Comments on "Progress Reports"

BigRob

I don't believe you'll have to worry about that factor. It seems as if, from what I've gathered, Aklon will be a spectacular addition to BGII, for those interested romantically or otherwise.

He's interested me so that I've been looking into the Monk class lately, and whatnot. As well as looking moreso into the slavery issues in Faerun, as well. :3

Ahh, well. I am sure I am just as eager as everyone else awaiting the arrival of Aklon, so I'll hush for now. Please excuse my giddy-schoolgirlishness. ^^;

Giddy-schoolgirlishness excused. :mad:

I'm glad Aklon has spurred your interest in other areas of Faerun. I'll be working to try and get things into the coding stage as soon as possible so keep watching this space (or the pinned thread above). I hope to have some proper progress to report shortly.

Edited by BigRob

*gives embarrassed cough*

I'm still working on the same dialogue I was working on before. To be fair, this one is a major turning point in the Aklon/Aerie relationship and it has a substantial amount of PC interaction with it as well (giving all those choices really slows things up, unfortunately). I am currently nearing the end of the dialogue and I hope to get it finished tonight and move onto the rest of Aerie's romance and interactions.

Thanks for the encouragement SMichelle. :)

I have made a bit more progress over the last few days (as posted in the progress report thread), and now that I'm getting into the final phase of the Akon/Aerie romance I'll try to get (and keep) a move on.

I have a new understanding about things that can delay progress. I have just spent the last 4 hours trying to find random series of letters/characters introduced into my J file by my kitten jumping on the keyboard while I was out of the room. Compiling with WeiDU has not hit any syntax errors on compilation, so I hope I found all of them, but I won't be sure until I print it out again and examine it character by character.

Careful saving practices might have averted this, but I did not count on my cat going into WeeHaa mode in the 3 seconds my back was turned.

An interesting insight into why things take longer than you think they should.

that sure does sound like a cat to me. just wait till the cat starts doing the "your working? so what! pay attention to me NOW!" then proceeds to sit ontop of what ever you are working on mode.

BigRob, keep up the good work. Hope your modding continues to go well and that you can get this monk out to all of us awaiting girls. The guy is going to be mobbed when you finally get him out by all of us. can't wait! :)

Guest Guest_CelticRose_*

Greetings Big Rob,

Just wanted to drop you a line of encouragement . . . . as I have been learning rapidly, writing can take time.

Add to that the trials of coding etc. and you have alot on your plate. :)

So know that you have support and understanding here and

our appreciation for your willingness to go to so much trouble to share Aklon's story with us in such a fun way! :)

May the muses keep showering you with creativity and your fingers and hard-drive not fail!

CelticRose

It's great to see the progress update, BigRob. :) (*Quickly hides cattleprod*)

I have a new understanding about things that can delay progress. I have just spent the last 4 hours trying to find random series of letters/characters introduced into my J file by my kitten jumping on the keyboard while I was out of the room.

That kitten sounds really cute. Pity you can't train it to code. :)

It's great to see the progress update, BigRob. :) (*Quickly hides cattleprod*)

I have a new understanding about things that can delay progress. I have just spent the last 4 hours trying to find random series of letters/characters introduced into my J file by my kitten jumping on the keyboard while I was out of the room.

That kitten sounds really cute. Pity you can't train it to code. :D

I shudder to think what kinds of things my cat would code if he knew how.

He is entirely too devious for his own good. The very picture of innocence as well.. seems to be an innate ability for cats.

I should be taking lessons. :)

Nothing goes from cute and loving to terrifying and violent quite as fast as a cat can. So, the moral of the story is, never code with animals, or children. Neither of them can spell. :D

Thanks very much for the kind words (and singular word :) ) all, it's nice to hear that everyone can understand and even tolerate my delays. That said, I'll be striving (being the operative word :) ) to allow Aklon mobbing in as short a time as I can.

But why do I smell ozone?