Progress

K4thos

Thank you for all the work you do modders! I would be very keen to play a full run through of BG1/2/SOD/IWD1/2 in one go beginning in Candlekeep and then going up North before coming back down to the end!

I have been looking around a few other forums and it seems that BWS is a tool that is no longer used but project infinity has replaced it and is now in beta?

Is it correct to say that once 2.6 comes out for all the games (minus IWD2) then work can begin on being able to install them with project infinity using this IWD in BG MOD?

Also just to clarify, am I right to assume this is all possible with the Enhanced editions?

10 hours ago, Gorion88 said:

Thank you for all the work you do modders! I would be very keen to play a full run through of BG1/2/SOD/IWD1/2 in one go beginning in Candlekeep and then going up North before coming back down to the end!

I have been looking around a few other forums and it seems that BWS is a tool that is no longer used but project infinity has replaced it and is now in beta?

Is it correct to say that once 2.6 comes out for all the games (minus IWD2) then work can begin on being able to install them with project infinity using this IWD in BG MOD?

Also just to clarify, am I right to assume this is all possible with the Enhanced editions?

That's been my hope and dream for years. I check these boards almost daily because of it. A tool that will allow me to easily make a mega-mod install and play BG1EE, IWDEE, & BG2EE all as one game (plus mods). A "true" Enhanced Edition Trilogy.

I get nerd shivers just imagining it! 😃

Edited by Ser Elryk
9 hours ago, Ser Elryk said:

That's been my hope and dream for years. I check these boards almost daily because of it. A tool that will allow me to easily make a mega-mod install and play BG1EE, IWDEE, & BG2EE all as one game (plus mods). A "true" Enhanced Edition Trilogy.

I get nerd shivers just imagining it! 😃

I am glad I am not the only one. :)

4 hours ago, K4thos said:

some new information regarding the progress (compliable script conversion milestone) as well as EEex dependency clarificationhttps://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1049817#Comment_1049817

Correct me if I am wrong as I am not familiar with all the modding details, but with this EEex, is it in theory then possible to make an enhanced edition of IWD2? Since you have greater degree of flexibility in being able to modify the hardcoded aspects of the game and it wouldn't take as long to do? Or is this more wishful thinking in my part haha! Because originally I thought the issue was not having access to the source code, but this new program EEex allows you to access more than you would normally be able to in an everyday sense?

6 hours ago, K4thos said:

not sure what you mean by that, Gorion88. EEex existence doesn't change anything for Beamdog who have access to EE engine source code and can already implement whatever they wish in it.

Oh sorry I meant to say in regards to Icewind Dale 2 and how they do not have the source code for that game (or not yet, if it ever turns up in a random computer somewhere!). Because if I understand the IWD in EET, it will not only include parts of IWD1 but IWD2.

Fascinating! Thanks for the update, K4thos. EEex sounds like it has the potential to revolutionize EE modding. I look forward to seeing what comes of it.

Heh, I first discovered EET here ... gee has it been 2 or 3 years already? 4? I remember I had just started a coop game with some buddies who had managed to never play the BG games -- one of whom "claims" to have played BG2, but when pressed reveals he stopped after exiting Chateau Irenicus xD

When I discovered EET, I proposed we start over with that instead. I offered the option to wait until the full IWD-in-EET package was available for us. We opted to wait.  It's been probably 3 years, and I'm sure they assume the idea is dead. Well, not me! It'll be fun surprising them soon (summer?) with an "oh by the way guys, it's completed!" :D

Great work!

On 2/21/2019 at 2:12 PM, Gorion88 said:

Oh sorry I meant to say in regards to Icewind Dale 2 and how they do not have the source code for that game (or not yet, if it ever turns up in a random computer somewhere!). Because if I understand the IWD in EET, it will not only include parts of IWD1 but IWD2.

One can convert files from any other game to other games. It's just rather restrictive on the quality of the end result that can take a severe hit. Or require other resources... like say 3d editing software and skill.

Converting a whole game to down and up a game engine implementation tree, is rather hard work, and hardly a thing done today. Especially without the original source code access... as that allows the conversion of the original file sources straight to the new engine.