Mod Compatibility List for EET

Looks like Item Revisions doesn't apply to all items in BGEE, the ankheg plate mail seems to not be affected by the changes. Should it be reported to IR as well ?

Yes, things like this should be reported to IR.

Here is full list of renamed items due to unique lore / unique name / different properties between BG1 and BG2. I think some of them may use the same item files in BGT, hence the problem with IR current tables.

"HELM15" => "HELM15_" //normal helmet. Unique because BG1 version is undroppable

"LEAT07" => "LEAT07_" //same properties as BG2 Studded Leather Armor +2 but BG1 version has unique name "Telbar's Studded Leather +2" and unique lore

"MISC56" => "MISC56_" //broken weapon, BG1 version with unique lore regarding Iron Cirisis

"MISC79" => "MISC79_" //in BG2 name and lore mentions Raissa's dead body, in BG1 just a dead body without additional lore

"MISC89" => "MISC89_" //Edwin's Amulet has different properties between games

"PLAT06" => "PLAT06_" //Ankheg Plate Mail in BG1 has different icon and the lore mentions that it's expertly crafted by Taerom Fuiruim of Beregost. BG2 version with generic lore.

"RING08" => "RING08_" //Ring of Wizardry has different properties between games

"SCRL1V" => "SCRL1V_" //no idea why, must be a leftover from patch 1.3 considering both items looks the same. This change will be removed in next RC

"STAF04" => "STAF04_" //normal staff but BG1 version is undropabble

"STAF08" => "STAF08_" //same properties (different colors though) as BG2 Martial Staff +3 but BG1 version has unique name "Aule's Staff +3" and unique lore that mentions Durlag's Tower

"SW1H09" => "SW1H09_" //same properties as BG2 Short Sword +2 but BG1 version has unique name "The Whistling Sword +2" and unique lore, also different icon

"SW2H07" => "SW2H07_" //completely different items: Harbinger +3 in BG2, The World's Edge +3 in BG1

"SW2H08" => "SW2H08_" //completely different items: Soul Reaver +4 in BG2, Durlag's Pride +2 in BG1

"WAND12" => "WAND12_" //completely different items: Wand of Wonder in BG2, Wand of Magic Missiles in BG1

Also EET uses "A" variants of shields in BG1 areas (they have different look in BG1 and BG2 although both sets of these normal shields exists in both BG:EE and BG2:EE resources).

BG1 Bag of Holdings: BAG02, BAG03, BAG06 are also renamed with _ suffix so that they don't conflict with BG2 bags.

There's a few things that won't install on an EET setup(like a few options from SCS for BGEE section of the game). Is this due to how EET installs?

If the menu says: Skipping installation or something like that everything is ok. If it produce error than you probably didn't install my patch for this mod (which adds support for EET) + Big World Fixpack (which fixes general bugs and adds patch 2.x support) on top of it. I've recently installed all available SCS components on heavily modded EET game without any problems

edit: looks like patch 2.x removed Dimension Door scroll from BG:EE. So that SCRL1V_ scroll will be included / created on the fly during installation because there are mods that uses it.

edit2: If I remember correctly both RR and aTweaks expects Dimension Door scroll to be present in BG:EE and EET. I will let Wisp know about this patch 2.x change - if he will include this item in those mods than no point in adding it into EET package considering it's no longer part of vanilla game.

Edited by K4thos

Does anyone have any information about work done to make one of the following mods compatible with EET?

• Longer Road
  • Planar Sphere
  • Region of Terror
  • Secret of Bone Hill
  • Extended Thief Stronghold
  • Yasraena
  • Tashia
  • Chloe
  • Sheena
  • Iylios
  • Multi Strongholds
  • Aurora (I made a tp2 version - similar TDDz - for private use, just to install the creatures, shops and story without the animations and tweaks but could get no feedback from the original author on it)

• Longer Road - some fixes for BG2EE exist, no successful playthrought confirmed

Planar Sphere - no one is working on it

Region of Terror - no one is working on it

Secret of Bone Hill - fully updated for EET version exist, but the mod is so huge garbage (one wrong dialog will break it) that the author of the conversion won't release it under his name

Yasraena - new BG2EE version: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/790459/#Comment_790459

Tashia - BG2EE version exist

Chloe - no one is working on it, there is one person who is interested to update/rewrite whole mod but "busy with life"

Aurora ... - if you have working version without duplicated tweaks from other mods, that's great news

Any plans to eventually make these EET-compatible? I care about Dace the most.

