SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Okay, weird. The last time spwi102.spl has been modified on GitHub was 10 months ago, long before 1.3.817 came out, so that shouldn't be it - our versions should be the same. Do you have any other mods installed? Not that it should really matter, because SR/R completely replaces the spell...always hate weird issues like this where there doesn't seem to be a clear reason why something is happening.

No like I said, it's a clean (steam) install, only mod I installed was SRR for testing purpose. The installation procedure is still:

1) extract V4b18 (did this from the source code file from github page linked in first post) 2) overwrite SRR files over it 3) install using weidu installer (done without any other tweaks to ini or anything)

?

6 hours ago, Satrhan said:

No like I said, it's a clean (steam) install, only mod I installed was SRR for testing purpose. The installation procedure is still:

1) extract V4b18 (did this from the source code file from github page linked in first post) 2) overwrite SRR files over it 3) install using weidu installer (done without any other tweaks to ini or anything)

?

Correct. Well, I decided to test your exact set of circumstances (clean BG2EE install, SRR only), and...you're not crazy, because it happens in my game too! While I am somewhat mystified as to why it seems my own install turned out fine (because the issue should have applied to my install as well, but...for some reason didn't), I am happy to report I figured out the problem. It's another manifestation of this issue discussed between Subtledoctor and I here. The difference here is that instead of pairing "LPF DELETE_EFFECT" with DELETE_SPELL_EFFECT's "opcode_to_delete" where it should be "match_opcode", I have "LPF DELETE_SPELL_EFFECT" paired with LPF DELETE_EFFECT's "match_opcode" where it should be "opcode_to_delete" - i.e. both had their terms reversed and it was causing some...unpredictable results with how it was patching spells. Again, not sure why it doesn't seem to be an issue for the actual install I was already playing...but thanks for reporting it and getting it sorted - the latest repository version of SRR has the fix included. Honestly, potentially breaking a number of spells because of this probably deserves a 1.3.900 release to make sure people aren't using 1.3.800.

Edited by Bartimaeus
2 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

Found it, it was here: 

Oh, sorry. I will probably purge that dropbox link at some point, perhaps I should upload it somewhere more permanent just in case...

SR V1.3.900 released. Thanks everyone who helped me figure out issues recently and since I started this project, :).

Spoiler

Maintenance release. Major EE patching issue fixed that could cause havoc with a number of spells.

Fixes:

1. On EE games, SRR was breaking a number of spells and IRR items (including shapeshift abilities not doing anything but changing the animation of your character!) due to incorrect patching parameters.
  2. Soundsets for summoned creatures were disabled (most of them already were, but a few particularly annoying examples, such as hobgoblins for MS2, were not, and had a tendency of endlessly spamming lines).
  3. Monster Summoning 9's Greater Wolfweres could be hostile upon being summoned by the player.
  4. Animal Summoning's wolves and bats had mildly incorrect saving throws.
  5. The arcane scroll for Protection from Petrification was not allowing the player to target whom it was cast upon.
  6. Chromatic Orb had its secondary effects all jumbled up, casting the different colors at the wrong levels.

Changes:

1. The "friendly spells pierce" settings.ini option only applies to a limited number of spells with instant/curing effects. The precise list of spells affected is the following: Cure Wounds spells, Regenerate Wounds spells, Aid, Slow Poison, Break Enchantment, Remove Paralysis, Cure Disease, Neutralize Poison, Lesser Restoration, Heal, Regeneration, and Greater Restoration. (Also note that friendly-only area of effect spells such as Haste, Magic Circle Against Evil, Resist Fear et al. already go through spell protections even without this tweak.)
  2. Monster Summoning 1 will create 3 mutated gibberlings at maximum level (key differences from regular gibberlings: double the HP and APR at 16 and 2 respectively, AC 7, THAC0 17).
  3. Monster Summoning 7 will create a neo-otyugh at 16th level, a bit more powerful version of the otyugh; I am open to changing MS7 to be *only* neo-otyughs if people feel this spell is still too weak.
  4. Monster Summoning 6's wyverns will have the baby wyvern animation for spacing/sanity reasons (except for the greater wyvern, which still has the full size animation).
  5. There is a new settings.ini option that allows you to configure "ranged curing", i.e. being able to cast curative magic from a distance instead of only point blank. Particularly useful for people playing multiplayer games when characters can't figure out how to approach each other; able to configure it to be short, medium, or long distance.
Edited by Bartimaeus
5 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Correct. Well, I decided to test your exact set of circumstances (clean BG2EE install, SRR only), and...you're not crazy, because it happens in my game too!...

Glad to hear that it's not just me xD But good that you figured out what is wrong and fixed it. Just tested the new release, seems to have solved it indeed, thanks!

Hello! I must also apologize for derailing the topic. With SR installed, Clairvoyance does nothing, not even add a state to a character. Actually, an icon that looks like "Luck" briefly appears on a portrait and then disappears. Does SRR in any way change this spell? Or maybe my installation is broken. If there's any of you who has either SR or SRR installed, please test it. The easiest way, if you don't have it memorized in your current game, is to go to ToB and create a Sorcerer or a Dragon Disciple. Thanks in advance.

Alternatively, if any of you thinks this can be easily corrected, let me know how. I've heard of NI but never used it.

