Comments on "Progress Reports"

BigRob

Look how patient I'm being, I waited a whole week to post again! :p

I noticed that the last "official progress report" was a month and a half ago-so I wanted to ask:

1) Are you still planning on Aklon being fully voiced? (I really enjoyed his banter in the "ask Aklon" thread)

2) Are you still planning on releasing SOA and TOB simultaneously?

3) What are the chances that Aklon will be released on or before December 31, 2006?

(be honest, I can take it) :p

Oh, (and just speaking for myself here) but if it will get the mod released any quicker, you can skimp on any Aerie - Aklon romance, because the only way she'll get her hands on MY man is over my cold dead body! :p

*laughs manically*

*cough, cough* er.. yes, what I meant to say, in a perfectly calm and sane (yes very sane) tone of voice is; keep up the good work BigRob! :D

(oh and I would NEVER, EVER imagine pushing Aerie off of a cliff. How could you possibly think such a thing?!)

*goes to find a cliff*

what, you're still here? I'm just looking at the beautiful scenery, er...I'll just be going now. :p

Edited by SMichelle

why bother finding a clift to shove Aerie off of? Just push her into a dragon's lair. <Charname> seems to be able to find plenty of those.

but truely Alkon is SO not going to know that whinning little wingless brat exists! (well...not until the PPG Calean romance mod is finished and I am romancing him)

but keep up the good work BigRob and give us an update please!!!!

Thanks for the prodding SMichelle, KIrving and Menelanna. Time for writing over the last couple of weeks has still been bad. I want to try to forge ahead in the next few days and get Aerie's Romance done and on to the Anomen conflict as soon as I can. I will post something serious on the Progress thread when I make it. Sorry about that. :)

Look how patient I'm being, I waited a whole week to post again! :D

I noticed that the last "official progress report" was a month and a half ago-so I wanted to ask:

1) Are you still planning on Aklon being fully voiced? (I really enjoyed his banter in the "ask Aklon" thread)

I'm planning on making him as voiced as possible. While I did say that AKlon would be fully voiced, I underestimated the number of lines required for that and voicing every line may result in a ridiculously huge download and a lot of time for the eventual voice artist to commit. Especially with banters for NPCs I may cut back on voicing, to help him blend into the background, as it would be odd to hear a voiced line fomr him followed by silence from the NPC.

2) Are you still planning on releasing SOA and TOB simultaneously?

Hmm, I don't recall saying that, but sorry if I did. I don't intend to release the two simultaneously. I know this will cause some disjointment in playing the second part of the romance, but in this case, everyone's been waiting a long time, so I figure letting out the first bit should keep everyone happy until I can get the second part done. Being smaller, I'm hoping to get ToB out a lot faster.

3) What are the chances that Aklon will be released on or before December 31, 2006?

(be honest, I can take it) :D

At this time, not so good. If I can get writing and keep writing quickly, I may have all major work on SoA finished by then and begin coding. Unless anyone has a time machine they'd like to lend me.

Well I know I said I wouldn't start hounding you yet but it's Spring :beer: and Summer is just around the corner so, *friendly prod*. :beer:

OK, consider me prodded. :jump: I will make every effort to get some serious writing in this week and leave Aerie's stuff behind.

Oh, (and just speaking for myself here) but if it will get the mod released any quicker, you can skimp on any Aerie - Aklon romance, because the only way she'll get her hands on MY man is over my cold dead body! :p

*laughs manically*

*cough, cough* er.. yes, what I meant to say, in a perfectly calm and sane (yes very sane) tone of voice is; keep up the good work BigRob! :)

(oh and I would NEVER, EVER imagine pushing Aerie off of a cliff. How could you possible think such a thing?!)

*goes to find a cliff*

what, you're still here? I'm just looking at the beautiful scenery, er...I'll just be going now. :p

why bother finding a clift to shove Aerie off of? Just push her into a dragon's lair. <Charname> seems to be able to find plenty of those.

but truely Alkon is SO not going to know that whinning little wingless brat exists! (well...not until the PPG Calean romance mod is finished and I am romancing him)

So the option to get into some of Aerie's LTs and steer Aklon away will be welcomed? :)

So the option to get into some of Aerie's LTs and steer Aklon away will be welcomed? :p

HECK YES!!! That would be fun!!!! :p

As in Aerie trying to charm Aklon, or Aklon beginning to try and charm her? If the former, I hope he can let her down until he's sure the PC isn't interested! But for my party, likely she won't be in it, but I can't help but wonder what their dialogs would be if she were there. And I can see Vicci trying to woo him, as well, even if it is basically for his good looks and...ahem...slave experience!

Personally, I don't want a romance where my pc will have to jump thru hoops and agonize. But a little scripted conflict would indeed be welcome!

As for Calean, I have my doubts he will be finished in a timely manner. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't a couple more years, (and that is only for the SOA part - and look at Keto, wil her story ever even be finished?) which seems quite extreme to me, tho they would say I'm full of...well, you know. PPG has some promising-looking projects but they are taking forever. Look at the Solaufein flirt pack. It's been WAAAAAY to long and it is just a flirt pack! The romance has been written for years now. I'm cynical now, so sue me!

