Back for another playthrough

18 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Thanks. You may be interested in the voiceset found here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40067/ninde-npc-no-sound

Thanks.  I'm not sure how I missed that when I was searching for someone who had done the same.  This is a pretty good version, though I think the version I chose is a bit more mature and evilish so I think I'll keep it.  Though the one you linked is good for a slightly younger take on the character.

Next added, a voiceset for Arath.  This was a hard one to match, but I ended up going for a fairly intelligent sounding charismatic voice that is a bit joking in parts.  It isn't a perfect fit, but was the closest to what seemed to capture the personality of Arath or a version of the personality which is plausible.

voice.zip arath.tp2 SETUP.TRA

Also, there's an updated version of Wings! available in the Beamdog thread that fixes a possible no valid response loop. I also managed to track down an appropriate voiceset for Nephele so once I get that coded I will be done adding voicesets.

@Gwendolyne Adrian NPC v 5.0 has problems when you attempt to uninstall it.  The first component uninstalls and then the soundset component gets stuck in a loop if you try to uninstall it.  I would think that the various components should be subcomponents of the main NPC component and they do not appear to be at present which causes problems when uninstalling/reinstalling.

@Caedwyr Could reproduce it. Seems WeiDU does not like

BEGIN @111                                              // ~Phaelin's soundset~
DESIGNATED 10 LABEL ~adrian_phaelin_soundset~
SUBCOMPONENT @110                                       // ~Install optional soundset for Adrian~

but favours

BEGIN @111                                           // ~Phaelin's soundset~
SUBCOMPONENT @110                                    // ~Install optional soundset for Adrian~
DESIGNATED 10 LABEL ~adrian_phaelin_soundset~

Don't ask me why. I have never encountered this before. ;)

In addition, during my testing, I always uninstall components one by one from the last one, to check if everything is OK and did not notice this bug.

Anyway, it will be officially fixed this afternoon (Paris time).

Edit: please, for SHS mods, report their bugs in their own forums if you want a quick answer.  :)

Edit2: seems be to more complicated and related to WeiDU which either does not recognize that main component has been uninstalled or is buggy when uninstalling subcomponents with several REQUIRE_PREDICATE conditions. The code works fine with 2d soundset installed then uninstalled, but loops when the 1st soundset is selected.  The only way to escape the looping is to select "Quit" option: the subcomponent is uninstalled as intended. A not very elegant but effective solution. Waiting for Wisp answer, I had to split the subcomponents into two separate components to make uninstall process work.

Edited by Gwendolyne
2 hours ago, Gwendolyne said:

but favours

Super cool! I think this will help me with an unreleased update, too, where deinstalling caught the SUBCOMPONENT components in a loop or pretended it's still installed and needs to be uninstalled while it was already deinstalled etc. I didn't check yet but I am sure this was the problem with my mod, too.

Cheers!

Ah man, didn't see your edit.

2 hours ago, Gwendolyne said:

or is buggy when uninstalling subcomponents with several REQUIRE_PREDICATE conditions.

Exactly that is my problem, too.

Unfortunately, I did not install the English voicing part (as the mod is translated into French) and did not notice this bug that might also happen with so many mods that can't use REQUIRE_COMPONENT condition when the component referred to is split into subcomponents. I will let you know the results of my investigations to solve it.

Thanks for looking at this.  I'd tried to log in to the SHS forums, but can't seem to remember my login info and the recovery system doesn't seem to work either.  Also, the login site isn't secure so I don't feel super safe entering a lot of data into the site.

A couple of things of note as I start digging into kit and class mods.  Posting stuff here because I can't log onto SHS.

1. The Spellsword kit installs without trouble, but does not show up in game. @argent77.

2. It would be nice if kit mods automatically sorted the kit list alphabetically with the Trueclass at the top of the list during installation.  Or at least sorted the mod introduced kits alphabetically.

3. I'm having kit issues as discussed in another thread that may be related to the number of multiclass kits.  I am still investigating.

4. The Shadow Ranger Kit does not appear in the character creation menu after successful installation. @Gwendolyne

5. The Artisan's Kitpack has an undocumented change in the Arcane Archer multiclass component that allows humans to select any of the multiclass classes at character creation.  It is the arcane archer/mage multiclass subcomponent that does this.  I'm not sure if this breaks any other mods, but it doesn't seem to be working as intended.

6. The Pale Master sorcerer kit does not appear during character creation.

Edited by Caedwyr
11 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

It would be nice if kit mods automatically sorted the kit list alphabetically with the Trueclass at the top of the list during installation.  Or at least sorted the mod introduced kits alphabetically.

You can do this yourself. Look at the K_F_H.2da and similar files. Those control what appears in the menus for each race/class combination. They only contain a list of numbers; those numbers refer to row numbers of kitlist.2da.  If you can figure out the alphabetical order of kits in kitlist.2da (not necessarily simple, since it depends on strings in columns 3/4/5, which are not displayed), then you can figure out the order in which the numbers in the K_F_H.2da menus should go. 

But that sounds like a big PITA to me. And there’s no (reasonable) way kit mods could do it, since any kit mod that is installed later would instantly break it. 

31 minutes ago, Guest ront said:

Could an official patch fix that, or why not, Bubb EEx? I mean, having everything sorted alphabetically.

Official patch?? Don't hold your breath for those.

The best idea if people really care about alphabetical kits is a Weidu mod that could sort them once and set the menu orders.  Just install the mod at the end of your order and that's it.

Me personally, I don't care for the idea.  I like mod kits grouped together as they are installed, it lends the menu some (some) amount of order and theme.

1 hour ago, Guest ront said:

Could an official patch fix that, or why not, Bubb EEx? I mean, having everything sorted alphabetically.

Well, numbers are kinda hard to sort in alphabetical order. See the menu's file is called K_class-letter_race-letter-or-two.2da.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
On 7/16/2020 at 4:11 PM, Guest ront said:

The sorting could probably be done on the fly by the UI through some UI.menu modding.

7 hours ago, lefreut said:

The sorting could probably be done on the fly by the UI through some UI.menu modding.

Yeah, but you undestand that numbers, are kinda hard to order into an alphabetical order, especially when it then requires backwards inferring ? Yes, the K_F_H.2da for example just shows 0, 1, 2 and 3... who are Fighter, Berserker, Wizard Slayer and Kensai, in that order... read from kitlist.2da, except that the 0 is of course the "reserve" aka, Fighter.