At this point only if author shows interest in adding EET 1.0+ compatibility natively. In such case I can create patches for all those above mentioned NPCs myself (if they already have BG2:EE version), ready to be internalized by authors. But the point is that the entire section "Mods that can be installed after EET on BG2:EE but MUST BE PATCHED FIRST" is meant to be temporary, not permanent solution. If there is no willingness to do so from authors than hosting unofficial patches may be actually against their will. It's also not practical considering patch becomes obsolete each time the mod is updated. Of course if the mod is not supported any more than creating and hosting compatibility patches for such mods is ok by me.

Edited by K4thos

Any plans to eventually make these EET-compatible? I care about Dace the most.

At this point only if author shows interest in adding EET compatibility natively. In such case I can create patches for all those above mentioned NPCs myself (if they already have BG2:EE version), ready to be internalized by authors. But the point is that the entire section "Mods that can be installed after EET on BG2:EE but MUST BE PATCHED FIRST" is meant to be temporary, not permanent solution. If there is no willingness to do so than hosting unofficial patches may be actually against author's will. It's also not practical considering they become obsolete each time the mod is updated. Of course if the mod is not supported any more than creating and hosting compatibility patches for such mods is ok by me.

Ah, I see. Thank you for the info. I've been wondering about the mods that are EE-compatible but haven't been updated in a year or two. I really hope that by the time that EET and IWD-in-EET are BWS-ready and stable that the Imoen Romance mod will be made compatible (either by the author, or by you if the mod hasn't been updated in a while by that time). Dace is EE-compatible, but hasn't been updated since 2013 I believe.

And THANK YOU again for all the hard work! =D

Edited by Ser Elryk

Does anyone have any information about work done to make one of the following mods compatible with EET?

• Aurora (I made a tp2 version - similar TDDz - for private use, just to install the creatures, shops and story without the animations and tweaks but could get no feedback from the original author on it)

• Aurora ... - if you have working version without duplicated tweaks from other mods, that's great news

I have permission from Miloch to oversee updates to his mods, including I believe any mods that he was in charge of maintaining. As his name is on the copyright of Aurora/Aurora's Shoes and Boots combined with the fact that he "owns" the upload to some of the files themselves, I believe this mod falls into that category.

While I lack the WeiFu skills to perform the greatly needed code modernizations myself, I will support and oversee such efforts by others* and do my best to see to it that such updates receive official hosting (on GitHub if SHS admins are unresponsive).

*My support hinges on the following conditions:

1. Updates to the mod shall stay true to the original content: significant content shall neither be added to nor removed from the mod.
  2. Updates shall primarily be limited to the following areas: code and file format modernization, bug fixes, compatibility improvements, and to a minor extent the completion of unfinished business.
  3. Updates shall strive to maintain a single, unified mod: updates shall strive to add compatibility with modern Enhanced Edition game platforms/engines (including EET) WITHOUT sacrificing backwards compatibility with existing supported "classic" platforms/engines.
  4. Updates shall include all existing relevant bug fixes (e.g. from Big World Fixpack) for the mod, as long as said fixes do not contradict any of these other conditions.
  5. Updates to the mod shall cease and all file hostings of such updates shall be taken down upon request of the original mod author(s).

I am certainly willing to help with such an update, where time and skills allow. My support of updates to any and all of Miloch's mods (and the mods he maintained), including a fairly large one that was never officially released (but was probably 95% complete), is contingent upon these conditions. PMs on the topic are welcome.

Sincerely,

Sam.

Edited by Sam.

• Longer Road
  • Planar Sphere
  • Region of Terror
  • Secret of Bone Hill
  • Extended Thief Stronghold
  • Yasraena
  • Tashia
  • Chloe
  • Sheena
  • Iylios
  • Multi Strongholds

Thank you all for feedback on this topic

@Ser Elryk

The list was not intended to be complete, it just asked for a few mods that have shown little/no activities for a long while.