7 hours ago, FixTesteR said:

Hello! I must also apologize for derailing the topic. With SR installed, Clairvoyance does nothing, not even add a state to a character. Actually, an icon that looks like "Luck" briefly appears on a portrait and then disappears. Does SRR in any way change this spell? Or maybe my installation is broken. If there's any of you who has either SR or SRR installed, please test it. The easiest way, if you don't have it memorized in your current game, is to go to ToB and create a Sorcerer or a Dragon Disciple. Thanks in advance.

Alternatively, if any of you thinks this can be easily corrected, let me know how. I've heard of NI but never used it.

I recall someone reporting this before...here's a patch note for SRR from a few years ago:

Prevented Clairvoyance from auto-dispelling itself in EE games (although at the cost of not allowing new instances with re-casting - currently unknown why this happens).

I didn't understand why it happened then, I don't understand why it happens now, because the order of the effects looks correct and it shouldn't happen, but I ended up forcing it to not be possible by disabling the EE-specific patch that was causing it, and no-one has complained about it since.

It should be fixed in Near Infinity by removing the 321 opcode from effects; you can post your spwi301.spl, and I can do so.

Edited by Bartimaeus
45 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Wrong thread then. FWIW my SR version of Clairvoyance gives a "normal"

I know, but I still wanted to try asking because so far it's always been helpful due to resourceful people here. But you're right, I should probably find the SR thread and hope it's not defunct.

40 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

you can post your spwi301.spl, and I can do so.

Hey! Thanks a lot! I have one of these in my override and one in spell_rev folder. I've attached one, and then I'll copy it over the one from spell_rev, okay?

While looking for this file, I saw folders with pictures (png) of spells. Now, in my game, some spells don't have any pictures, they appear as invisible items on the UI. If I find the missing pictures (where?) and place them in the "correct" folder, would that fix my problem? I am asking this because my last mega mod install had the same problem. So I'm guessing it's gonna be the same next time.

Thank you, @Bartimaeus for helping out even with some off-topic stuff. So does @subtledoctor. And probably others. Thanks.

spwi301.spl

1 hour ago, FixTesteR said:

But you're right, I should probably find the SR thread and hope it's not defunct.

This whole subforum is for SR. You can start your own thread for an issue like this. In all the SR forum, this one particular thread that you're in now is specifically for SRR. My only concern in saying it's the wrong thread is that I don't want an issue unrelated to SRR to cause  confusion for players who use SRR or headaches for Bartimaeus.

I looked at the file you attached and it seems fine to me. AC bonus, save vs. Breath bonus, backstab immunity and the 'perception' portrait icon, for two turns. Also 206 immunity vs. reapplication of Clairvoyance. It doesn't seem broken to me.

20 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

I looked at the file you attached and it seems fine to me.

Really? Then all I can think of is to attach both files. I have one from override and one from spell_rev. I forgot which one I sent in the last post. But they are of the same size.

21 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

You can start your own thread for an issue like this.

Okay, thanks for being patient. I'll do it when I get another SR question or problem. If the current problem persists beyond this post, I'll do it for this one, also.

spwi301.spl spwi301.spl

The first one @FixTesteR attached was the one from \spell_rev (which even if you ignore the fact that the 201 opcode hasn't been converted to a 321 opcode, you can tell because the description string reference is in the 70,000s i.e. a new string reference for an oBG2 game, whereas the second one they attached is in the 300,000s, i.e. a new string reference for BG2EE), so it would not be helpful, since the one there in \spell_rev is O.K. - it's only when Clairvoyance is actually installed for an EE game that the EE-specific patch occurs and breaks the spell.

Try this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ndzp496wribqud6/spwi301.spl

I still don't understand it, as it's the same exact technique used for dozens of other spells (a 321 opcode targeting itself as the first effect of the spell), but for some reason it inexplicably dispels itself while working perfectly fine in other cases. If someone else wants to figure that one out, they're more than welcome to, because I could never do so.

On a side-note, I don't mind SR-specific problems being posted here if you're looking for specifically my help/input; I generally browse by unread posts because I really don't like the sub-section navigation on these forums since the forum software "upgraded" a couple of years back, and posting here is a surefire way that I'll notice whereas I might not with a thread I've never seen or posted in before. However, you could also just tag me.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Okay I ran a proper test, casting  Clairvoyance with SRv4b19 installed on my game. The portrait icon does indeed look like the Luck icon, but in the character record screen it says "Perception." The icon, and the AC bonus, both fire as they should and they last for the full 120 seconds. It does not seem to have any problem. My only  guesses:

1. FixTesteR is using an older version of SR, and this is a bug that has been fixed in the newer version?
  2. Some other mod is interfering with the spell, or some effect is causing it to short-circuit.

:undecided:

It seems fine in the latest SR repo, which is the important question for the mod. As for FixTesteR's game, I  would suggest to use  Near Infinity to remove the op321 effect from the spell, and pinky-promise to yourself that you won't cast it multiple times to make the effects stack. (That seems like a rather silly waste of good 3rd-level slots anyway, you're better off combining Shield-Blur-Clairvoyance-II for a monstrous AC bonus - 11 points? is that right? - for only one spell slot of each level.)