SR V4 Beta 18

Mike1072

35 minutes ago, FixTesteR said:

Hi SD! And "there" is where? :)

Here. You have to hit "Code" and then "Download ZIP." It's bit opaque and players would be better served if G3 made a "release" with the "prerelease" tag like 4b18 has...  the 4b18 prerelease was over 2.5 years ago and a lot of fixes have been applied since then.

35 minutes ago, FixTesteR said:

If I updated my megamod installation with the latest SR, would it break my game? Hard to say? I also have SCS and a bunch of other stuff. Otherwise I'll wait until my next clean install.

Just wait til your next install. That is almost always the answer. Don't mess with mods when you have a game in progress.

On 8/19/2022 at 12:13 PM, subtledoctor said:

Ha ha, fair enough!

I recently made a pull request to fix the Sleep issue... I don't know if grodrigues is actually around these days to evaluate or accept it and I don't want to accept my own pull request. If you want to look at it and make the decision I trust your judgment. I'm honestly not aware of anything else that needs doing... was there something about the AoE deflection code? I think the main  thing holding up a "release" is a Readme, for which I am not holding my breath.

My opinion is that we should make a "release," in the Github sense of the word, of 4b19, and we can still call it a beta since it has no full Readme. But at least it would give players a stable download link to get all the recent fixes... the situation right now isn't great: the best/fixed version of the mod is right there but people are not finding it.

As I have discovered over the years, lots of people really don't like downloading the latest repository version...in their defense, some modders very specifically say "no, don't do that, the repository version is not intended to be used by end users". The inconsistency and possibility of an "unstable" version can be more than enough to turn away people who just want to play their game without major issues.

I replied to the GitHub pull.

Improved Haste typo:

"When this spell is cast, each affected creature functions at double normal movement rate, gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls, armor class, and saving throws vs. breath, and can make one extra attack each round. Spellcasting and spell effects are not affected. There are three major differences between the third level wizard spell Haste and this spell. The first major difference is that this spell will affect all allied creatures within its area of effect. The second major difference is that there is no period of fatigue following the expiration of the spell. Third and finally, this haste spell cannot be counter by Slow."

The last sentence should have "be countered by" instead of "be counter by."

Hello,

First of all, this is an amazing mod, I am really enjoying Spell Revisions v4 Beta 18 with Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition!

I wanted to stop by to report a bug?  The arcane Protection from Elemental Energy spell casts then at the bottom of the screen where I assume I would normally be given some options

(what type of elemental protection I would assume)  but the bar is blank as shown in this picture:

image.thumb.png.c6850dbdbe252a0e7bc4d1e64c9fa93a.png

I dont THINK I have anything installed that would be incompatible, but I cant be 100% sure.

I don't know if you want my WeiDu log or not but here it is just incase...

"// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Icewind Dale NPCs: v9
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // Alternate class for Holvir, IWD-in-BG2 -> Holvir, undead hunter: v9
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // Alternate class for Korin, IWD-in-BG2 -> Korin, multiclass cleric/ranger: v9
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // Alternate class for Nella, IWD-in-BG2 -> Nella, multiclass fighter/druid: v9
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // Alternate class for Severn, IWD-in-BG2 -> Severn, sorcerer: v9
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #33 // Alternate class for Teri, IWD-in-BG2 -> Teri, multiclass fighter/thief/mage: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons [Lava] -> Only replace icons that aren't already unique: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #181 // Unique Containers [Miloch] -> Unique icons only: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons [Angel]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-Out Dialogues: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing [Weimer]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove experience cap: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor per PnP: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No restrictions: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery [Weimer]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // Change Grandmastery Bonuses -> True grandmastery [Baldurdash]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-nerfed table [Blucher]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-nerfed table [Blucher]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-nerfed table [Blucher]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2290 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No level progression changes, un-nerfed druid spell table only [Blucher]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2581 // Alter Wisdom-Based Divine Bonus Spell Table -> Use BG/BG2/IWD Table: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2312 // Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters -> Arcane and divine magic: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal [Ardanis/GeN1e]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps [Ardanis/GeN1e]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2339 // Remove Summoning Cap for Regular Summons: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2360 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Single-Classes: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2380 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2351 // Alter Multi-Class Restrictions -> Allow non-humans access to all multi-class combinations: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2550 // Alter Gnome Mage Kit/Multi-Class Options -> Keep gnome illusionist multi-class, enable all kits for single-class: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2410 // Druids Use 3E Alignment Restrictions: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2420 // Loosen Equipment Restrictions for Cleric Multi- and Dual-Classes: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2430 // Change Equipment Restrictions for Druid Multi- and Dual-Classes -> Loosen equipment restrictions for druid multi- and dual-classes: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2440 // Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization [subtledoctor]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2500 // Exceptional Strength Weight Limit Changes [sarevok57]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2520 // Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields [Angel]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2560 // Allow Monks to Wear Helmets: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2590 // Thieves Can Backstab With More Weapons With "Use Any Item" or as Dual- and Multi-Classes: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3008 // Allow HP Rolls Through Level 20 [Angel]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP Creatures [the bigg] -> For party-joinable NPCs only: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% learn spells and no maximum cap: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove Fatigue from Restoration Spells: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited ammo stacking: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Jewelry, Gem, and Miscellaneous Item Stacks -> Unlimited jewelry, gem, and miscellaneous item stacking: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited potion stacking: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited scroll stacking: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch - Alter How Party NPCs Complain About Reputation -> NPCs can be angry about reputation but never leave [Salk]: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3197 // Alter Hostile Rest Spawns -> Double frequency: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3205 // Stores Purchase All Item Types: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3210 // Minimum Stats Cheat: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3242 // Friendly Random Drops -> Exchange with merchants: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3290 // Personalize Automatic Save Names -> Use scheme: 000000000-Protagonist-Save-Name: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3320 // No Depreciation in Stores: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3345 // Increase Party Movement Speed and/or Casting Speed Outside of Combat [argent77] -> Movement speed by 150 percent and casting speed: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3354 // Create Interval Saves [argent77] -> Every 15 minutes (cycle through four saves): v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v16
~ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS/ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Install Enhanced Powergaming Scripts -> Accelerated Pre-Buffing Speed: v11.2
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 18
~HOUSETWEAKS/HOUSETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #7 // House Tweaks: Increased Constitution Bonuses -> Constitution Bonuses for All Classes + Regeneration Changes: 1.91
~HOUSETWEAKS/HOUSETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // House Tweaks: INT/WIS/CHA-based Bonus Spell Slots: 1.91
"

