[released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod

jastey

I'm not sure but I just wanted to quickly say that there has been a weird occurance in which whenever I am attacked and the AI kicks in everyone not in my party attacks me, except Ajantis who says "...I have failed my love" and then attacks. The thing is the people are already aggressive so it doesn't make sense >.>

Also my reputation will not stay above 10 and when I finish the paladin quest my reputation is caused to decrease by 3 or 4 points.

I might have missed something, but is it possible to complete the Maevar quest without Ajantis leaving the group? I know that he gets angry if you steal the necklace, but is there a way to get the necklace without stealing it or killing the priestess? I tried talking to her to see if she would let me buy it off of her, and I went to the ring maker in the Promenade to see if he could make me a replica. No dice. I ended up just cheating in Edwin's key so I could finish the side quest and get the goodies.

A "knock" spell opens the safe and you don't even need to do Edwin's quests at all. As for the Talos necklace I usually have a thief who steal everything he can (Yoshi) and how about if HE steals the necklace while the priestess is asleep and you don't have Ajantis in your party at the time? Or if he is outside? Or sometimes, if Charname sees Mae Var alone and leaves her/his party upstairs the others act as if they don't know what's up. Others do. Does Ajantis?

I haven't installed him yet because I'm hoping to be able to install Faren beta but have received no reply from Miss Sakaki. I want my new install as stable as possible.

Well, I finished engaged path. Unfortunately romance for BG1 I liked too better. I don't undersatnd: why young and healthy man permanently whine.

I like you try to do Ajantis satisfying the requirements of complete. But... I don't understand his comments abour Adalon, and, again I don't like the story with herbs. As paladin he cannot know about such things. And as paladin he cannot speak about such things. PC is a big girl, really... she can care about herself.

And... may be it's my fault I put pause between LT on 30 min but on my opinion Ajantis is too talkative.

Senka: Thank you for playing the mod. Sorry it didn't work for you.

darlarosa: Ajantis attacks the PC if the rep goes below 8. I wouldn't know why the rep would fall, though, as there is no rep decrease in the mod, just a reaction to the actual rep in the game.

AkashaCatBat: No, there is no way other than to send him away during the thief quest. He can be taken back into the group later again, though.

I don't like the story with herbs. As paladin he cannot know about such things. And as paladin he cannot speak about such things. PC is a big girl, really... she can care about herself.

You mean the part about contraceptives? Even though he is a paladin, Ajantis is old enough to know where babies come from. Even if your average paladin really doesn't know about contraceptives, Ajantis seems like the type of man who would find out, because he is so very considerate and dutiful. On the one hand, he knows that <Charname> is on an important mission and that a pregnancy would make her too vulnerable; on the other hand, he loves and desires her very much, he wants her to feel happy and loved, and he also sees it as the duty of a husband to sleep with his wife. I can very well imagine that Ajantis would ponder quite a lot on their situation and go to some lengths to find a compromise.

About not talking about the herbs, I just reread the LT in question: I think Ajantis is a bit embarrassed (notice the frequent coughing, blushing and harrumphing), but he thinks it is his duty to address the issue no matter what. He certainly didn't choose the ideal moment to talk about contraception, as he kind of spoilt the romantic mood for me, but that seems also very much in character. After all, Ajantis is a bit clumsy in that respect. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

jastey, would you consider introducing something like the "I tried talking to her to see if she would let me buy it off of her, and I went to the ring maker in the Promenade to see if he could make me a replica" ideas? I can understand why Ajantis would object to you stealing and/or killing, but I'd rather there were a solution other than:

"I'm going to temporarily remove you from the party while I do something naughty. Now turn around, close your eyes and cover your ears and count to 100".

*100 seconds later*

"Welcome back into the party! Yay!"

But saying all this, I can understand why Ajantis would not want you associating with thieves, so maybe it is just necessary to exclude him from the group when working for Mae'Var. How does he react to Edwin's Rayic Gethras quest? Oh, and how does Kelodorn react in these situations? Does he respond in the same way as Ajantis?

Is it just the Mae'Var quests that Ajantis is "incompatible" with? If so, I'll write myself a note to remind me to exclude him from the party until I've done these quests (and any others that have a similar effect on him).

Beware, spoilers ahead!

As I said, the talk spoilt the moment a bit, but that was mainly because of the wording in the German version ("schwängern" sounds a bit awkward to me :rolleyes:). It sounds better in the English version, I think. I don't know why talking about contraception is so very offensive, though. He's just being reasonable.

However, Ajantis says and does some things that would offend me in RL:

He says that his duties as a paladin are even more important to him than his duties as a husband and father, and that he would sacrifice himself for righteousness if he absolutely had to.

I don't like this at all, but it shows how very serious he is about being a paladin and it fits the personality he was given in BG1 NPC very well.