SCS updated to 32.6 (now 32.8)

Yeah, but would they be ...

immediately has Stoneskin, Fireshield, Dispelling Screen, Spell Deflection, Shield, and Ghost Armor.

...instantly up and all that ? ...yes, you said "if...wizard ... got attacked.." you would not likely be expecting it EVERY SINGLE day.

Even today, the emergency systems you can have at your home, rely on them being a deterrant, rather than a preventative measurement. There's nothing you can do to prevent your own death from a determinant killer, out of nowhere. Just saying.

True, but I'm also not inviting Sarevok over for tea 😛

Maybe not the most realistic, per se, but a far more fun and effective game experience :D

Also, I can neither confirm nor deny whether I recently installed my fifth auto-turret underneath the spice rack in my kitchen. Last Thursday.

Edited by Lightbringer

Yeah, I bet the anti-sniper system works well in the streets in the night. Ours has the 1.50 cal rounds just for the lol's. Or was it called the don't_be_a_real_asshole rounds, can't remember. Am not responsible for the autoloader.

Sorry for the offtopic discussion. We'll move on.

On 2/17/2020 at 4:10 AM, Lightbringer said:

Another one in the "unexpected consequences" camp for SCS: It is WAY easier to keep the Grand Dukes alive in BG1 during Sarevok's Coronation.

Lia Jannath immediately has Stoneskin, Fireshield, Dispelling Screen, Spell Deflection, Shield, and Ghost Armor. The first thing she does is cast Teleport Field, regularly scattering all the Doppelgangers, and the second thing she does is cast Shadow Door, disappearing from sight. So much better than vanilla :D

Ah yes, I too found this a refreshing change from her normal sitting duck behavior.  And besides, if you have ever played a wizard in D&D you should know that wizards are always prepared for anything.  An unprepared wizard is a dead one. ^^

On 2/17/2020 at 9:06 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Reasonable... well, I'll just go and ask, should she be expecting such an attack ? In her royal court. The one without any signs of Doppelgangers. So you expect to be attacked the very moment you go into your home ? I feel sorry for you. Not really.

Important political figure and fairly powerful mage, in a city that has a possible war looming over it, is already full of civil unrest, and already has had two assassinations (Elthan and Scar) in the past week?  Seems to me that she could reasonably expect an attack at some point.  Make perfect sense that she is prepared for the worst.

A minor update to SCS has been released, Version 32.8.

Version 32.8 fixes a compatibility issue with Spell Revisions v4b17 and newer.  This is a community update, so don't blame @DavidW if there's anything wrong with it.  I've tested that the AI change components install correctly.

(Also, apparently he usually uses a special script to create the mod packages. I don't have access to that script, so there's a chance these mod packages may be different in some way.  Or maybe they're exactly the same.)

On 2/17/2020 at 2:05 PM, Jason McCullough said:

I've run into an interesting crash-on-rest bug that I've been documenting here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1117332/#Comment_1117332

If I control-R cheat to heal everyone before resting it never happens; otherwise it seems to happen without a clear repro.  My latest discovery was a save game where only CHARNAME reproed the issue, and surprisingly pulling the Green Ioun Stone off his head before resting solved it.

This is the first save game on this install and showed no issues until I headed over to Watcher's Keep after finishing most of the Athkatla.  It's possible I picked up the stone right before then, but I'm not entirely sure that's the cause.

This bug is killing my game .

@Jason McCullough no Ioun Stone for me and the still crash.

anyone figured what components in scs is causing this?

Strip it down as much as possible - remove everyone from the party, unequip all items... does it still happen to Charname? If so, save pre-rest and upload it. 

Also, what exactly are you seeing? I got a crash-on-rest in SoD recently... but no SCS installed there. It only happened in an inn, not in the wilderness; and the crash happened after resting, i.e. after the rest video finished and I got back to the main screen for a second. 

Similar?

EDIT - the linked thread didn’t have SCS installed. Are you sure this is an SCS issue?

The linked thread also mentions some “invalid items in the inventory...” Do you have that ‘Item Patcher’ mod installed? If so I would try uninstalling it. 

Edited by subtledoctor
44 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Strip it down as much as possible - remove everyone from the party, unequip all items... does it still happen to Charname? If so, save pre-rest and upload it. 

Also, what exactly are you seeing? I got a crash-on-rest in SoD recently... but no SCS installed there. It only happened in an inn, not in the wilderness; and the crash happened after resting, i.e. after the rest video finished and I got back to the main screen for a second. 

Similar?

EDIT - the linked thread didn’t have SCS installed. Are you sure this is an SCS issue?

The linked thread also mentions some “invalid items in the inventory...” Do you have that ‘Item Patcher’ mod installed? If so I would try uninstalling it. 

@subtledoctor- I 'm not %100 sure it's SCS , another option is that it's somewhat related to EEX or  olvyn spells - it happen at any rest scenario indoor or wilderness ) . its is repeatebale unless I heal everyone

here is what I know

this happen when one or more chars are not at their Max HP  - if they are ctrl -R before rest() - all is ok.

I have tried to uninstall EEX and olvyn and it's still crash - I did not tried to uninstall SCS since it takes ages to uninstall 

I also confirmed it happen when all chars are stripped - so it's must be related to an active effect 

lastly I also have your mana sorcerer install (but confirm the issue still happening if I uninstall it as well) 

000000001-(Aravin) Quick-Save-4.zip

Edited by kaiiak

1 hour ago, Guest Leilu said:

Hi,

I can't install SCS on BG2EE.

Here's the debug file.

https://filebin.net/3frezpofuqnzx0gv

There appears to be an incompatibility between EEEx and SCS. I'm not exactly certain why (SCS errors are more difficult than most other mods to read), but having EEEx installed before SCS causes those components to consistently fail with that error. Occurs with both 32.7 and 32.8, so it's not new.

(e): If I had to take a guess, it's related to a new feature of EEEx in the latest version (possibly interferes with how SCS is attempting to read spell identifiers? Something?):

"EEex_MARKED_SPELL:

The EEex_MARKED_SPELL IDS value can be used to reference a dynamic spell in scripts. The SPL resref this IDS value references is set from Lua."

Downgrading to the EEEx version before the latest lets SCS to continue to install.

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

There appears to be an incompatibility between EEEx and SCS. I'm not exactly certain why (SCS errors are more difficult than most other mods to read), but having EEEx installed before SCS causes those components to consistently fail with that error. Occurs with both 32.7 and 32.8, so it's not new.

(e): If I had to take a guess, it's related to a new feature of EEEx in the latest version (possibly interferes with how SCS is attempting to read spell identifiers? Something?):

"EEex_MARKED_SPELL:

The EEex_MARKED_SPELL IDS value can be used to reference a dynamic spell in scripts. The SPL resref this IDS value references is set from Lua."

Downgrading to the EEEx version before the latest lets SCS to continue to install.

Thanks. I uninstalled BG2EE and reinstall it now.

I'm installing SCS right now. I'll see if I can install EEEx after.

Hi, can you help me? SCS won't install for some reason. Maybe there is a incompatibility with some other mod. I have changed the order a lot of times. SCS installs fine if you put it first on the list, but ofc that is not what you want. Here are the logs:

https://filebin.net/lh0vb9o8nm1fzlvn

It would be awesome if you know what is going on!