Mod Compatibility List for EET

Guest Henanigan

Jarno, FYI I am using cpmvars -- where possible. I am using GAME_IS. I added these things. The mod now supports Tutu, vanilla BG2, BGT, BG:EE, BG2:EE, and EET. What I did not do, was to rewrite the mod from scratch. Also I am not the one who added parallel scripts. (From the readme, the maintainer at SHS did, although I don't know in what shape the files were back then.) I got rid of a few. Sorry, Jarno, but you are the one coming in from left field here, making wild assumptions and being off by several miles.Have a good night's sleep!

Guest Henanigan

Oh, and as for the (previously) BGT only one, it was BGT only for a reason, according to the readme. It turned out to be possible to make it EET compatible as well, though.

I would like to know what mod we are talking about to know a little more, as you haven't exactly revealed that yet.

And yes, mod making has had it's moments that have their effects on multiple thing... I for example have had to update a mod from 16 years ago that had what constituded to be 7 lines of code, that used bit adding into use of LPF's that has 900 lines of code.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
Guest Henanigan
43 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

I would like to know what mod we are talking about to know a little more, as you haven't exactly revealed that yet.

Correct: at first, it wasn't relevant; then, I was uncertain how appropriate it would be. Now, I wouldn't want this thread (wherever it ends up) to turn up in a web search... We'll just have to leave it at that, for now, and see what happens, if anything.

50 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

And yes, mod making has had it's moments that have their effects on multiple thing... I for example have had to update a mod from 16 years ago that had what constituded to be 7 lines of code, that used bit adding into use of LPF's that has 900 lines of code.

:) Yeah, a thorough rewrite may be the way to go in some cases. Me, I don't have that kind of expertise. Working on it though.

21 minutes ago, Guest Henanigan said:

Yeah, a thorough rewrite may be the way to go in some cases. Me, I don't have that kind of expertise. Working on it though.

Well, I didn't have it either, but I worked on it, wanted to add additional things, added more and wholla, it became a giant on it's own. Mostly the 850 lines of code is just to add 1 to 20 timers and how they are requested to be made... aka nerd stuff.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

When trying to install Shadows over Soubar I get the following error:

ERROR: error loading [SoS/Worldmap/eet/sos_links.tbl]
ERROR: [SOS/Worldmap/eet/eet-links.tbl] -> [SOS/Worldmap/eet] Patching Failed (COPY) (Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "SoS/Worldmap/eet/sos_links.tbl"))
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "SoS/Worldmap/eet/sos_links.tbl")
Shadows Over Soubar (Shadows over Soubar) was not installed due to errors.

I checked the folder SoS/Worldmap/eet and there's no such file "sos_links.tbl" in there. In fact, it's not included with the installation files at all.

Edited by axellslade
46 minutes ago, axellslade said:

When trying to install Shadows over Soubar I get the following error:

ERROR: error loading [SoS/Worldmap/eet/sos_links.tbl]
ERROR: [SOS/Worldmap/eet/eet-links.tbl] -> [SOS/Worldmap/eet] Patching Failed (COPY) (Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "SoS/Worldmap/eet/sos_links.tbl"))
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "SoS/Worldmap/eet/sos_links.tbl")
Shadows Over Soubar (Shadows over Soubar) was not installed due to errors.

I checked the folder SoS/Worldmap/eet and there's no such file "sos_links.tbl" in there. In fact, it's not included with the installation files at all.

Tagging @Weigo.

Guest Guest BAer
On 8/25/2019 at 4:55 AM, Guest Bhonespawn said:

Hey there all, it's lovely to see the community thriving as ever!
I'm having an installation issue for the Imoen Romance mod. I know, I know, I ought to be cast into the Nine Hells. But, if anyone could help out with this, I'd be thoroughly appreciative.

I've had a stable EET install for some time, never any issue with installing mods I couldn't resolve internally. However, on running the setup-imoenRomance.exe, the installation cuts off about 4 seconds in after encountering the following issue:

WARNING: internal label [110] not found in processed DLG [NEERA25J]
ERROR: processing .D actions [imoenRomance/dialogues/TOB/FinalConversation/FinalConversationEE.d]: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

I've gandered inside that file, but I worry this may be a conflict with Shine on Caelar. If so, a single line isn't the issue. Can anyone shine some much needed insight on my poor, withered soul? Thanks in advance!

I am experiencing the exact same issue as Guest Bphonespawn when trying to install the Imoen Romance Mod, can anyone help? much obliged