Complaint regarding BG1RE content (resolved)

Glam Vrock

Guys, play nice, please.

Glam, I see your point. But there is a difference to a Chloe kidnapping and sodomising mod in comparison to this component. In the Dirty Guard, the potential victim can end the situation at every instance. In your fictitious Chloe mod, she cannot. And that is the reason why I did not dismiss this component when it was proposed. I see now I was way too naive with this, as I really thought the choice in the player's hands - from the potential victim's point of view - would be enough to even it out.

Next version will have a heavy warning in both readme and installer, plus additional exit options where the PC can laugh into the guard's face.

Concerning your question to the web site's reputation - but after what you started here, in the public forum, I am not sure I can take this seriously. You start a public flame war, and it's because you fear for the site's rep? As a fellow modder, there would have been other ways for you of starting this discussion. No, you made clear you want the bg1re mod being bad mouthed - and you chose a good quote for your screen shot, too - show one offending dialogue path but not all the exit options you already ignored for getting there... I don't know.

What I wanted to say: Concerning your question to the web site's reputation, please refer to the G3 admins for their opinion, instead of posting here. What can I say.

Guys, play nice, please.

Glam, I see your point. But there is a difference to a Chloe kidnapping and sodomising mod in comparison to this component. In the Dirty Guard, the potential victim can end the situation at every instance. In your fictitious Chloe mod, she cannot.

So if she could, that'd be fine? So long as you can only try to rape her?

The point I've been trying to make from the beginning is that by hosting material on your website, you are endorsing it. Whether people have to play it or not, whether it can be stopped before it goes too far, doesn't matter. If the mod contains certain material and you choose to host that material, you are tacitly deeming it acceptable. And again, this mod takes the disgusting, degrading, heinous act of rape, puts it under "Romantic Encounters" and tries to make it sexy.

Are you prepared to endorse that?

Concerning your question to the web site's reputation - but after what you started here, in the public forum, I am not sure I can take this seriously. You start a public flame war, and it's because you fear for the site's rep? As a fellow modder, there would have been other ways for you of starting this discussion.

I said it was half out of concern. I also think it was incredibly irresponsible that this was allowed to pass at all, and yeah, maybe it deserved a public callout, if only so I could be sure it wasn't swept under the rug.

Glam, it almost looks like as if you consider Romantic Encounters as a competition for your own mod, which happens to be released at the same time.

Don't need to spit on RE, I'm positive that your Vynd will defend itself with its top notch quality (I saw only praises from beta testers).

Initially your concerns may have a merit, but now you just become entangled in your desire to put a bad reputation on RE. And your justification to protect the G3 from bad influence looks thin at least.

Can't you see that virtually nobody, who happens to write in this thread, don't feel offended by this component? They do recognize that no one forces them to install it. If they do not have desire to read all this stuff, it's easy for them to not to - they just plug it off. Dead simple.

Stop this flame please, you made your point. I do acknowledge it, but flaming is unnecessary at all.

And again, this mod takes the disgusting, degrading, heinous act of rape, puts it under "Romantic Encounters" and tries to make it sexy.

BG2 takes the disguasting, vile, heinous act of murder slaughter, puts it under "isometric RPG" and becomes best game ever.

BG2 takes the disguasting, vile, heinous act of murder slaughter, puts it under "isometric RPG" and becomes best game ever.

Priceless ;) We all are degenerates. And Enhanced Edition enhanced our depravity.

Eh, don't feed a big bad monster, Cahir...just don't.

Glam, it almost looks like as if you consider Romantic Encounters as a competition for your own mod, which happens to be released at the same time.

Oh come on. Apart from anything else, I've only been concerned about this one component, not the mod as a whole. If it hadn't been there, I wouldn't have said a word.

Hey, I see you're still participating. How about you go back and answer that question you avoided before we move on to a different point?

It saddens me that people consider this trolling.

It is not my intent to anger people. Everything I have expressed here has been my honest criticism of this component, or a response to points raised by others. Yes, I have been blunt. I have been harsh. That's because I don't think this subject deserves to be tiptoed around. I genuinely believe this mod, and this website, would be better off without this content. If I didn't, I wouldn't be so vehement.

I am voicing a strong opinion. You disagree. That's fine. It does not mean I'm trying to annoy you.

I'm going to sit down and have a long look at this thread. For now I want to make a few quick points.

First, Glam, your concerns are noted, and under serious discussion amongst the team.

Second, and sadly, what could have been an insightful, thought-provoking discussion is instead about one page of insight and four pages of uselessness. I expect better from everyone. This is a serious topic, entwined for many in deeply personal experiences, and I would rather see the topic (and more to the point, the people sharing their opinions) treated with the respect and gravity they deserve.

Archived