SR V4 Beta 18

Mike1072

I'm trying this version of SR v4 Beta 18 on a BGEE (EET) 2.6 install. 

I am experiencing unkillable trolls when using this with or without the Dispel Magic component (I'll try reducing included components).

If I uninstall spell_rev, I can CTRL+Y on a CreateCreature("TROLL01") and follow up with an Agannazar's scorcher (or any other fire spell) to finish them off.

With it installed, the troll does not die (sits at 1 hp I guess).

I am also experiencing similar behavior with Item Revisions mod and the wand of fire - if I uninstall spell_rev, I can kill trolls with a memorized spellbook fire spell, but with item_rev installed, I can NOT kill it with the wand of fire aganazzar or fireball.

Edit: I confirm issue is present with just "SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Spell Revisions" component (issue where memorized scorcher fails to work).

Edit 2: I don't know if relevant, but I have SCS component "Rebalanced Troll Regeneration" enabled and installed earlier in my install chain.

Edited by ahungry
11 hours ago, ahungry said:

I'm trying this version of SR v4 Beta 18 on a BGEE (EET) 2.6 install. 

I am experiencing unkillable trolls when using this with or without the Dispel Magic component (I'll try reducing included components).

If I uninstall spell_rev, I can CTRL+Y on a CreateCreature("TROLL01") and follow up with an Agannazar's scorcher (or any other fire spell) to finish them off.

With it installed, the troll does not die (sits at 1 hp I guess).

I am also experiencing similar behavior with Item Revisions mod and the wand of fire - if I uninstall spell_rev, I can kill trolls with a memorized spellbook fire spell, but with item_rev installed, I can NOT kill it with the wand of fire aganazzar or fireball.

Edit: I confirm issue is present with just "SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Spell Revisions" component (issue where memorized scorcher fails to work).

Edit 2: I don't know if relevant, but I have SCS component "Rebalanced Troll Regeneration" enabled and installed earlier in my install chain.

You should not install SR or IR (or really most any item/spell-altering/adding mod) after SCS for a variety of reasons, this being one of them. I am not sure what the best way to fix your install would be, outside of the obvious "start over" - perhaps uninstalling the SCS troll regeneration component, but...I imagine even doing that could cause a cascade of things breaking, so I'm really not sure.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Hah yea, after poking around files, I see overrides like troll01.cre have dwtrrg2.eff and .spl files, so I assume SCS patched the various trollish creature files, overwriting the default trollreg.eff/.spl.

I was cumbersomely working around the problem via ctrl+r (remove invulnerability, but would also remove regen/haste) and slaying that way, but found a mostly "normal" install by copying the original files overtop of dwtrrg2 files in override (however the troll script doesn't seem to fire, so I can kill them without needing to use fire/acid - but I tend to always have some weapon with this effect, so I guess its ok in my head canon 😃)

I'm using a Thinkpad W530 with GNU/Linux, and SCS takes ~2 hours and 15 minutes to (re)install - at the rate I am adding/removing mods for building up a heavily modded set I enjoy, it's too long to run at the end of install chain, but definitely to keep in mind next time I settle on a setup and wanna let it run all day.

Installing things out of order for the sake of install time convenience is not likely to be helpful, since install order is so, so important for these games. I would instead just omit SCS and do test installs with other, shorter-to-indtall mods. Once you have a stable setup, then do it a final time with SCS added in the mix. 

On 1/7/2022 at 10:41 AM, subtledoctor said:

Installing things out of order for the sake of install time convenience is not likely to be helpful, since install order is so, so important for these games. I would instead just omit SCS and do test installs with other, shorter-to-indtall mods. Once you have a stable setup, then do it a final time with SCS added in the mix. 

Good point :) (especially just leaving out SCS until I'm ready to commit to another dedicated play through)

Although other than the troll snafu/issue, and perhaps some very custom NPCs lacking SCS script, most NPCs seem to play as intelligently with SCS at start, as at end, for me (comparing a "vanilla" install which was just the base game + SCS and no other mods as my first "back to Baldurs Gate" replay in ~20 years or so vs. my current ad-hoc "mega" install).

