Endless BG1 - A Mod for BG:EE, BG:SoD, BGT, and EET!

jastey

Another possible bug is with the Imoen <-> Liia Jannath component. The IMOEN2_.DLG file generated by installing on EET won't work since Imoen uses IMOEN2J.DLG for her lines. Also the dialogue references between Liia and Imoen seem weird, with among other things one state of IMOEN2_.DLG leading to another state in the same file rather than back to Liia as would be expected -- but maybe that's due to the EET install as well. In the same way, because of IMOEN2_.DLG not being the file Imoen uses, her reply to the servant C#STSRV2 also won't fire.

Edit: Could likely be solved by adding EET compatibility, installing onto BG1/SoD and importing through the EET install -- should consolidate the lines into the proper DLG file.

Also, when Belt proclaims you hero of Baldur's Gate, his line "By the power bestowed upon me as Duke of the Council of Six of this city" should probably be Duke of the Council of Four (with the Council of Six of course being in Athkatla).

Edited by Shin
9 minutes ago, Shin said:

Thanks. What kind of mod will it be?

it will be on the same vein as the Endless BG1 mod, but its main objective will be to allow some of SoD to be completed before moving on to BGII.  It always bothered me that, after finding the information that stated Caelar's intended purpose behind the attempts to capture the protagonist, he/she would still merrily continue toward where he/she should NOT be going.  They give you this info, and you're just supposed to ignore it. 

Edited by Lauriel
7 hours ago, Shin said:

Another possible bug is with the Imoen <-> Liia Jannath component. The IMOEN2_.DLG file generated by installing on EET won't work since Imoen uses IMOEN2J.DLG for her lines.

@Shin did you experience problems in the game or did you look at the files only? The mod uses the correct standard definition of Imoen's joined and post dialogue from inside "EET/other/cpmvars/eet_cpmvars.tpa" (and inside the mod %IMOEN_JOINED%, %IMOEN_POST% as defined in all the cpmvars.tpas). This indeed lets it patch for BG1 the ImoenX_ dlgs. But, finalizing the EET install with EET_End.exe as necessary before playing will unify the joined dialogue as required by creating one for Imoen for the whole saga.

This is standard procedure for modding EET directly, patching to the game before the EET_End.exe unifies the joined dialogues of the NPCs.

8 hours ago, Shin said:

Also, when Belt proclaims you hero of Baldur's Gate, his line "By the power bestowed upon me as Duke of the Council of Six of this city" should probably be Duke of the Council of Four (with the Council of Six of course being in Athkatla).

That, indeed, is a good correction. I noticed it myself when I realized that the council of six was Athkatla, not BG, but then forgot to check what it should be instead.

It was just a test whether anyone is actually playing the mod, you know. :suspect:

5 hours ago, jastey said:

@Shin did you experience problems in the game or did you look at the files only? The mod uses the correct standard definition of Imoen's joined and post dialogue from inside "EET/other/cpmvars/eet_cpmvars.tpa" (and inside the mod %IMOEN_JOINED%, %IMOEN_POST% as defined in all the cpmvars.tpas). This indeed lets it patch for BG1 the ImoenX_ dlgs. But, finalizing the EET install with EET_End.exe as necessary before playing will unify the joined dialogue as required by creating one for Imoen for the whole saga.

This is standard procedure for modding EET directly, patching to the game before the EET_End.exe unifies the joined dialogues of the NPCs.

Right, yeah -- this is what I thought while posting, the problem probably stemming from my setup with having installed this mod onto EET and after EET_End. I had the problems in the game, but solved it by transferring the dialogue states to the proper file. Probably not an issue then.

4 hours ago, jastey said:

That, indeed, is a good correction. I noticed it myself when I realized that the council of six was Athkatla, not BG, but then forgot to check what it should be instead.

It was just a test whether anyone is actually playing the mod, you know. :suspect:

👍 Of course.

4 hours ago, jastey said:

@Lightbringer Thanks for the kind words. :)

@Lauriel is working on a mod that also enables what EBG1 does but for SoD it will be so much more. We are working on making the two mods compatible by modular design so players will have the choice between Lauriel's content or mine for the different components.

12 hours ago, Lauriel said:

it will be on the same vein as the Endless BG1 mod, but its main objective will be to allow some of SoD to be completed before moving on to BGII.  It always bothered me that, after finding the information that stated Caelar's intended purpose behind the attempts to capture the protagonist, he/she would still merrily continue toward where he/she should NOT be going.  They give you this info, and you're just supposed to ignore it. 