I just want Aklon and I'll be happy! Hmmm...I forget now if Aklon will be SOA only or if his story will be completed. I'll have to re-read some of these threads.

Ahh...but with a cliff you can say, "Hey Aerie, do you really want to know what it's like to fly?"

*hee hee* *now that's just plain evil* :p

Seriously though, I've got to say Aklon is the mod I'm really looking forward to. Although some mods ended up surprising me. (Edwin comes to mind. Probably one of my favorites at the moment. I never in a million years thought I would like Edwin!)

Edited by SMichelle

How sad is it that the main reason I'm replying here is because of the extremely amusing image of Aerie being pushed off a cliff?

No, no, I'm extremely thrilled about the Aklon romance, and the possibility of snickering quietly when he turns Aerie down. *snickers quietly*

I've actually run out of romances for BGII (I've done Edwin three times already! *snickers quietly*) and it's made my day to know that another one--that sounds really well-done and amazing!--will soon be an option. Thank you, BigRob!

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents....Aerie will totally have no chance at Aklon as long as I'm Player 1. I've actually killed her when she was shapeshifted into an ogre, just for the satisfaction of watching her die. :blush:

Thanks again for all of your hard work, Rob! It is appreciated! :hm:

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents....Aerie will totally have no chance at Aklon as long as I'm Player 1. I've actually killed her when she was shapeshifted into an ogre, just for the satisfaction of watching her die. :blush:

Thanks again for all of your hard work, Rob! It is appreciated! :hm:

Why kill her there? Just dump her in the Underdark to have some fun with the drow. :D

as you guys may be able to tell...i do not like Aerie. She is the most annoying person in the entire game. Anomen outside of the romance is a close second though.

As in Aerie trying to charm Aklon, or Aklon beginning to try and charm her? If the former, I hope he can let her down until he's sure the PC isn't interested! But for my party, likely she won't be in it, but I can't help but wonder what their dialogs would be if she were there. And I can see Vicci trying to woo him, as well, even if it is basically for his good looks and...ahem...slave experience!

He has that, and comes with a free collar too. ;) Vicci will indeed be giving that a go, but there no real romance there.

Aklon and Aerie's romance is driven mostly by Aerie, so if you play your cards right, he will be letting her down at some point.

Personally, I don't want a romance where my pc will have to jump thru hoops and agonize. But a little scripted conflict would indeed be welcome!

You won't have to jump through hoops to romance Aklon, even with Aerie present. You needn't comment on Aerie's attempts to attract Aklon if you don't want to. The options for conflict are there so that you can have your say when Aerie gets a little too close to Aklon for your liking and don't have to suffer in silence. :D

Awww. I think I'm the only one who likes Aerie, and is looking forward to her romance with Aklon. :blush:

Ah well. *shields her from all of her very enthusiastic non-fans* :D

You might indeed be the only one. Well, consider it a personal bonus then. ;)

Ahh...but with a cliff you can say, "Hey Aerie, do you really want to know what it's like to fly?"

*hee hee* *now that's just plain evil* :hm:

Seriously though, I've got to say Aklon is the mod I'm really looking forward to. Although some mods ended up surprising me. (Edwin comes to mind. Probably one of my favorites at the moment. I never in a million years thought I would like Edwin!)

How sad is it that the main reason I'm replying here is because of the extremely amusing image of Aerie being pushed off a cliff?

No, no, I'm extremely thrilled about the Aklon romance, and the possibility of snickering quietly when he turns Aerie down. *snickers quietly*

I've actually run out of romances for BGII (I've done Edwin three times already! *snickers quietly*) and it's made my day to know that another one--that sounds really well-done and amazing!--will soon be an option. Thank you, BigRob!

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents....Aerie will totally have no chance at Aklon as long as I'm Player 1. I've actually killed her when she was shapeshifted into an ogre, just for the satisfaction of watching her die. :D

Thanks again for all of your hard work, Rob! It is appreciated! :D

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents....Aerie will totally have no chance at Aklon as long as I'm Player 1. I've actually killed her when she was shapeshifted into an ogre, just for the satisfaction of watching her die. :D

Thanks again for all of your hard work, Rob! It is appreciated! :D

Why kill her there? Just dump her in the Underdark to have some fun with the drow. :D

as you guys may be able to tell...i do not like Aerie. She is the most annoying person in the entire game. Anomen outside of the romance is a close second though.

Thanks all, I hope when it's done you'll all like it. And those of you so inclined enjoy giving Aerie hell. :D

Edited by BigRob

He has that, and comes with a free collar too. :blush: Vicci will indeed be giving that a go, but there no real romance there.

Actually, I think such a banter or banters between Vicci and Aklon would be quite interesting, possibly with other party members commenting, agreeing or perhaps even being protective of Aklon. I imagine that reference to his former slave status would definately strike a raw nerve.