Although as noted in these discussions, I may hit more problems I guess (SCS npcs using base spells and not spell_rev ones), but it's quite a fun/crazy play test atm (especially with item_randomiser + gaenemomod (mob randomizer)).

Edited by ahungry
Guest Shapeshifter

I have several problems while playing with SCS and Spell Revisions (4 beta 18) at the same time.
The readme for the SCS says it works well with the SR, but for me, it doesn't.
Such spells as "Protection from normal missiles", "Clairvoyance", "Non-Detection" — maybe some others — don't work, but most importantly,
the SCS rule "Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility" doesn't work either.

Here is my mod order:

Spoiler

BG 1 Unfinished Business
EET
EEeX
Dragonspear UI
Bubb's Spell Menu
Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options
Mini Quest & Encounters 
BG 1 Npc Project
BG2 Unfinished Business
BG2 Romantic Encounters
Spell Revisions
cdTweaks
SCS
EET_end

Maybe the problem is that I play EET?

At first I posted in the SCS thread, but I was redirected to this thread.

I answered in the other thread but the short version is, antimagic not penetrating invisibility is intended behavior (cast Detect Invisible), and SCS doesn't change the mentioned spells. And they "work" when I install SR (you don't say what "don't work" really means) so the problem is something else.

18 minutes ago, Guest Shapeshifter said:

Maybe the problem is that I play EET?

If I had to guess, I would say EEex. But with no real information that's just wild guess based on suspicion that executable hacks are more likely to cause problems than simple spell mods.

So I'm having a very specific bug, which I originally thought was a result of another mod overwriting Spell Revisions, but as far as I can tell I have nothing else modifying them.

When I cast Summon Woodland Beings, the hamanymphs have four castable spells: entangle, hold person, dire charm, and dimension door. But the readme suggests they should be able to cast other spells, including cure light wounds. They are being summoned by a Level 10 Shaman, if that matters. Happy to provide any logs or files that might be helpful if this is unintended!

I have the issue with the scroll icons for Monster Summoning I and Obscuring Mists not showing up.  It seems like there was a fix but I can't seem to find it or implement it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit.  I figured it out.  The problem was I wasn't looking at the items section of Near Infinity.  There I found the scrolls and added semi-appropriate icons.  

Maybe this will help someone else someday.  

Edited by TheCrux
12 hours ago, Aerothorn said:

So I'm having a very specific bug, which I originally thought was a result of another mod overwriting Spell Revisions, but as far as I can tell I have nothing else modifying them.

When I cast Summon Woodland Beings, the hamanymphs have four castable spells: entangle, hold person, dire charm, and dimension door. But the readme suggests they should be able to cast other spells, including cure light wounds. They are being summoned by a Level 10 Shaman, if that matters. Happy to provide any logs or files that might be helpful if this is unintended!

Do you have aTweaks's PnP Fey creatures tweak installed? This sounds like that one tbh.

I don't! Just went line-by-line for everything in the load order after Spell Revisions, the only things I can even potentially think might affect things:

SCS - Include arcane/divine spells from Icewind Dale (but I don't think this overwrites creature's spellbooks?)
SCS - smarter sirines and dryads (but this should just change their AI, no their spellbook?)

Literally nothing after spell revisions other than that that mentions spells or spell tables. I totally beliee you that this is a mod conflict and not a bug, I just cannot figure it out. Here's my load order for reference (not that I feel entitled to anyone looking through this ridiculous thing!).

Install Sequence 2e.csv

Edited by Aerothorn

It's a bug. I just confirmed, with the yet-unreleased SR 4b19 installed HAMASU.CRE only has Entangle, Hold Person, Dire Charm, and Dimension Jump. DVNYMPH.CRE has all the correct spells.

This seems weird, I feel like this used to work. Maybe the file got changed at some point?

Easy enough to fix I guess. I'll throw a pull release up for b19.

EDIT - done. I just updated the file in the main branch, I don't know how to do a PR for a single file like that. Anyway I hope this is a fairly uncontroversial fix.

Edited by subtledoctor