Cool, I'll try it out if it coincides, about to transition into SoD soon.

Jastey:

On 1/6/2020 at 3:04 AM, jastey said:

For EET

Roxanne:

Endless BG1 ... is not compatible with EET at all. If you want to stay in BG1 after Sarevok's death to finish any business you may [use my mod]

LOL. I don’t understand the motivation for giving misinformation about mods for a 20-year-old video game. 

(I also don’t understand why anyone goes to her site, unless they like being lied to.)

I think it was written just to sting Jastey, since as we all know she's Roxanne's main 'admirer'. But I gotta admit, this is low even by Roxanne's own twisted standards. What's funny is that she seems to be aware of any new mod out there faster than most of us puny mortals even blink. 

11 hours ago, Arthas said:

1) Are the sarevok removed references splitted from the new dialogues on duke eltan?

@Arthas I admit the BGT part also adds flavor by inserting new lines to Duke Belt which is not transported properly in the readme and mod description. Mainly, the declaration of the PC as a hero of Baldur's Gate is also added to BGT and the dialogue is extended so that you need to talk to Duke Belt again to get the normal "mission to Amn" dialogue.

11 hours ago, Arthas said:

2) Did I understand wrong, or you touched also the dialogues of the "guards"?

Not sure why you put guards in "". Yes, EBG1 touches their dialogue to reflect that the PC has a right to be inside the Palace now. In case that was your question.

4 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Roxanne:

I'm not browsing her "forum" so I don't know what she's writing there, but lastly most things that were drawn to my attention were lies about my mod updates being buggy or "completely unplayable", so "is not compatible at all" would fit nicely in this list, thank you for the laugh. (EBG1 still has bugs in the current EET version, so much is true.)

The mod updates to v2!

The main changes are the of splitting the component "Sarevok's Sword" from the former component "Sarevok's Items" (The sword will be added by an own component for compatibility with BGTTweaks), EET fixes, and some improvements.

The mod is tested on EET now. :)

Download from GitHub

Changes of v2:

-splitted former component "Sarevok's Items" into two and made the dropping and quest about Sarevok's Sword an own component "Sarevok's Sword" (for compatibility with other mods adding a sword to Sarevok, e.g. BGTTweaks). Component "Sarevok's Items" now only contains his armor and helmet.
-"Elminster makes an Appearance" has two install options now: additionally to jastey's version from v1, it also offers the possibility to restore the original Elminster lines unused in the game.
-"Imoen and Duke Jannath": Imoen can be sent to the Palace upon kickout. This should be compatible with other "sent NPC to wait somewhere" mods (calls higher weighted dialogue which circles back to the normal one if the PC doesn't want her to wait at the Palace)
-"Imoen and Duke Jannath": Duke Jannath will have some random dialogue lines if talked to by Imoen.
-"Denkod in Thieves Guild comments on Sarevok's Death": Denkod should beinside the thieves guild if Sarevok is dead
-"Flaming Fist Healer come into Undercity Temple": FF healer takes away the bodies also if PC doesn't want help with healing; FF soldiers do not walk into the temple whan they are leaving, FF healers do not do RandomWalk() while they can't see the PC.
-Violeta in Thieves Maze should not be gone before Sarevok is dead.
-(EE) Winski in Thieves Maze should be gone after Sarevok is dead.
-EET: areas in Palace should not crash. Fixed container area names for EET (components "More Flavor to Hero of Baldur's Gate" and "Imoen and Duke Jannath")
-(EE) Exit from Undercity Temple will only reappear and movie will play if all 4 foes are either dead or no longer present in the area.
-added dialogue lines to Dukes in case they are talked to not by the PC if the PC is not inside as well.
-slight changes to the lines in setup.tra (error message should say "component" instead of "mod")
-mod will set the variable "Global("C#EndlessBG1","GLOBAL",1)" in the thieves guild (chapter 7 after Palce fight) for compatibility with (NPC) mods to know that the game will remain in BG1 after Sarevok's death.
-all lines trayfied.
-minor internal tp2 changes (definition of Imoen's death variable now uses the standard one out of the cpmvar.tpa files).
-added folder libiconv-1.9.2-1-src.7z with iconv licence info
-added c#endlessbg1.ini with mod info