Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

On 11/2/2020 at 10:15 AM, Cjartan said:

Hello, is this mod compatible with 'deities of faerun' ?

They both seems to use the sphere system component.

I'm only interested in the new paladin kits btw.

My understanding has always been that Deities of Faerun requires that you use its sphere system.  The FnP sphere system is optional - you can just install our kits and play with the traditional divine spell system (it just might be odd for some kits - clerics of, say, a nature deity who are supposed to get a lot of druid spells will instead get cleric spells.  But, then again, this is already an issue in the base game, where Aerie, a cleric of Baervan Wildwanderer, gets the traditional set of cleric spells.  So maybe it's not a big deal.)

Anyway, if you can install kits from DoF without its sphere system, those kits are not specifically supported by the FnP system but they will get a basic default set of cleric spells.  So this could work... but I don't know if DoF actually allows you to install kits without its sphere system.  But in any event this does not seem to be what you're after.

You can install the FnP kits alone without its sphere system (please note @Endarire )... but I don't know if the DoF sphere system will give them spells. I would hope that DoF has a system in place to at least give basic default spell access to paladin kits from other mods... but I don't know for sure.  You'll have to ask over in the DoF thread.  If it does support that, then there should be no problem installing the cleric kits and spell system from DoF, and the paladin and ranger kits from FnP.

Edited by subtledoctor

¡Hello! I have a problem with the shaman/mage multiclass. Can't use scrolls to learn new mage spells, can't use robes, mage rings or other mage objects. Also, I can't equip weapons that i have proficiency in using like axes or flails. Is there something i'm missing, some change that i shoud have made to the files or someting like that? I know that can add spells to my spellbook usin EEKeeper (don't really like it but its a solution), but not being able to use mage rings, robes or objects cripples the character. Despite that, I can use cleric objects like the Honorary Ring of Sune.

I want to share my Weidu log but I don't see how to upload it here.

I have to say that i am very new to this modding thing and i don't really understand it very well. Thanks for your time!

Updated to version 0.79.21. A LOT of work had to go on under the hood to keep everything looking and working as normal, while making this mod fully compatible with my 5E spellcasting conversion mod, about which more later. One change that might be noticeable: the option to have clerics cast spells like sorcerers is now off by default.

I'll explain a bit more: recent versions of this mod bundled a spellcasting system that allows normal casters like clerics to mimic the spontaneous casting of sorcerers and shamans. If you opt in and install this system, then every divine caster will get an innate ability that lets you choose on a case-by-case basis, in-game, whether they should cast like clerics or cast like sorcerers. Now, I have a 5E-style hybrid system which can be installed via another mod. The long and the short of it is, you should choose one or the other. Either install the 5E Casting mod, or change the spontaneous casting setting in this mod's settings file before installation. You have to be a bit more intentional in choosing one, but you get two different and fun options to spice up the way you cast spells.

This is also a compatibility update to keep everything on the same page among the various mods I've worked on. If you use/plan to use any of the following, I recommend you update them all together to the latest versions:

I'm getting the following error trying to install the multiclass components:

ERROR: Sys_error("FAITHS_AND_POWERS_MULTICLASS/lib/semi_spontaneous.tpa: No such file or directory")

I think that some of the functions from FnP included in the separate TP2 for the multiclass components are trying to find their libraries in %MOD_FOLDER%, which is the separate multiclass folder when they're being included, and failing to find them?

Hi SubtleDoctor,

Having a bug with Priest Contingency causing a CTD. Ran into it in my BGEET mega-mod installation, but I've just tested it out on a fresh BG2 install - only FnP installed - and still had the same problem. Using FnP 0.79.19.2. BG2 2.5.16.6.

Gonna try downloading 0.80.3 and seeing if the same issue occurs.

Edit: Nope. Still CTD in 0.80.3. All options installed. Using a fresh ToB Weavekeeper of Mystra.

Edited by hippofant
13 hours ago, hippofant said:

Having a bug with Priest Contingency causing a CTD. Ran into it in my BGEET mega-mod installation, but I've just tested it out on a fresh BG2 install - only FnP installed - and still had the same problem. Using FnP 0.79.19.2. BG2 2.5.16.6.

Gonna try downloading 0.80.3 and seeing if the same issue occurs.

I know it's a bit confusing, but the latest 0.79 versions are newer and more advanced than the 0.80 versions. Stick with 0.79 for now. (And the latest version is 0.79.21)

That said, this may also affect the latest version. I think something in the engine changed since we coded that spell. Maybe it was made in the 2.3 patch, and now doesn't work in the 2.5 patch? Or maybe the spell original just cast the normal wizard spell (which would work fine, but call down the Cowled Wizards) but now it clones the Contingency spell to a new custom version (which can crash the game).

EDIT - just tested, and it has to do with the new UI system. What you can do, is install OlvynChuru's fix over here, and then FnP's contingency spells should work fine.

I'll work on updating the mod to make the spell work without needing that fix.

4 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I know it's a bit confusing, but the latest 0.79 versions are newer and more advanced than the 0.80 versions. Stick with 0.79 for now. (And the latest version is 0.79.21)

That said, this may also affect the latest version. I think something in the engine changed since we coded that spell. Maybe it was made in the 2.3 patch, and now doesn't work in the 2.5 patch? Or maybe the spell original just cast the normal wizard spell (which would work fine, but call down the Cowled Wizards) but now it clones the Contingency spell to a new custom version (which can crash the game).

EDIT - just tested, and it has to do with the new UI system. What you can do, is install OlvynChuru's fix over here, and then FnP's contingency spells should work fine.

I'll work on updating the mod to make the spell work without needing that fix.

Yeah, Cleric Contingency used to work on older versions, so that's why I also thought something 2.5 did break it. I did chase down the problem as possibly being related to the UI and BGEE.lua and UI.menu, but I got stuck at that point and couldn't figure out any more, especially since feat selection and your custom sorcerer spell selection - which look just to be repurposing the contingency UI too - seemed to work.

Can confirm installing that fix did work for me. I can now cast Cleric contingencies.

Are there any required mods for using this one? I installed this from a fresh install and it seemed to install, I was able to select one of the modded classes, select and cast the spells but if I right click on any item in my inventory the game immediately locks up.