[released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod

jastey

I also had the problem Eviane mentioned, about having two Douglases show up one after another, with the engaged path firing first.

There was one point where he addressed me as 'love' but my romanceactive value was 3 (damn that interfering Anomen anyway). I can't remember which one; I'll have to find it again.

The globe - I have been thinking about this, because it took me a while to work out what to do with it....Perhaps adding a note that it should go in the quickslot? I kept chatting up the priest and had him send the portal people through to us - I thought that was all you could do. (It wasn't until I was reading this thread that I realised I'd missed the huge quest!)

I also haven't played BG in a while and am only just remembering all of its how-to-use-this-item quirks, so this may just be me. Other unique items in the game have the note about quickslot use at the bottom of their descriptions, however, so I thought it worth mentioning.

Very, very well -written, Jatsey! I'm enjoying it greatly.

I went to see the fat merchant in the dock district, Jahaboam. He said he sensed a "familiarity" between Ajantis and <Charname>, but Ajantis claimed that Jahaboam must be mistaken concerning their relationship. Uhm, they got married mere days earlier and Ajantis already denies he has a wife?! I'm offended. :rolleyes:

Edit: And something else, though I don't have a screenshot or real evidence or anything. I broke up with Ajantis at some point, just to see what happens - I don't know if it was part of the romance conflict or some other occasion. Anyway, he said something along the lines that he would stay in the party as long as he was needed - and left, which struck me as odd.

Edited by Evaine Dian

Evaine Dian: Cool, thank you for the report. That line wasn't supposed to show for the engaged path, obviously, I forgot to negate the check. Fixed locally.

Saw your edit: That is nonsense, of course. He leaves when they are married, but he shouldn't say otherwise first. Did you chose the PID after the marriage for the breakup?

sisterpatrick: Thank you for the kind words. It would be great if you could tell me the dialogue in which he refers to her as "love". Your PC chose Anomen? Did you start from the engegd path for the Ajantis romance, and went everything well?

About the quickslot - I am not sure what you mean about items having the note in their description. Could you give an example? Of course I would like to add such a line, to make things easier.

Ankhesenpaaten: I am gald the quest works for you now.

Senka: Cool, have fun!

Ok, I just tried breaking up with him via PID. They were engaged, not married yet. He said "Ich... ich werde Euch weiterhin unterstützen, solange Ihr Verwendung für mich habt. Lasst uns weiterziehen... und nicht sprechen." After that, he left.

Edit: Just went to the Order and there he was. He approached me and said the line about being a good team.

Edited by Evaine Dian

Sounds like a mess. I'll have a look at it...

Yep, there was the EscapeAreaMove, but without any setting of a kickedout variable. No, that's not supposed to be there, he will stay. Fixed locally. Good catch!

Edited by jastey

Thank you for the kind words, Kulyok, and dalarosa.

ToB part is not forgotten: Romance for ToB is designed, two lovetalks are written, basic package with call by spirits in pocketplane is coded - but don't expect anything soon.

There is something in the Underdark I find odd:

When you talk to Adalon for the first time, Ajantis interjects: "Was? Wir sollen uns als Drow ausgeben, unter ihnen leben und vielleicht sogar mit ihnen zusammen Arbeiten? Warum all diese Geheimnistuerei? Lasst uns zusammen gegen sie vorgehen! Wenn wir zusammenarbeiten, können wir die Drow vernichten, Dame Adalon!"

Adalon didn't reply to Ajantis, but tranformed the party. When I got out of her cave, Ajantis started a dialogue: "Ich kann das nicht glauben! Wir sollen uns als Drow ausgeben, unter ihnen leben und vielleicht sogar mit ihnen zusammen Arbeiten? Warum all diese Geheimnistuerei? Lasst uns zusammen gegen sie vorgehen! Wenn wir zusammenarbeiten, können wir die Drow vernichten!"

First of all, it was a bit strange to see the almost exact phrase he used just moments before, second I could reply: "Ihr hättet Eure Stimme vor der silbernen Dame erheben können. Jetzt ist es zu spät." Yes, he could have said something and he did...

There are also typos I think I forgot to PM you in that dialogue:

1) Wir sollen uns als Drow ausgeben, unter ihnen leben und vielleicht sogar mit ihnen zusammen Arbeiten?

arbeiten; or you could also say zusammenarbeiten

2) @662 = ~Euer Mut ist ehrenhaft, Ajantis, aber einen Kampf mit einer ganzen Stadt anzufangen ist viel zu riskant! Ihr kennt die Stärke der Dunkelelfen und sie sind zahlenmäßig bei weitem überlegen. Außerdem hat Adalon ihr Dilemma gerade erklärt. Ihre Hände sind so lange gebunden, wir ihre Eier im Besitz der Drow sind!~

wie

Edit: And another typo in romance.tra:

@218 = ~<CHARNAME>, der Grad, auf dem sich ein rechtschaffener Paladin bewegt, ist manchmal sehr schmal.

Grat

Evaine Dian: Cool, thank you for the report. That line wasn't supposed to show for the engaged path, obviously, I forgot to negate the check. Fixed locally.

Will Ajantis say something nice about <Charname> instead? That Jahaboam is right and she is his beloved bride/wife or something like that? That would be nice.

Edited by Evaine Dian

I don't know if it's me, or I'm just rushing or if I'm just being stupid but, my character Divi has selected the ring, how do I make them(or how long should I wait before) they get married. Right now I'm just running around

BTW Eila's fiancee won't spawn

Edited by darlarosa