Endless BG1 - A Mod for BG:EE, BG:SoD, BGT, and EET!

jastey

Uuh, actually what jastey means is that even as the weapon doesn't say it to be a +5 weapon, but it(sw2h05.itm) is, it's not meant to be viewable, as it's not dropped, so yes, it's a +5 weapon, and no you can't get it and so on... the file name tricket me. You would think that the original wouldn't be named the next from the few normal and then the few specific player useful swords, but it is.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
3 minutes ago, jastey said:

I meant it's still a +5 weapon, and it is used in the BG1 part.

Oh!  The description doesn't say any of that, but if you go into the melee abilities, yes, it does.  Good catch!  I'd have never in a million years have caught that.  So I can have him keep what I thought was a plain old sword and just put the BG2 version in his inventory so he drops it.  Even easier!  Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Uuh, actually what jastey means is that even as the weapon doesn't say it to be a +5 weapon, but it(sw2h05.itm) is, it's not meant to be viewable, as it's not dropped, so yes, it's a +5 weapon, and no you can't get it and so on... the file name tricket me. You would think that the original wouldn't be named the next from the few normal and then the few specific player useful swords, but it is.

Tricked me, too. :)

4 minutes ago, Arthas said:

Said that, I also asked about the real sarevok sword because I wouldn't mind a component with the "true" sarevok sword being dropped, even if it was in bg1.

If you mean the Chaos Sword from BGII, BGTTweaks inserst it into BG1 as Sarevok's loot (that's why I made the sword an own optional component). Also, @Lauriel's mod will make Sarevok drop it as far as I know.

5 minutes ago, Arthas said:

if it was possible to make it so that sarevok armor and helm gets "upgraded" when you give it to him in Baldur's gate 2 ToB (exactly as the sword of chaos).

In Tantalus' "Sarevok Restoration" mod, he will come with a more powerful version of armor and helmet. I tuned it down for BG1.

8 minutes ago, Arthas said:

Not the chaos sword, but the +5 sword Sarevok is currently wearing.

Ah! As far as I know, Ascension adds the possibility for Sarevok to unlock some of the sword's power in ToB (with the Chaos Sowrd). I don't know the upgraded sword's stats, though.

The sword used by him in BG1 is an undroppable item, so it would have to be modified before it could be used in the game.

FWIW I think the fluff in BG2 - that the sword was bound to Sarevok personally, and lost much of its power when he died - is actually pretty good.  It explains why stupid munchkiny BG2 doesn't drops stupid munchkiny gear on you at the literal beginning of the game; and it explains why...

Spoiler

...Irenicus buys the sword from Korlasz after BG1 - of course Irenicus wants to study something that was bound to the soul of a Bhaalspawn!

Dropping a greatsword +5 in Chateau Irenicus would undermine both gameplay and the game's story, IMHO

6 hours ago, jastey said:

If you mean the Chaos Sword from BGII, BGTTweaks inserst it into BG1 as Sarevok's loot (that's why I made the sword an own optional component). Also, @Lauriel's mod will make Sarevok drop it as far as I know.

I drop the BG2 version because he's already dead so it's lost a lot of it's power.  It's nothing overly special...+2 I think and drains HPs IIRC.  And it gets confiscated immediately anyway, so it really doesn't matter which version I put in the loot.  I could put in the most over-powered godly sword evah and you'd just watch it walk away.  That would be painful!  LOL

Hi! Just finished BG1 inside an EET run, I'm experimenting this mod (v2.0) right now and I have to say, it works like a charm. Got all the components, and they all do their job. Love it. There was a small hiccup when the game crashed right after the transition to Sod, at the end of the intro video, but it happened the first time only. I tried again twice, and it worked smoothly. Now I can freely go finish a few things (got NtotSc to tackle and Durlag's tower) without the chapter 7 pressure and flaming fist tools chasing my ass. Thank you @jastey for your splendid work. (and not just for this mod, that goes without saying).

There are a few small things I would like to point out.

1) A few typos:

Liia.dlg, state 18: "dept" should be "debt". Also, I think "is" should be "was".

Spoiler

Who would have thought that he is such an evil conspirator! And we nearly made him Duke... You saved us all, and we are in your dept, <CHARNAME>, Hero of Baldur's Gate! You deserve the title.

C#stsrv1.dlg: "verything" should be "everything"

Spoiler

Welcome, Hero of Baldur's Gate! This room will serve as your residence as long as you will stay in the city. I prepared everything and hope you will find it to your pleasing! The Dukes want me to tell you that the chest on the far left of the room will be your personal one, and everything you will put inside shall stay there as long as you take residence here. We cleared out the chests and moved verything downstairs, but if we left things in feel free to stock up your supplies with them. Have a good stay and thank you for saving the city!

C#strfg1.dlg: two typos about the same word, and one suggestion.

"save" should be "safe",

Spoiler

We travelled all the way here from High Moor because they burnt down our farms. Who they are we do not know, only that they are still out there, and their number is growing. Will Baldur's Gate help us? We never came this far into the south, but we do not feel save outside a big city.

Spoiler

So many angry men, and they destroy everything in their wake. I really hope we are save here in the south.

I feel that a word is missing here: My suggestions are "what" or "all the".

Spoiler

They asked us to join them, and then they started rampaging and killing... We fled with (.......) little property we could carry.

2) In my game after killing Sarevok there is a noblewoman (nobw5.cre) in the ducal palace 1st floor who's clearly a 'leftover' from the coronation ceremony, and still goes on happily about how cute Sarevok is, and how peasant I am. Should be removed, or maybe the dialog replaced with one of the 'ohmygod can't believe that charming Sarevok fellow was so eeeevil'

3) Maybe it's not related to this mod: I rested in the palace third floor, then as soon as I came down Liia Jannath cast teleport field. Kinda weird.

*nitpick mode on*

I feel the 'hero of Baldur's gate' ceremony cutscene taken from Sod is a little out of place. Not only it feels weird to speak with the dukes, having the ceremony, then resuming the conversation like nothing happened, but you also have Elminster walking up to Charname and literally saying 'they want to keep things quiet' a few moments before the ceremony starts.

*nitpick mode off*

@Blash2 Thanks!

@Gwaihir Your post somehow slipped my attention! Thank you for the kind words and the feedback!

Thanks for the corrections, noted.

Hm, with the SoD ceremony - EBG1 (for SoD) is inspired of how the PC's situation in BG city is presented at the beginning of SoD, and I get the "Hero of Baldur's Gate" vibe that SoD pushes tremendously (so the PC can "fall" even deeper at the end I suppose). That would be my excuse for inserting the "Hero of BG" ceremony for SoD/EET. I made it really, really short because I didn't want it to become something annoying (cutscenes tend to annoy me after having played them several times, EE be blessed for making them skipable.) The reason that the dialogue just proceeds afterwards with the Dukes is because for BG:EE+BGT the ceremony is not included. So it *is* right in the middle of the dialogue.

And Elminster - well, he can't know *everything* now, can he? :p But yeah I agree that the ceremony doesn't fit with the original game Elminster's speech. (Which, if I would be nitpicky, would be SoD to blame for, though.)