area around Newark. And yeah, it might be the Garden State, but there's places in the south central part of the state that look straight out of "Deliverance." Unfortunately I've had to do hard time there too (no, not in jail... just seemed like it :p). Though I guess this is getting way off-off-topic.

Archived