Jump to content
jastey

Endless BG1 - A Mod for BG:EE, BG:SoD, BGT, and EET!

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, jastey said:

Look at the flags. It's not droppable in my SoD.

Oh true, but it's nothing fancy.

Share this post


Link to post

Hmmm, this discussion makes me want to change what I've done in Transitions.  I had him use his sword from BG2, but that's a weaker version than what it should be for the temple fight.  Well pooh!  Back to the drawing board.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Lauriel said:

Oh true, but it's nothing fancy.

It's a +5 sword in BG1..

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, jastey said:

It's a +5 sword in BG1..

Hmm, boy, they really nerfed it for EE, didn't they.

Share this post


Link to post

I guess I'll have him fight with an undroppable +5 2H sword and have him drop the BG2 sword.  Can do that. :)

Share this post


Link to post

Uuh, actually what jastey means is that even as the weapon doesn't say it to be a +5 weapon, but it(sw2h05.itm) is, it's not meant to be viewable, as it's not dropped, so yes, it's a +5 weapon, and no you can't get it and so on... the file name tricket me. You would think that the original wouldn't be named the next from the few normal and then the few specific player useful swords, but it is.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Lauriel said:

Hmm, boy, they really nerfed it for EE, didn't they.

I meant it's still a +5 weapon, and it is used in the BG1 part.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, jastey said:

I meant it's still a +5 weapon, and it is used in the BG1 part.

Oh!  The description doesn't say any of that, but if you go into the melee abilities, yes, it does.  Good catch!  I'd have never in a million years have caught that.  So I can have him keep what I thought was a plain old sword and just put the BG2 version in his inventory so he drops it.  Even easier!  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Uuh, actually what jastey means is that even as the weapon doesn't say it to be a +5 weapon, but it(sw2h05.itm) is, it's not meant to be viewable, as it's not dropped, so yes, it's a +5 weapon, and no you can't get it and so on... the file name tricket me. You would think that the original wouldn't be named the next from the few normal and then the few specific player useful swords, but it is.

Tricked me, too. :)

Share this post


Link to post

Just a clarification for this post: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30958-endless-bg1-a-mod-for-bgee-bgsod-bgt-and-eet/?do=findComment&comment=276801

When I talked about Sarevok unlocking the power of the chaos sword, I was referring if it was possible to make it so that sarevok armor and helm gets "upgraded" when you give it to him in Baldur's gate 2 ToB (exactly as the sword of chaos).

Said that, I also asked about the real sarevok sword because I wouldn't mind a component with the "true" sarevok sword being dropped, even if it was in bg1.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. :)

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Arthas said:

Said that, I also asked about the real sarevok sword because I wouldn't mind a component with the "true" sarevok sword being dropped, even if it was in bg1.

If you mean the Chaos Sword from BGII, BGTTweaks inserst it into BG1 as Sarevok's loot (that's why I made the sword an own optional component). Also, @Lauriel's mod will make Sarevok drop it as far as I know.

5 minutes ago, Arthas said:

if it was possible to make it so that sarevok armor and helm gets "upgraded" when you give it to him in Baldur's gate 2 ToB (exactly as the sword of chaos).

In Tantalus' "Sarevok Restoration" mod, he will come with a more powerful version of armor and helmet. I tuned it down for BG1.

Share this post


Link to post

Chaos sword.
Not the chaos sword, but the +5 sword Sarevok is currently wearing. Op? True. But I find it  even sillier that you get a toned down version in BG2, rather than the one he is wearing against you! ;) I would then enjoy the sarevok sword as it is in bg, and then have it even "upgraded" by sarevok himself inside the pocket plane in ToB.

A man can dream.

Stronger armor and helm. So an option to have it restored to "the stronger" version in ToB by Sarevok would be possible 😛

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Arthas said:

Not the chaos sword, but the +5 sword Sarevok is currently wearing.

Ah! As far as I know, Ascension adds the possibility for Sarevok to unlock some of the sword's power in ToB (with the Chaos Sowrd). I don't know the upgraded sword's stats, though.

The sword used by him in BG1 is an undroppable item, so it would have to be modified before it could be used in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Arthas

Yes, I know about that banter. Still, the sword is pitiful... that a why i asked for the "true" version

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

FWIW I think the fluff in BG2 - that the sword was bound to Sarevok personally, and lost much of its power when he died - is actually pretty good.  It explains why stupid munchkiny BG2 doesn't drops stupid munchkiny gear on you at the literal beginning of the game; and it explains why...

Spoiler

...Irenicus buys the sword from Korlasz after BG1 - of course Irenicus wants to study something that was bound to the soul of a Bhaalspawn!

Dropping a greatsword +5 in Chateau Irenicus would undermine both gameplay and the game's story, IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...