Endless BG1 - A Mod for BG:EE, BG:SoD, BGT, and EET!

jastey

This is a great idea for a mod. Letting the player finish up BG1 and confront Sarevok *before* engaging with the TotSC quests was always one of the best things about BGT. It's really nice that you have brought this functionality to EET.

I have a couple of questions about the "Sarevok's Unique Items" component:

Is this compatible with the BGT Tweaks component that has Sarevok drop his sword? Right now I imagine that if one installs that along with your component, there would actually be two swords. I'm also curious as to why you've decided to make his sword a quest item instead of the actual usable sword that we get for good in SoA.

1 hour ago, Kilivitz said:

Is this compatible with the BGT Tweaks component that has Sarevok drop his sword? Right now I imagine that if one installs that along with your component, there would actually be two swords.

That is true, there would be. Good point, the tweak slipped my attention. For v2, I will split the Sarevok Items component into two: one for the sword story, one for armor and helmet.

1 hour ago, Kilivitz said:

I'm also curious as to why you've decided to make his sword a quest item instead of the actual usable sword that we get for good in SoA.

I spent a lot of thought on how and what to do with the sword. I settled for a solution that is consistent with what the game(s) assume happened with the sword: in SoD

Spoiler

at the beginning in Korlasz's crypt, one of her followers tells that they stole Sarevok's sword, and if asked, Imoen tells that the sword was stolen out of the palace - which the PC obviously didn't know.

So I figured that letting the player have the Chaos Sword and then removing it out of the inventory when SoD starts would be worse than making it a quest item.

And for BGT, the Djinn in Irenicus' Dungeon tells that

Spoiler

his and the PC's captor took the sword from the PC.

Easiest solution here would have been to just let Sarevok drop the Chaos Sword, but then I already coded the "sword gets stolen" - scene (which is consistent with what the Djinni says and would have been for SoD if the PC would have known about the theft) - which I couldn't use for BG:SoD any more, so I left it in for BGT.

When I split the items component so the sword is in a component only, it will be easy to skip the component and install the BGT Tweak, instead.

Possible bug (EET install): Voleta Stiletto disappears as soon as you enter the thieves' maze. The c#stdstr.bcs script seems a bit premature on her, as Global("SarevokBehavior","GLOBAL",1) will be true once you pursue Sarevok after the coronation -- meaning Voleta will destroy herself before she gets a chance to talk about the maze.

Edit: Other than this, the appearance of Elminster, Sarevok's equipment, the hero ceremony, Ophyllis and transitioning over to SoD all seem to work well, even on an EET game in progress. Great work and splendid functionality to have! For another possible bug/incompatibility, moving to the second floor of the Ducal Palace once I'm back inside after the hero ceremony crashes my game -- related to Nila maybe? Will investigate more tomorrow.

Edit 2: Actually after looking at the BCS (BG0109 in EET), I think it might explain the crash. The AR0110 etc designations are no longer valid in EET (BG1 areas are renamed), and as such this component may not be compatible with it in its current version:

IF
  Global("C#st_HeroOfBG","GLOBAL",1)
  Global("C#st_PrepareContainersPC", "MYAREA", 0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    MoveContainerContents("AR0110*Container1","AR0109*Container2")
    MoveContainerContents("AR0110*Container2","AR0109*Container2")
    MoveContainerContents("AR0110*Container3","AR0109*Container2")
    SetGlobal("C#st_PrepareContainersPC", "MYAREA", 1)
END
>>>>>>>>
EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%NBaldursGate_DucalPalace_L2%.bcs~ ~.../ar0109

The install process works around this with the script name, but not the area names.

Edited by Shin

this sounds like a very nice mod, indeed. Congratulations!

7 Elminster makes an Appearance:

Spoiler

Elminster will turn up once again in front of the palace.

Is this original content? If I remember correctly vanilla game already had unused lines for Elminster that refer to defeating S.

btw. same is true for Volo - his new dialogue will show up without any edits, IIRC.

Edited by K4thos