Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

5 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

Would it be possible to add a longer death screen, so I can actually check the log before being forced to reload due to charname death?

You mean even longer? There is a component (Death Cam) which gives you quite some time to hit space and read in the combat log what happened.

This is what I posted in the Beamdog forums:

At the start of Chapter 1, Imoen meets and joins up with Charname after Gorion's death. The Enhanced Edition (EE) should increase Imoen's XP up to 32,000 to match Charname's XP and level. (In the original Baldur's Gate, Imoen would join Charname at either level 1, 2, 4 or 6 depending on Charname's level.) However, EE has NOT correctly implemented the XP boost for Imoen at the start of Chapter 1. Imoen is a level-2 thief and always has about 1,200 XP regardless of what level Charname is or how much XP Charname has when Imoen joins the party.

After Imoen joins Charname, further down the road are Xzar and Montaron in the same map. If Xzar and Montaron join the party, they are at level 1, and their XP are correctly and immediately boosted to match Charname's XP and level. I tested it in the same game: my Charname has slightly over 32,000 XP, Imoen joins but is stuck at level 2 and does not level up, but Xzar and Montaron are level 1 and have 32,000 XP to level up and match Charname's level. Imoen should be the same: she should join Charname at level 1 (instead of level 2) and her XP should be boosted to match Charname's XP and level.

EE has this problem since I first played it years ago. The problem has never been fixed after so many patches (including the latest "Road to 2.x" or whatever.) IMO, it is important to boost Imoen's XP because, more than any other companion, she needs more XP because she is supposed to dual class from thief to mage, and the XP boost will allow her to dual faster and sooner.

Since Beamdog has not fixed after years of patching the games, I wonder if the Tweak Anthology will be able to incorporate this fix in a future update.

Also, a problem with consistency for Imoen in BG1EE and BG2EE:

In BG1EE: Imoen joins Charname as a level 2 thief with these thief skills:

Open Locks 25, Find Traps 48, Pick Pockets 25, Move Silently 47, Hide in Shadows 15, Detect Illusion 0, Set Traps 5

In BG2EE: Imoen who has already dualed from thief at level 7 to mage  has these thief skills:

Open Locks 95, Find Traps 95, Pick Pockets 35, Move Silently 35, Hide in Shadows 25, Detect Illusion 0, Set Traps 5

The illogical inconsistent here is Imoen's Move Silently skill: it is 47 at level 2 in BG1, but it is reduced/reverted to 35 at level 7 in BG2.   The Tweak Anthology has options to adjust the stats for other companions in BG1 to make them consistent with BG2.   So I would suggest also making adjustments to Imoen's thief skills in BG1 so that her skills are consistent and logical throughout BG1 and BG2.  Of course, in BG1EE: if Imoen joins Charname at correctly level 1 and is given the proper XP boost, then it would be unnecessary to adjust Imoen's Move Silently or any other thief skills because the player can just assign points to her thief skills after level 1.   The original BG1, however, boosts Imoen's level, not XP, when she joins Charname at a higher level; her Move Silently and other thief skills at every higher level in the original BG1 are inconsistent with her thief skills in BG2.  The Tweak Anthology should offer and option to make her thief skills consistent throughout the BG saga.

Edited by ktchong

Suggestion: Revert the charge behavior of Sandthief's Ring to its version in the original BG2:

Baldur's Gate Wiki: Sandthief's Ring

Beamdog forums: Black Pit's Sandthief's Ring (2013)

Beamdog forums: Sandthief Ring in the Black Pits only has 1 charge and disappears after use (2016)

Beamdog forums: The cost of the Sandthief Ring is daylight robbery! (2016)

As I understand it: three different versions of Sandthief's Ring exist across different editions/games:

1. The version with only one charge. The ring cannot be recharged and disappears after use, so it is basically a one-use item — first introduced in the original BG1: TotSC, then used in the Black Pits.

2. The version with one charge per rest.  The ring automatically recharges after resting and does NOT disappear when the one charge is used introduced in the original BG2.  (This IMO is the best version.)

3. The version has seven charges when bought from a store.  The ring does NOT automatically recharged, and it disappears after all charges are used.  It can be recharged at a ridiculously expensive price introduced in the BG1EE main campaign

Would suggest giving players to options to revert to the BG2 version (no. 2) and/or reduce its price, or just allow players to pick from the three versions of the ring.  Personally I downloaded the individual fix from one of the discussion threads above, (which patch Sandthief's Ring version no. 2 into the BGEE main campaign,) but it overrides ULGOTH.STO, which may or may not had been overridden by Tweak Anthology or another mod.  Please incorporate the fix in a future Tweak Anthology.

Edited by ktchong

Hello!
Not sure where to post this, hopefully, this is the correct thread :)
Anyway, it's the very first time I'm using the mod, so I started with something simple and one of the tweaks I tried is the "Unique Icons" one.
Thing is, now, my Vhailor's Helm who used to look gorgeous on my character looks like absolute shit right now. I thought the tweak would only update icons, not how the actual item looks on my characters. Can I revert this specific change on my end? I would assume such a silly request is not worth incorporating in the mod itself ;) 

Anyway, don't wanna sound ungrateful, you guys are absolutely awesome and doing a fantastic work, a huge thank you :) 

15 minutes ago, Mera said:

Anyway, don't wanna sound ungrateful, you guys are absolutely awesome and doing a fantastic work, a huge thank you :) 

So what does it look like ? -prt sc in -game, then exit the game, open up MS Paint, and ctrl + V, then save the paint file, and cut the portion you want to show, to minimize the extra, and upload the picture to a google result of "picture upload" -search, then copy the direct link and check that the link shows the .jpg file, and then post that link in the forum's "Other Media" link.
Aka, does it look like:

1helm2400000.PNG

That's the vanilla (EE) game one.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I'm pretty sure Mera's referring to the change on the paperdoll on the inventory screen. For helmets, there are a limited number of 'stock' paperdoll icons I can use for helmets, so I do my best to match the paperdoll to the new icon but there are limits.

45 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

I'm pretty sure Mera's referring to the change on the paperdoll on the inventory screen. For helmets, there are a limited number of 'stock' paperdoll icons I can use for helmets, so I do my best to match the paperdoll to the new icon but there are limits.

Yes, exactly! Sorry if my question wasn't clear :(
I understand that you wanted to match the new icon, it's just that the old look is kinda "iconic" for me (the item being a staple of my playthroughs) and I really don't like the new one 😕 
Would that be something that I could edit using NearInfinity for example? 
On the other hand, don't want to bother you too much, if it's too complicated, I'll just do without that particular tweak :) 
Thanks! 🙏