New spin on recommended mods

CamDawg

Having finished a Tutu run, I think I may be ready to continue into BG2 (this was my promised carrot to myself for finally updating Tweaks :p ). I'm looking for some mod recommendations, but specifically some out-of-the-way, obscure, or lesser known mods. For me, personally, I don't like tactical mods, but feel free to recommend them anyway since I'm sure there are others who might.

On a completely self-serving note, since it sounds like you took a LG male <CHARNAME> through Tutu romancing Dynaheir, you wouldn't wanna put Saerileth on the list, with Keto in tow - with an eye to bughunting ?:p? If I play my timecard right, I could end up following your game with one of my own and benefit from all your hard work/research...

hey, you can't blame a guy for dreaming...

I've been dying to try some of Cliffette's mini mods for ages. I am especially interested in the one that suggests you might gain a small, annoying friend in the Umar Hills. Don't know the addy, but they're linked through PPG's modlist and links area.

Hm, I really enjoyed Expanded Thief Stronghold; like member of Shadow Thieves of Baldur's Gate I wanted to have some of my older comrades (like Narlen or Black Lily) with me in Athkatla :p

And yup; Cliffete's Every Mod and Dog is wonderful mod - I loved component Character Medley :p

I'd just like to echo Cam's words about jastey's quest. I played it last week, and didn't even realize it was a mod at first, so seamless it was - it could as well have been a part of the original game.

(I especially liked the grammar and punctuation part - I had to uninstall the Stone of Askavar because of it).

And as for BG2 - I think Turnabout is worth trying.

The last run through I did with both Desecration of Souls and Dark Ritual, didn't go too well for me (this was a couple of years ago). I ran into several bugs and quirks that I think came from overwriting areas and area scripts. Besides that, the items were pretty overpowered or not appropriate to the setting (M.C. Hammer for example). Different tastes and all however...

Archived