[Bug report] EE content bugs

jmerry

I've got a problem installing EE Fixpack on my Icewind Dale EE install. When I run it I get this:

ERROR Locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [ghast1p.spl] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

Any idea what to do? I used the latest version on the github page. Core Fixes and chose English. No other mods installed. Steam version.

Edited by Abdal
3 hours ago, Abdal said:

I've got a problem installing EE Fixpack on my Icewind Dale EE install. When I run it I get this:

Yep, I see the bug. I had ghast1p.spl leftover from some local testing, hence why it wasn't throwing an install error for me. I've fixed it in my EEFP fork; I'll merge it over to the main repo after I pile in a few more fixes.

I don't mind if folks want to take EEFP for a spin, but you should consider it on the level of an alpha for now and expect some issues. If you look through the issues tab on Github, @argent77 has already found a number.

Edited by CamDawg

Silke has chapter seven-specific dialogue. If you sided with her originally, her ch7 dialogue begins with "Hello again. So how goes your mercenary gig?" and one of your reply options is "We're not here as mercenaries, we're here to save the Grand Dukes from assassination."

This is potentially UB (should Silke be at the coronation?) but this reply definitely need to be disabled.

On 5/23/2022 at 11:23 PM, CamDawg said:

Fixed. It patches any ankheg with less than 8 HD up to 8 as a few of the ones in SoD had 10 HD. While I was there, I also move their shells out of the quickslots so that it can't be pickpocketed--the BG2 ones already did this. (Not that you really get a chance to pickpocket an ankheg, but still.)

Replying to an old post but canonically ankhegs are supposed to have between 3 and 8 HD. Bioware gave them all a base THAC0 of 13, but also left them all Sleep-vulnerable with 3HD. About 1 in 3 ankhegs really should be low enough in HD to be susceptible to the Sleep spell (and worth 175-270 xp, less than the big ones who'd unfortunately share the same animation). Could use opcode 151 - replace self - to make occasional weaker versions if anyone thinks it's worthwhile.

On 8/4/2022 at 12:09 PM, argent77 said:

SoD, map BD5000 (Underground River Entrance): The Myconid Cloud effect should not contain black outlines in the cloud animation. It's caused by an unset bit 13 (blended animation) in the extended flags field (offset 0x240) of projectile BDSTINK.PRO.

Fixed.

On 8/12/2022 at 12:36 PM, argent77 said:

Corinth's Bow +2 (BDBOW02.ITM) is a longbow you can find in SoD, which applies the mage spell "Luck" to the wielder after scoring a critical hit. This can be problematic in an EET game, since it will trigger the Cowled Wizards in Athkatla.

. I'm going to defer this for now--I suspect we need a broader review of items-casting-spells that may be summoning the CWs.

On 8/13/2022 at 8:20 AM, argent77 said:

According to the oBG2 item description, item is only usable by Clerics.

This was one of several items--e.g. cleric scrolls, Wand of the Heavens--where we got confirmation that monks should be able to use it.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:05 PM, CamDawg said:

The Greater Ghoul at Durlag's Tower exterior is on impassable terrain.

Fixed.

13 hours ago, CamDawg said:

Silke has chapter seven-specific dialogue. If you sided with her originally, her ch7 dialogue begins with "Hello again. So how goes your mercenary gig?" and one of your reply options is "We're not here as mercenaries, we're here to save the Grand Dukes from assassination."

Fixed.

11 hours ago, polytope said:

Replying to an old post but canonically ankhegs are supposed to have between 3 and 8 HD. Bioware gave them all a base THAC0 of 13, but also left them all Sleep-vulnerable with 3HD. About 1 in 3 ankhegs really should be low enough in HD to be susceptible to the Sleep spell (and worth 175-270 xp, less than the big ones who'd unfortunately share the same animation). Could use opcode 151 - replace self - to make occasional weaker versions if anyone thinks it's worthwhile.

This would be a nice addition, but beyond the scope for EEFP. All of the ankhegs have at least 52 HP, which requires a minimum of 7 HD. Given that they're at their PnP-maximum THAC0 and XP values, I don't think putting them at their PnP maximum hit dice is a stretch.

1 hour ago, CamDawg said:

I suspect we need a broader review of items-casting-spells that may be summoning the CWs

I would LOVE it if the FP could somehow establish a method for this to be moddable... if an item (or something else) that uses a wizard spell could be prepended with a particular 206 effect, or set a spellstate for a second or two, and let the appearance of the CW be blocked by such. I don't remember how the appearance of the CW actually works, but an FP solution that could be extended to other mods would be wonderful.

[BG2EE] Hell Trials map (AR2900): Visual effect of closing the eyes of the tear door has black outlines and is misaligned

Animation SPNPOISI.BAM is played back when an eye is closed by a tear. Since the animation file has no associated VVC, it is played back without blending effect.

Moreover, the animation isn't correctly aligned with the underlying eye. It should be slightly shifted down (positive y axis) by about 25 pixels.

Comparison:

Spoiler

kuirgbx96ic3.jpg

[BG2EE] Hexxat quest: Visual effect on Graveyard map has black outlines

How to trigger:
1) Enter Copper Coronet in the Slums and let "Hexxat" join.
2) Travel to Graveyard and go to the crypt in the lower right corner.

Animation SPCCMDSI.BAM is played back by cutscene script OHHOPEN.BCS. Since the animation file has no associated VVC, it is played back without blending effect.

Comparison:

Spoiler

wbdddik9i58z.jpg

[BG2EE] First Pocket Plane challenge: Summoned creatures should not drop items

Some of the summoned creatures have items equipped that are not flagged as "undroppable". As a result they will drop lots of bows and swords. Some of the droppable items aren't even needed, since they only exist in inventory slots.

Affected creatures:
CHEVIL01.CRE: BOW05.ITM (inventory slot)
CHEVIL03.CRE: SW1H01.ITM (inventory slot)
CHGOOD04.CRE: SW1H05.ITM (equipped)
CHGOOD05.CRE: SW1H05.ITM (equipped)

16 minutes ago, argent77 said:

[BG2EE] First Pocket Plane challenge: Summoned creatures should not drop items

Some of the summoned creatures have items equipped that are not flagged as "undroppable". As a result they will drop lots of bows and swords. Some of the droppable items aren't even needed, since they only exist in inventory slots.

Affected creatures:
CHEVIL01.CRE: BOW05.ITM (inventory slot)
CHEVIL03.CRE: SW1H01.ITM (inventory slot)
CHGOOD04.CRE: SW1H05.ITM (equipped)
CHGOOD05.CRE: SW1H05.ITM (equipped)

Although they are summoned, or warped in, these creatures are not endless, so there's no "farming" exploit. Also regarding CHGOOD04 & CHGOOD05, of all their equipment only the +1 swords are droppable, seems unlikely to be a mistake.

Debatable whether the events in the plot-advancing pocket plane "challenges" are conceptually supposed to have physical reality outside the PC's mind, but you can acquire usable items from them (Blackrazor at the end of SoA comes to mind, also the Cloak of Bravery and potions from the locked chest in the room of fear).

8 minutes ago, polytope said:

Although they are summoned, or warped in, these creatures are not endless, so there's no "farming" exploit. Also regarding CHGOOD04 & CHGOOD05, of all their equipment only the +1 swords are droppable, seems unlikely to be a mistake.

At least the inventory items look like a mix-up or copy&paste error to me, since they are basically duplicates of undroppable weapon that are actually equipped. The +1 swords maybe were intentional, but I don't think so. Otherwise, there would be a lot more items droppable (halberds, hammers, shields, etc.)