Thank you for the great mod and your time,

-Daniel (playing BG since 1998)

On 4/11/2023 at 9:19 PM, WhoIsDaniel said:

Hello,

First of all, this is an amazing mod, I am really enjoying Spell Revisions v4 Beta 18 with Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition!

I wanted to stop by to report a bug?  The arcane Protection from Elemental Energy spell casts then at the bottom of the screen where I assume I would normally be given some options

(what type of elemental protection I would assume)  but the bar is blank as shown in this picture:

I dont THINK I have anything installed that would be incompatible, but I cant be 100% sure.

I have the exact same issue with Protection from Elemental Energy. I thought it was Bub's Spell Menu but you having the same problem makes me think it's something else. Ive attached screenshot showing the blank page as well as the log. Hope we can get a fix, I'd hate to lose this entire run to this bug but this seems like a pretty important spell to lose for the entire game. It's worth noting that other spells that pop up choices do not have the same issue.

Baldr024.jpg

EDIT: As a test, I downloaded Spell Revisions again and installed in on a completely fresh install with no other mods. The issue is definitely with SR as I was still unable to select the element, there was no pop up of any kind.

WeiDU.log

Edited by Communist-Cleric
Adding more info
On 4/15/2023 at 7:26 PM, Vincent Wood said:

Obscuring Mist and Monster Summoning 1 have no icons for their spell scrolls.

Fixed already in master.

I have the exact same issue with Protection from Elemental Energy.

Yes, the spell is bugged in 4.18 as it misses the 2da file. Already fixed in master.

Edit: I have the clear memory of this file missing the 2da table for spell selection (which would also explain the symptoms you are seeing), but crawling through the git history tells me that the file was there all along, so maybe the problem was somewhere else. At any rate, fixed in master. Try to drop the attached file in your override folder to see if it solves the problem (if it overwrites something, then the problem is somewhere else).

Anyone reading this, should hop to the SpellRevisions GitHub and download the most recent 4.19rc3 where these and many other bugs are fixed.

DVWI426.2DA

Edited by grodrigues
Attach file.
On 5/24/2023 at 1:21 PM, grodrigues said:

Anyone reading this, should hop to the SpellRevisions GitHub and download the most recent 4.19rc3 where these and many other bugs are fixed.

@grodrigues Can you please give a brief instruction how to install 4.19rc3? I'm on Windows 11. I tried to follow your instructions under README.md, but with no success. The linked guide states "At a minimum, every mod will add a folder and a setup-ModName.exe file to your game folder."

Edited by Lianos
4 hours ago, Lianos said:

@grodrigues Can you please give a brief instruction how to install 4.19rc3? I'm on Windows 11. I tried to follow your instructions under README.md, but with no success. The linked guide states "At a minimum, every mod will add a folder and a setup-ModName.exe file to your game folder."

Download some other mod. Click the setup-_____.exe file. Press ctrl-C. Press ctrl-V. Rename the new copy to “setup-Spell_rev.exe”