I am confident that many other mods (including those you added) will be converted pretty soon when EET is published and will gather momentum among players and modders.

@Sam

I think the condition list you posted is very helpful - even if such should be common horsesense among modders, it is a useful and readable guideline for all those interested in the topic.

PS - I have no intention to publish my attempt at Aurora anywhere as it does not fulfil condition 3). It was just to proof the concept that such a conversion can be accomplished by just modifying tp2 and without altering much of original content (maybe encouraging the original author to try it). In the specific case of Aurora however, condition 3) is not applicable in my opinion as the original mod is fully functional in the old game while for EE/EET only a slightly modified subset of the mod can be used (minus the animation and tweak parts). Something like Aurora Lite for EET.

@AlienQuake

I would be willing to include any versions of Longer Road or Bone Hill into my next playthrough to test them. Since I developped crossmod contents for both mods way back in BGT I think I am quite familiar with contents and code of those mods and maybe can provide feedback to enable EET versions. Especially Bone Hill should not be too tricky, it is an island on its own (in every sense) with only some dedicated connection points/scenes to the main game.

Here's a new iteration of Sheena, compatible with BG2EE: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60784/sheena-the-half-dragon-tale/p1#latest

Unless I am completely mistaken, this should be compatible with EET as it is. I installed it sucessfully.

Sheena is not even compatible with BG2:EE:

- it doesn't use HANDLE_CHARSETS but have French and Spanish language files encoded in ANSI - this means the mod will crush the game if you install those languages

- it doesn't use ADD_JOURNAL (although not even weidu supports patch 2.x journal yet but still)

- it overwrites mno1 animation instead of using EE new animation system, which means some creatures will use wrong animation (while BG2:EE probably doesn't use it in vanilla state, mno1 is used by SoD, so if you install it on EET some crusaders will have incorrect animation)

As for the EET 'EET_modConverter' tool prints following changes needed to make it compatible:

Patching Sheena/Dialogues/k#bsheen.D: GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",4) => GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_4%)
Patching Sheena/Dialogues/k#bsheen.D: GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",4) => GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_4%)
Patching Sheena/Dialogues/k#sheen.D: GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",4) => GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_4%)
Patching Sheena/Dialogues/K#sheenj.D: GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",4) => GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_4%)
Patching Sheena/Dialogues/K#sheenj.D: GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",4) => GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_4%)
Patching Sheena/Scripts/K#Sheena.baf: Global("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",6) => Global("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_6%)
Patching setup-Sheena.TP2: ALWAYS command expanded
ALWAYS
  ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~eet~) BEGIN
    OUTER_SET bg2_chapter = 12
  END ELSE BEGIN
    OUTER_SET bg2_chapter = 0
  END
  OUTER_FOR (i=1; i<=10; i=i+1) BEGIN
    OUTER_SET bg2_chapter = bg2_chapter + 1
    OUTER_SPRINT name_source ~bg2_chapter_%i%~
    OUTER_SET EVAL ~%name_source%~ = bg2_chapter
  END

It would also need following changes to support EET continuity system (take a look at any of the available compatibility patches and you will see exactly the same steps for each BG2 NPC as below ones):

1. Add EVALUATE_BUFFER in tp2 file when COMPILE is used on k#bsheen.D, k#sheen.D, K#sheenj.D, K#Sheena.baf

2. Get rid of FATESP.DLG code when GAME_IS ~eet~

3. Add EET_functions.tph to mod folder

4. Use EET_NPC_TRANSITION function from above mentioned file the same way as other BG2:EE NPC mods that have compatibility patches available.

So no, it's not compatible as it is.

Edited by K4thos

Here's a new iteration of Sheena, compatible with BG2EE: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60784/sheena-the-half-dragon-tale/p1#latest

Unless I am completely mistaken, this should be compatible with EET as it is. I installed it sucessfully.

