Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

Has to be added by name/whitelist? I would hope it could be done programmatically, searching for some aspect of their .cre file that identifies them as familiars... if I ever find the time/motivation to convert Find Familiar to a spell anyone can use, it would be nice to enable inclusion in this sort of thing without requiring a Tweaks update. 

Then again that will probably never happen. And, as I think about it, it would probably be reasonable to just give familiars double movement speed all the time...

9 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Has to be added by name/whitelist? I would hope it could be done programmatically, searching for some aspect of their .cre file that identifies them as familiars... if I ever find the time/motivation to convert Find Familiar to a spell anyone can use, it would be nice to enable inclusion in this sort of thing without requiring a Tweaks update. 

That's probably possible, but a very time-consuming task. The mod would have to scan all scripts and dialogs of the game for hints that a creature can be turned into a familiar. One challenge I can think of: the mod would have to detect dynamically assigned creature scripts and match them with the right creature.

It would still not cover all use cases (and installation order would become relevant.) For example, golems of the Golem Construction mod use identical script names per golem type. In that case only the first (or a random?) instance of the respective golem type would be affected by the speed boost.

I have a feature request regarding NPC-Quest trigger timers. What I mean by that is the time needed for a companion to be in your party until the Companion quest starts. Something similar like banter accelaration or romance speed up. Jan for example needs to be 15 days (according to Wiki) in your party for his questline to start. Unless you spam rest it is almost impossible to start his quest before leaving for spellhold excption being maybe your first playthrough, when you don´t know what to do.

edit: Just seeing, that some quest timers are also quite extensive. Like Anomen Knighthood test decision takes ten days. I know this involves bureaucracy and is only realistic. But some players may not want it to be that realistic.

Edited by Christian
Guest Morgoth

Can you add a tweak to disable slayer 99999 dmg effect if you stay too much in slayer form? Basically, preventing the damage from happening at all. Also, would it be possible to make it compatible with Ascension new slayer forms?

Guest Morgoth

Would it be possible to disable the endless spawning when you explore a place? I'm not referring to the exploring when you come back to the place.

I'm referring to the various instances where you explore a map, kill everything alive on the map itself, but if you just move a bit with your characters and go back to the portion of the map you just explored, you find once again X npcs trying to kill you. These npcs just spawned out of thin air, they should not be here because I explored that area 30 seconds ago.

1 hour ago, Guest Morgoth said:

you find once again X npcs trying to kill you. These npcs just spawned out of thin air, they should not be here because I explored that area 30 seconds ago.

I am thinking those "npcs" are actually monsters, like Orcs or Goblins and the like. Not Non-Player-Characters, aka city guards, and named characters and other friendly (blue circled) NPCs.

Guest Morgoth

Another tweak: whenever you die, it instantly brings you to the "load game" or exit menu. It would be cool if that could be removed permanently/or the time before it appears could be made longer so I can check what killed charname. 

2 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

Would it be possible to add a longer death screen, so I can actually check the log before being forced to reload due to charname death?

Definitely yes. There's a tweak that removes the player character dying ending the game, just add an autopause and timer that then triggers the cinematic. Or you could just load the game from that auto pause screen...