Comments on the Developer Diary

kain

July 31, 2009

Tentatively finished with Jaheira and Imoen.

Imoen banters with the PC's new girlfriend are usually my favorite! Looks like your working steadily, thanks, looking forward to trying this MOD out when its done.

Guest Forsaken Demogorgon
July 31, 2009

Tentatively finished with Jaheira and Imoen.

As soon as you finish I will re-run BG2 on my system.. I have been waiting for this mod for AGES.. ><

I'm a bit slow, but judging from all the banters you've written, Del really seems to interact alot. This just increases the anticipation for the mod. Best of wishes!

On the average, there will be around three banters per NPC in ToB (in SoA, there is 4, sometimes more). Most of them will be random...the idea is that if there is a replay, it should be a bit more random. Heck, even a good portion of the interjections in SoA have been randomized since some will definitely feel there is too much 'banter'.

I've been reading up and waiting for this mod for a long long time, and finally decided to leave a message of my own. It's nothing that hasn't been said in one way or another, but I wanted to write you personally that your mod is the missing chapter to my story(ies) and game play for BG. Please keep up the great work and thank you!

It depends. Normally, the lovetalks tend to be harder, if for not other reason than the branching choices, and trying to think of dialogue paths.

However, both go much more smoothly if there is a firm 'idea' for the banter or lovetalk in mind. And if doing a banter, as long as one keeps the NPC's (say, a Keldorn as opposed to a Minsco) tone in mind, then the banter usually flows fairly well.

Sorry to hear about your computer troubles. I hope you get everything worked out. I had a serious crash and burn on my system early this summer, ahhh so painfull.

I've been lurking around your forum since I joined G3 and I am really looking forward to this Mod.