Mod Compatibility List for EET

On 4/17/2020 at 8:58 PM, zelurker said:

- unfinished business v27 for bg2 in french is broken, and it's odd because it worked in previous versions. The game can't start if you install in french. Installing in english works. With this english version I also had a weird problem in eet, when you meet the 3 bandits north of beregost they don't start their dialog and don't turn hostile. Oddly it was an old bug which had been fixed in a previous ub version, don't know if it's eet specific though.

v27 does not alter or touch the French translation in any way.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:58 PM, zelurker said:

With this english version I also had a weird problem in eet, when you meet the 3 bandits north of beregost they don't start their dialog and don't turn hostile. Oddly it was an old bug which had been fixed in a previous ub version, don't know if it's eet specific though.

UB has no content at all for BG1 and doesn't touch anything there.  You should *not* install UB in BGEE.

I am working on building an EET install and I wanted to make sure I understood how EET compatibility works.  From what I understand, a mod needs to be modified slightly in order for EET to work.  If it isn't setup this way, then the mod needs to be installed prior to EET installation.  I understand how this works based on the explanation given for BG1:EE mods, but would it work the same way for BG2:EE mods (install those mods in the BG2 folder prior to installing EET)?

4 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

I am working on building an EET install and I wanted to make sure I understood how EET compatibility works.  From what I understand, a mod needs to be modified slightly in order for EET to work.  If it isn't setup this way, then the mod needs to be installed prior to EET installation.  I understand how this works based on the explanation given for BG1:EE mods, but would it work the same way for BG2:EE mods (install those mods in the BG2 folder prior to installing EET)?

Well, today you just need to install the BG2EE mod before the EET_END... The BG1EE mods are installed in that game and before EET, so the EET will then be able to export them to the BG2EE game.. this is unless you are SCS, in which case you install EET_END and then SCS, cause you have to be special.

@Jarno Mikkola

the question was about mods with no declared EET compatibility and whether they can be installed on BGII prior to EET transition.

I guess @K4thos

is the only one who can give a clear statement whether the EET installer can handle BGII mods installed prior to the EET transition. I am pretty sure that NPC mods cannot be installed prior to the EET transition because the ToB script does not get called automatically for example.

11 minutes ago, jastey said:

EET transition

What does this even mean ? What makes the EET any different than a BG2EE ? That is if you have not yet installed the EET_END... which will switch the chapter numbers etc during it's install.

5 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

the EET_END... which will switch the chapter numbers etc during it's install.

No, the change of the chapter numbering is done when EET is installed, not during EET_End execution. That is why EET compatibility of BGII mods include extra code to account for EET's different chapter numbering.

And with EET transition I meant the turning of your BGII:EE install into EET by running the setup-EET.exe.

40 minutes ago, Caedwyr said:

Is EET_END a mod in the EET package?

It's a separate exe inside the package. It has to be installed after all mods are installed (except for some exceptions I have no idea about). What the EET_End does is unifying the dialogue files for NPCs, for example, as they use the same one during the whole saga, not differently named one for each game part.

So, if I understand correctly, I need to install the non-EET mods for BG1:EE prior to installing EETBG2:EE mods that don't support EET may or may not work, so long as I install them after EET, but before EET_End.  Generally, if I stay away from mods that interact with the chapter numbering, I should be relatively safe.

Does that sound correct?

11 minutes ago, Caedwyr said:

Generally, if I stay away from mods that interact with the chapter numbering, I should be relatively safe.

NPC mods without native EET compatibility might break because they do not change to their ToB script in ToB automatically. For quest mods this should be valid. For kit/tweaks/revision mods I have no idea.

13 minutes ago, Caedwyr said:

I need to install the non-EET mods for BG1:EE prior to installing EET.

Yes, but I would go by the list in the EET linklist. I do not know whether mods not on that list are supported and how EET transfers them.

FYI @Caedwyr there are 2 mods that I know of that must be installed pre-EET on BG2EE. These are sod2bg2_iu and S9Soundsets. These seem stable when installed in this way by both me and @Cahir, though neither of us would claim to have fully tested them, and they do not work if installed at any other point.

Generally, installing anything that isn't on the EET compatibility list with EET is a bad plan. Even just installing mods from the list, install order is important and some mods will be incompatible with one-another.

I am at install number 12 for EET in the last 10 days trying to get a stable install with a large mod list. My installs include SCS and often take over 8 hours to complete. Don't waste time that you don't have to by adding things that aren't expected to work.

If you produce a lsit of the mods (or ideally the specific components) that you are interested in trying, there are plenty here who will help you figure out an install order. I've been amazed by the willingness of this community to help.