IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

40 minutes ago, Chitown Willie said:

Opened up "C:\GOG Games\BGEE\weidu_external\backup\stratagems\5900\RING97.ITM", and the "Immunity to weapons" Effect is not there.

By the way, thanks so much for the troubleshooting advice.

Welcome. So I installed the three mods that you listed as affecting this item.

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 (Revised V1.3.860)
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification -> Gems and potions: v15
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 34.3

However, still no protection from normal weapons. You're welcome to place the resulting file in your override to fix the issue, though: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/j3yk099saccp8vi/ring97.itm As for why it happened in the first place...it's difficult to say.

Hey. Could a check be added to the IR component Revised Critical Hit Aversion to include Moidre's unremovable helmet? (Moidre is an NPC from Glam's NPC pack).

As it is her helmet retains Critical Hit immunity, and seeing as she has it from level 1, it kind of feels wrong when you have this IR component installed. She is after all one of the tankiest of all NPCs even without this.

Edit: Actually this reminded me that her tower shield also doesn't conform to the changed IR shield bonuses. Worth a look as well, though that one is removable so it's not as big of a deal.

Edited by Quester
28 minutes ago, Quester said:

Hey. Could a check be added to the IR component Revised Critical Hit Aversion to include Moidre's unremovable helmet? (Moidre is an NPC from Glam's NPC pack).

As it is her helmet retains Critical Hit immunity, and seeing as she has it from level 1, it kind of feels wrong when you have this IR component installed. She is after all one of the tankiest of all NPCs even without this.

Edit: Actually this reminded me that her tower shield also doesn't conform to the changed IR shield bonuses. Worth a look as well, though that one is removable so it's not as big of a deal.

The component patches all mod-added helmets already...so long as they have a non-circlet helmet animation set. Presumably, this unremovable helmet does not have a helmet animation?

Edited by Bartimaeus
31 minutes ago, Quester said:

It does have a helmet animation.

I was mistaken: apparently, if the item is set to non-movable, it is also skipped. Hmm, it's kind of clumsy, but I guess I'll put in an exception. I also added the tower shield as the largest type of shield to the shield list.

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 hour ago, Nathan82 said:

@Bartimaeus hello, how or what would i need to edit to change how many charges wands get? I've had a look through various files and in NI but can't work it out. Hopefulyl i've got the right mod. Thanks

It's unfortunately not so simple. Even if you increase the number of charges on the .itm files themselves, when an item exists in an area or on a creature, the charges are individually set in each instance as well irrespective of what the .itm file says. If the .itm file says 50, but the .cre on which the wand is dropped from says 10, it's gonna be 10. However, if you just want to kill IR's nerf of wands (i.e. set them back to the number of charges they had in vanilla), you'd really have to do two things:

1. Go into each wands' .itm and set the maximum charges back to their original values (50? IDK what they are in vanilla).
2. Disable the "// Wands" sections of item_rev\components\main\fixes\item_charges.tpa.
3. Optionally: if you have Store Revisions installed, change the number of charges for sold wands from 10 to whatever you want them to be.

notepad++_L9zJIDCcrs.png

It may be easier to just do only step #2 (which is what actually sets the charges of each wand found in-game) while then selling and re-buying whatever wand you want to re-charge when you need to.

Edited by Bartimaeus

'Lavender Ioun Stone' should be renamed to 'Deep Red Ioun Stone' to better reflect the new effect as per PnP.

Though, it might conflict or rather duplicate the item-component of Rogue Rebalance, as it adds one to the shadow thief merchant. (which is a bit silly, as it can be bought right after leaving the Irenicus Dungeon). A few Ioun stones should be available earlier anyway, by the time you get most of them, they add little to no effect (0.02$)

Ioun stones should probably be renamed in some cases, as a lot of their effects including vanilla doesn't make sense.

- gold: your effect is either scarlet & blue or orange (if drunken, orange looks as much as gold, so it's ~okayish~)

- obsidian (?): -> pink

- silver: -> icandescent blue

- bronze: -> amber~ (should be ~okayish~ same as gold)

+ thanks for the insight in how to edit charges!

Really love 'em changes, while my "good" party is close to finishing SoA - my 'tiny' evil Party just got recently rolled, but is still busy in BG1EE. Highly looking forward to wield a complete different weapon-layout. That sword of the Mask for my Kensai/Rogue ....

It's also good to see, that Carsomyr ain't the OP weapon it once was or at least with SCS - get's replaced by the new & cool Silver Sword very soon. The save or die or rather decapitation effect on a few weapons is really awesome.

edit: noticed you didn't add the 'sword of the flame' (sw1h53.itm) - scimitars are still scarce, even if you get the whack-a-mole thingie in Cloakwood (Rashad's Talon) it would be nice to see it added to some vendor. Ulgoth's or Sorcerer's are probably fine - by that time, you already swim in quite a few +1/2 weapons anyway.

And you can loot a scimitar+2 on top of Dhurlag's Tower - if am not mistaken.

Edited by valky
2 hours ago, valky said:

A few Ioun stones should be available earlier anyway, by the time you get most of them, they add little to no effect (0.02$)

There are a few different items throughout BG2 that are kind of head-scratchers with where they're placed, as there's just not much realistic possibility you don't have something undeniably better by that point. Depending on your party composition and what quests you've done by that point, their current location doesn't guarantee that they're useless...but in some cases, it can be pretty bad.

2 hours ago, valky said:

It's also good to see, that Carsomyr ain't the OP weapon it once was or at least with SCS - get's replaced by the new & cool Silver Sword very soon. The save or die or rather decapitation effect on a few weapons is really awesome.

