New spell icons for SR4

Pacek

Alright, time to revive this thread. Again...

Regeneration first iteration:

JkjX6E5.pngsKSAsxP.pngndYaidr.pngQMcpGtJ.pngtMxngNb.png

Comments, crits and rotten tomatoes, you know the drill.

They make me feel Egyptian!

Ha, I like them. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the third one. I think it should be a little 'thicker', like the second one, but all filled out. It *seems* like it takes up less space than the second one (and I assume that it's a more powerful spell).

I think the size of 1,2 and 4 should be a bit smaller like Mike suggests.

On a side note, I don't want to add more work to you but I'm wondering if we should also change the original Regeneration icon (which is also white instead of blue).

Also, have we considered about using something similar to the portrait icons as template? I think we have two available portrait icons for regeneration, the above mentioned 69 (rotated by 90°) used by vanilla's regen, and the human like simbol used by few other regen effects.

If I'm not wrong they are 88 and 59 respectively on this table.

Edited with your feedback (keep it coming!):

04oMyrZ.pngiUOTlzn.pngu7uUWYv.png9GcdzK6.pngi7ZIt3f.png

Maybe I should start a new topic and add new icons and revisions (lol) in the first post?

They look good now imo. What's your opinion on what I said about portrait icons, are they worth trying out or not? If not, I guess we could use 'portrait icon 59' for the above bams.

Feel free to start a new topic, this one was for Pacek's bams afterall.

P.S. Who should I nag on this forum to make it accept direct links to images from dropbox?

I think Mike is the one in charge now but I don't know if he can help you.

There was some technical difficulties expanding states.bam with new icons or I'm wrong? Just to be sure what I'm need to do:

1) Single bam/bmp 13x13 pixel

2) Modified states.bam with new icon replacing old one

3) Modified states.bam with additional icon in free slot.

You got me wrong, I'm not asking you to create portrait icons, quite the opposite. We have two regeneration portrait icons we can use (I've linked you the table just in case you forgot them) and I thought you could make scroll/spell bams using the existing portrait icons as template so that bams and portrait icons are the same. :)

P.S. Who should I nag on this forum to make it accept direct links to images from dropbox?

There's nothing here that prevents you directly linking to Dropbox. It's possible something on Dropbox's end could prevent it, but it worked fine when I just tested. Make sure you using the public URL for the images.

Regarding states.bam, adding new icons is generally avoided because a bunch of mods do that already and there is limited room for new icons. If you wanted to completely replace one of the existing icons (like regeneration), that could probably be done with some fancy patching. To do that, provide either a .bam file that contains just the frame for your icon or states.bam with your frame appended at the end, and make sure the palette in your .bam file matches the palette as states.bam and then wait for me to provide a patch.

Thanks for clarification Mike. I see the image in preview, but when I try to post reply forum gives me this error : You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community. I'm using link like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkammv0mumeqegg/Regenerate_Serious_Wounds.bmp?raw=1. Anyway, it's just matter of personal convenience.

As for states.bam - decision is up to you and Demi.

Archived