[released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod

jastey

Hi, I feel really - REALLY - stupid. But could I have some help with the blue powder quest? I found the rune stone, know all about the instructions on the table, but for the life of me cannot figure how to combine the two items together to get what I need. I tried throwing them in various containers, clicked the powder on my character's avatar (which crashed the entire game), and so on and so forth. I know the answer is probably doing cartwheels in front of my face, but I just can't see it. Some help would be MUCH appreciated!

Edited by Nyaore

*face palms repeatedly* Figured out the problem. The table refused to give me the next message after the initial hint, even though I clicked on it at least fifteen times, and only just now allowed me to combine the two items. Oh well, at least the solution was that simple. Sorry for being a bother. *crawls away in embarrassment* :)

Edited by Nyaore

It's alright. I'm sure I missed a step somewhere along the line, thus causing the problem. I'm just glad it worked, as it allowed me to play a good portion of the rest of the mod before I decided to take a break. Ajantis is simply wonderful Jastey. Adorable, kind, protective, thoughtful, and did I already mention adorable? I've taken to calling him and the character I rolled for his romance the 'Tooth Decay Duo', because all their interactions are so sickly sweet that I can practically feel my teeth rotting out just watching them. Their cuteness was just too much at times. xD Now all I need to do is move onto Spellhold and get the end game portions worked out, and I'll be all done with the engaged portion of the mod.

Kudos to you for creating such a wonderful romance and integrating Ajantis back into BG2! :3

Edited by Nyaore

If it's possible to do the quest-less, "light" ToB Ajantis(i.e. like ten romance talks, five friendship ones, thirty interjections, repeat of committed flirts, one banter for each NPC and Gorion Ghost dialogue), I'd say it might be worth it. I mean, romance is the meaty part so many girls want, right? And the rest just want a non-silent ToB Ajantis. But that's just me

If it's possible to do the quest-less, "light" ToB Ajantis(i.e. like ten romance talks, five friendship ones, thirty interjections, repeat of committed flirts, one banter for each NPC and Gorion Ghost dialogue), I'd say it might be worth it. I mean, romance is the meaty part so many girls want, right? And the rest just want a non-silent ToB Ajantis. But that's just me

No it's not only you :) I'd like that too.

Cheers

Nyaore: No worries! As long as you enjoyed the mod you can call it whatever you want.

Thank you for the nice words everyone! It's rather difficult to squeeze a quest into ToB, though - the story unfolds so fast I have problems to find the right spot for some of the dialogues to trigger, because so much happened in the ten minutes afterwards. :)

Kulyok: 30 interjections? ..That sounds much.. (need to play ToB again) but yes, all in all that's what I aim for. Although I think romance dialogues are more than ten already, plus scenery dialogues - I hope he doesn't talk too much in the end.

I feel a bit silly, but I am having the most difficult getting the first quest (saving Ajantis) to fire.

Well, actually, it fires - I get the wonderful sequence with the knights right after our fighting with the disguised Ajantis & Co. I go through the ruins, meet with Firkraag, and rescue Garren's son. I then go back to the Order, speak with Dalahan, and then head back to the Windspear Hills, and trigger the portal. We have the fight again, and I search out and enter the ruins. However, this is where I have trouble...I cannot locate the hidden rune. I search that darned room, but...nothing. I've obviously missed something somewhere and could really use a little help.

Thanks!

The rune is really invisible - so, upon searching it, do not only trust your eyes. The spell Detect Invisibility should have an effect if thrown at the right place (i.e. inside the librabry). -If you want more spoilers, let me know!

Edited by jastey