A couple of points here:

Carsomyr: IR changed it from +5 to +4 until you enhance it in ToB, and also chopped down its 50% MR to 20% (25% enhanced). IRR changes it from 20% to 10% (20% enhanced) but gave it additional Dispel Magic charges (its original 3 instead of just 1). I'm still not certain how I feel about this, I'm sure it's made someone somewhere kind of mad that the SoA version has so little MR in comparison to vanilla's insanity.

Silver Sword: In normal IR, the Silver Sword is actually not usable by Paladins, which...I kind of get, but I also kind of don't. IR introduced a number of "paladins can't use such an evil artifact!" item restrictions, but unlike something such as The Ravager, the Silver Sword is not an inherently evil artifact as far as I'm aware (decapitation is kind of grisly to be sure, but the other vorpal weapons aren't disallowed to paladins and I'm not certain that paladins would actually have a problem with such). Two-handed weapons are paladins' bread and butter, so it feels like an unnecessary form of pigeon-holing to force them into Carsomyr, especially with how relatively easily accessible Carsomyr is. The "if the death effect fails, then it at least deals some extra damage" was my own invention for making the vorpal effects less "it either works or it doesn't"-y, which also makes it easier to not worry about the saving throw penalty (or lack thereof) being too weak as much.

2 hours ago, valky said:

edit: noticed you didn't add the 'sword of the flame' (sw1h53.itm) - scimitars are still scarce, even if you get the whack-a-mole thingie in Cloakwood (Rashad's Talon) it would be nice to see it added to some vendor. Ulgoth's or Sorcerer's are probably fine - by that time, you already swim in quite a few +1/2 weapons anyway.

At this time, IR doesn't make any kind of large changes to how items are allocated in BG1. It would be nice to fix up BG1 stores, but it's also an incredibly daunting task with how many there are and how many are completely useless. The changes IR makes to BG2 stores with its Store Revisions must have taken positively ages to work through.

2 hours ago, valky said:

Ioun stones should probably be renamed in some cases, as a lot of their effects including vanilla doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I think these really just take off after vanilla in intended design for the most part (even if the exact effects have been revised, who they're made for and their general effect has stayed mostly the same). Not sure why BioWare made the color choices they did.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Bartimaeus
2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Carsomyr: IR changed it from +5 to +4 until you enhance it in ToB, and also chopped down its 50% MR to 20% (25% enhanced). IRR changes it from 20% to 10% (20% enhanced) but gave it additional Dispel Magic charges (its original 3 instead of just 1). I'm still not certain how I feel about this, I'm sure it's made someone somewhere kind of mad that the SoA version has so little MR in comparison to vanilla's insanity.

Silver Sword: In normal IR, the Silver Sword is actually not usable by Paladins, which...I kind of get, but I also kind of don't. IR introduced a number of "paladins can't use such an evil artifact!" item restrictions, but unlike something such as The Ravager, the Silver Sword is not an inherently evil artifact as far as I'm aware (decapitation is kind of grisly to be sure, but the other vorpal weapons aren't disallowed to paladins and I'm not certain that paladins would actually have a problem with such). Two-handed weapons are paladins' bread and butter, so it feels like an unnecessary form of pigeon-holing to force them into Carsomyr, especially with how relatively easily accessible Carsomyr is. The "if the death effect fails, then it at least deals some extra damage" was my own invention for making the vorpal effects less "it either works or it doesn't"-y, which also makes it easier to not worry about the saving throw penalty (or lack thereof) being too weak as much.

You got me there! (Carsomyr was way too strong however you look at it === really good nerfs)

The Silver Sword thingie is a good point, though. I might be mistaken, but a Paladin could further imbue his power into a silver-weapon and made it holy and further increase the effect of keen. But I think, there is no real restriction, to why thy should or shall not wield such a weapon. Silver is literally the element of anti-evil and despite being a weapon, that *whirrs and aims to kill* while being unsheathed, I see no issue to some restriction for a Paladin.

It's rather the 2nd effect, that makes it a true paladin-weapon (silver weapons get double the benefit of keen for a Paladin, but that is a mix of house-rules and 3.5 + 5e stuff and some very old 2e reading). No Complain about being 'vorpal' - 'vorpal' is just what it is....

You did some excellent work in making boring weapons useful.

Edited by valky
33 minutes ago, valky said:

You did some excellent work in making boring weapons useful.

Not me, Demi and Mike, the creators of Item Revisions, I just run this "Revisions Revised" off-branch. Unless you're actually talking about specifically my changes, in which case, O.K., fair enough, but you'd have to have played non-Revised IR and know it very well to know which is which, so when in doubt, just give credit to them.

33 minutes ago, valky said:

The Silver Sword thingie is a good point, though. I might be mistaken, but a Paladin could further imbue his power into a silver-weapon and made it holy and further increase the effect of keen. But I think, there is no real restriction, to why thy should or shall not wield such a weapon. Silver is literally the element of anti-evil and despite being a weapon, that *whirrs and aims to kill* while being unsheathed, I see no issue to some restriction for a Paladin.

It's rather the 2nd effect, that makes it a true paladin-weapon (silver weapons get double the benefit of keen for a Paladin, but that is a mix of house-rules and 3.5 + 5e stuff and some very old 2e reading). No Complain about being 'vorpal' - 'vorpal' is just what it is....

I honestly don't remember the history of the Gith silver swords: are they actually made out of silver, or do they just...look like glowing silver? I'm reading the Forgotten Realms wiki page on them right now, and it's really not clear to me. Willed into existence...from maybe a piece of a portal to the Far Realm? Maybe it's just assumed they're actually made out of silver, I don't know...

Edited by Bartimaeus