Mod Compatibility List for EET

@Jarno Many thanks for giving worst advice ever :spanking: Seriously, you are suggesting to use crappy sites, sometimes you should think about consequences of you advisories.

@Lundar Please read https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66712/how-to-mod-hosting-sites-comparation-and-best-practices#latest

Is there a reason you created that thread using the mysterious 'GithubAdvocate' account instead of your own?

Is there a reason you think that I created this account and it's my account?

it's called 0x43 0x41 0x50 0x54 0x43 0x48 0x41 btw.

Sorry, but seems to me you left your capslock on, and I can't read that. :devil:

"So what?" So what??? If you want to download files with ads (anti-adblock scripts)/chapta/orher crap, fine! Just don't tell people that they should use such sites! Because somebody which is unaware about those things might actually listen to you crappy advices and create problems for other people.

This is why you actually read the whole topic like an adult and don't just swing by a single post from 900+ posts on a topic and build your entire life based on that one reply. Aka you read the subtext, and presume that other people do too. Or be a clown. clown.gif

As you can read from Roxanne's and Lundar's exchange, they both agreed on my reasoning.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Hello Roxanna,

thnx for your offer!

I try to put a link in here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzvaggk0qo939w5/Bonehill_EET.zip?dl=0

hope it works.

I only have changed all .are references and some chapter queries....

It will install and it seems to work - but I cannot say if its fully compatible with EET.

It will ONLY install on EET; no backwards compatibility to BGT or tutu.

I'm not a modder after all....

PS: there is a file needed: DYNAJ.dlg for installation which was missing.

I included one from my BGT Install....

I am very grateful, that you want to check it out.

For EET BG1 part you need to change that to DYNAHJ.

I will take a look at it later today, it is justz now downloading.

I will also crosscheck the Sandtah addon, which is a good test for compatibility.

I will let you know and we can discuss further steps.

ALIENQuake: same CAPTCHA misspelling? Though I grant you the benefit of a doubt, as the grammar there is horrible in general.

Jarno: it's an acronym, dummy.

Roxanne: if you have to reverse-engineer his changes, iediff could help you with the blobs. Unfortunately I think it's not easy to use on windows.

Jarno: it's an acronym, dummy.

Roxanne: if you have to reverse-engineer his changes, iediff could help you with the blobs. Unfortunately I think it's not easy to use on windows.

You failed to understand the joke... or the objection that as the acronyms capital letters don't need to be used when the non capitalized word means nothing. PIZZA !

There's the WinMerge that can do diffing on text files, and there's some other diffing tool for folders and files.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

@Jarno Many thanks for giving worst advice ever :spanking: Seriously, you are suggesting to use crappy sites, sometimes you should think about consequences of you advisories.

@Lundar Please read https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66712/how-to-mod-hosting-sites-comparation-and-best-practices#latest

Is there a reason you created that thread using the mysterious 'GithubAdvocate' account instead of your own?

Is there a reason you think that I created this account and it's my account?

Yes. Am I wrong?

Yes. Am I wrong?

A case can be made where a forum user will be unable to resurrect their old profile on a forum as they change email addresses, computer/phone and profile passwords. And the Forum won't accept the old ones as they are passdue to being that old, same with Emails etc, well unless you contact the forum admins about it. If you check the other ALIEN's beamdog profile called "BigWorldSetup" has 6 posts. I too have an Imp profile and a Jarno Mikkola profile there. But I have no idea if I can access them anymore.

@Mike1072 Yes, you are wrong. I'm sure that you don't particularly care about forums.beamdog.com so what are you real concerns behind such question?

If it were you, it would be pretty sneaky to parrot your usual arguments under a different moniker and deliberately insert typos as some sort of disguise.

For what it's worth, the reasons I thought it was you:

• you both strongly advocate using GitHub for mod hosting, but the reasoning is from the viewpoint of a user rather than a modder
  • you both advocate BWS "requirements" for links (one section in the thread is directly copied from your BWS Mod Request Template)
  • you both are concerned about download links that don't change with new releases, which is only really necessary for a tool like BWS
  • you both seem to be familiar with wget and Powershell

Hello Roxanna,

thnx for your offer!

I try to put a link in here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzvaggk0qo939w5/Bonehill_EET.zip?dl=0

hope it works.

I only have changed all .are references and some chapter queries....

It will install and it seems to work - but I cannot say if its fully compatible with EET.

It will ONLY install on EET; no backwards compatibility to BGT or tutu.

I'm not a modder after all....

PS: there is a file needed: DYNAJ.dlg for installation which was missing.

I included one from my BGT Install....

I am very grateful, that you want to check it out.

For EET BG1 part you need to change that to DYNAHJ.

I will take a look at it later today, it is justz now downloading.

I will also crosscheck the Sandtah addon, which is a good test for compatibility.

I will let you know and we can discuss further steps.

I made an install of your version on my EET. I also installed the Sandrah addon successfully.

I made a visit to the Morning Lord temple and Pelltar was there - also his additional dialogue with Sandrah triggered correctly. We were transported to Lendore and the quest started.

Looks like it is good start. As a private conversion it seems to be fine. I suggest you test it further in your game (is what you planned to do anyway, right?)

EDIT

To publish this as EET version, I think some more work needs to be done:

- put tp2 inside of mod

- add EE journal entries

- edit item descriptions to EE standards

- replace the TIZ packaging by the EE's Tis+PVRZ formats

- add CHARSET conversion for foreign languages

- clean-up the install process and remove biffing and such

- update to current weidu version

- convert portrait of Fabio

- convert sound files

(Those are just the things I noticed at first glance)

I have done some basic conversion stuff and made a quick test. Looks good to me although I did not check worldmap.

I upload this version now to github for further testing and refinement https://github.com/RoxanneSHS/BoneHill.git

Direct download link

https://github.com/RoxanneSHS/BoneHill/archive/master.zip

I propose that you may want to use this slightly enhanced version for your purpose so that we can refine it further?

Edited by Roxanne

Hello,

it seems, I have to withdraw this "project"

well, I have tested the 1st part (1st half) and tzhere are a lot of errors.

- Dialogue with yalta

- Dialoque with Zahrdahl

- a lot of areas cannot be travelled to (worldmap),

but can be MoveToArea_d to....

Sorry, but I dont know how to handle these....

Project cancelled....

...unless someone else will/can me help with these issues...

Hello,

it seems, I have to withdraw this "project"

well, I have tested the 1st part (1st half) and tzhere are a lot of errors.

- Dialogue with yalta

- Dialoque with Zahrdahl

- a lot of areas cannot be travelled to (worldmap),

but can be MoveToArea_d to....

Sorry, but I dont know how to handle these....

Project cancelled....

...unless someone else will/can me help with these issues...

I will take a deeper look into it. I can promise nothing, I will not invest too much as there was an updated version including EE/EET compatibility announced (but more than a year ago). If at all, I will produce a usable interim version.

PS - the mod requires BP_BGT worldmap to be installed on top in order to access the maps.

And if you started a game already before you installed the mod, you need to delete worldmap in your save.

Edited by Roxanne

Thnx Roxanne for your support!

I really hoped it might have been changing some area_references and chapter checks....

(This way I could change some other mods for EET....)

But it seems there's a lot more this time...

It isnt very likely that there will be another SoBH mod for EET will show up ;-(

And if, it will be that one to use of course, and not my crappy conversion...

Additional Info: It seems that the "Reddy Forest" is especially resistent to visitors....

and the dialoque from Yalta ist that after clearing Tri-Top....

By the way: is anyone out there interested at all in SoBH ??