Sheena is not even compatible with BG2:EE:

- it doesn't use HANDLE_CHARSETS but have French and Spanish language files encode it ANSI - this means it will crush the game if you install those languages

- it doesn't use ADD_JOURNAL (although not even weidu supports patch 2.x journal yet but still)

- it overwrites mno1 animation instead of using EE new animation system and simply add new one (if it doesn't exist already) which means some creatures will use wrong animation (while BG2:EE doesn't use it, mno1 is used by SoD, so if you install it on EET some crusaders will have incorrect animation)

As for the EET 'EET_modConverter' tool prints following changes needed to make it compatible:

Patching Sheena/Dialogues/k#bsheen.D: GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",4) => GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_4%)
Patching Sheena/Dialogues/k#bsheen.D: GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",4) => GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_4%)
Patching Sheena/Dialogues/k#sheen.D: GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",4) => GlobalLT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_4%)
Patching Sheena/Scripts/K#Sheena.baf: Global("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",6) => Global("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",%bg2_chapter_6%)
Patching setup-Sheena.TP2: ALWAYS command expanded
ALWAYS
  ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~eet~) BEGIN
    OUTER_SET bg2_chapter = 12
  END ELSE BEGIN
    OUTER_SET bg2_chapter = 0
  END
  OUTER_FOR (i=1; i<=10; i=i+1) BEGIN
    OUTER_SET bg2_chapter = bg2_chapter + 1
    OUTER_SPRINT name_source ~bg2_chapter_%i%~
    OUTER_SET EVAL ~%name_source%~ = bg2_chapter
  END

It would also need following changes to support EET continuity system (take a look at any of the available compatibility patches and you will see exactly the same steps for each BG2 NPC as below ones):

1. Add EVALUATE_BUFFER in tp2 file when COMPILE is used on k#bsheen.D, k#sheen.D, K#sheenj.D, K#Sheena.baf

2. Get rid of FATESP.DLG code when GAME_IS ~eet~

3. Add EET_functions.tph to mod folder

4. Use EET_NPC_TRANSITION function from above mentioned file the same way as other BG2:EE NPC mods that have compatibility patches available.

So no, it's not compatible as it is.

Yes, you are right. Just found some of these issues...sorry for confusion.

it overwrites mno1 animation instead of using EE new animation system and simply add new one (if it doesn't exist already) which means some creatures will use wrong animation (while BG2:EE doesn't use it, mno1 is used by SoD, so if you install it on EET some crusaders will have incorrect animation)

Yes

Edited by Roxanne

@Ser Elryk

The list was not intended to be complete, it just asked for a few mods that have shown little/no activities for a long while.

I am confident that many other mods (including those you added) will be converted pretty soon when EET is published and will gather momentum among players and modders.

Awesome to hear! Thank you for enlightening me! ^__^

• [...]

@Sam

I think the condition list you posted is very helpful - even if such should be common horsesense among modders, it is a useful and readable guideline for all those interested in the topic.

PS - I have no intention to publish my attempt at Aurora anywhere as it does not fulfill condition 3). It was just to proof the concept that such a conversion can be accomplished by just modifying tp2 and without altering much of original content (maybe encouraging the original author to try it). In the specific case of Aurora however, condition 3) is not applicable in my opinion as the original mod is fully functional in the old game while for EE/EET only a slightly modified subset of the mod can be used (minus the animation and tweak parts). Something like Aurora Lite for EET.

I would be very interested to see what you have done so far. If the core components are there and EE(T) compatible, that's the majority of the strictly necessary work. The optional/animation/tweak components need not be EE-ized immediately. It would be enough simply to leave the existing code (which would still install on classic engines) intact but exclude those components from being installed on EE-based games for now. Such an approach would still adhere to condition #3.

• [...]

@Sam

PS - I have no intention to publish my attempt at Aurora anywhere as it does not fulfill condition 3). It was just to proof the concept that such a conversion can be accomplished by just modifying tp2 and without altering much of original content (maybe encouraging the original author to try it). In the specific case of Aurora however, condition 3) is not applicable in my opinion as the original mod is fully functional in the old game while for EE/EET only a slightly modified subset of the mod can be used (minus the animation and tweak parts). Something like Aurora Lite for EET.

I would be very interested to see what you have done so far. If the core components are there and EE(T) compatible, that's the majority of the strictly necessary work. The optional/animation/tweak components need not be EE-ized immediately. It would be enough simply to leave the existing code (which would still install on classic engines) intact but exclude those components from being installed on EE-based games for now. Such an approach would still adhere to condition #3.

I sent you a PM with the info.