4udr4n's EET PI Multi-Install

4udr4n

Comments here.

General

1. I've found it helpful to include a note as to the version in my list.  This helps me figure out if I have the latest version or if things need updating.

In the Install on BG:EE before EET you may also want to consider adding the following based on what I've been able to find.

1. White as Bones NPC for BG v2.0.  Is this for install after EET or before? I've seen both recommended.
  2. I have some concerns regarding his crossbow proficiency change and how it interacts with subtledoctor's mods.  It may be fine, but it's one area I can see potentially causing problems.
  3. Aerie in BG1.  This is a bit of a conceptual incompatibility as Aerie in BG2 will not recognize the player and they likely should based on the BG1 encounter as described by the mod author here.
  4. I found a later version of Finch updated for BG:EE here.  Note that there may be some compatibility issues with SoD where Finch is treated as a silent multiplayer NPC and isn't kicked out of the party correctly, as described by @jastey here.  If Finch was kicked out properly and worked otherwise, I'd love to include this mod in my install order.
  5. Garrick, Tales of a Troubadour and Garrick's Infatuation as well as Tenya NPC conflict with each other and should not be installed together as per this page.
  6. Tenya Thermidor apparently has some balance issues, so your mileage may vary for if she fits in the game or not.
  7. Indira NPC v12beta3.  There may be an issue with some of the scripts compiling properly.
  8. Margarita Zelleod.  Currently lacks a portrait or voicing as per the mod author.
  9. Dark Horizons. There are concerns regarding the balance of the items you get from this mod.  There's also possible compatibility issues with SCS.  And some broken items/areasIt's buggy.
  10. The Stone of Askavar may have some glitchy graphics that don't match the style in the base game.
  11. Valerie has a soundset.
  12. Baldur's Gate Graphics Overhaul mod for EET may have some bugs.
  13. Tales of Anegh.  Apparently there's some rough English translation in this mod and the graphics in the new areas may not fit seamlessly into the game (see screenshot in same thread).

More to come as I work my way through the list.

More items:

1. There's a BG2 Romantic Encounters dialogue that may make reference to Cernd being a shapeshifter and possibly one or two in the Cernd Friendship mod.  Keep this in mind relative to the Totemic Cernd if you care about these types of inconsistencies.
  2. Rolles Safyer has some pretty unbalanced items.  I'd take a close look at the list of items in the readme to see if it matches your taste.
  3. Aurora's Shoes and Boots should probably link to the currently maintained one by Sam at SHShttps://github.com/Sampsca/Auroras-Shoes-and-Boots/releases
  4. Fishing for Trouble is currently bugged. 1. 2. 3. I stopped looking at this point, but I remember seeing some more bugs listed as well on the BeamDog forums.
  5. Dark Side of the Sword Coast has received a recent update.  It doesn't appear to have received the same type of cleanup and rebalance that NTotSC received.
  6. BG Mini Quests & Encounters has some small bugs with the Many Little Paws component.
  7. A Mod for the Orderly.  EET Tweaks v1.12 also features a keyring container. 
  8. Dungeon Be Gone and Skip Chateau Irenicus both do the same thing.  I'd choose one or the other.
  9. Keldorn Romance.  You may need to install Senesible Entrance Points from the Tweakpack (G3?) prior to installing Keldorn Romance in order for Keldorn to appear in the right location as per the mod's readme.
  10. Yeslick NPC has a problem with the TP2 that is a simple fix as per here.
  11. Auren Aseph has a problem with the TP2 that is a simple fix as per here.
  12. Tyris Flare has a problem with the TP2 that is a simple fix as per here.
  13. Sarah has a problem with the TP2 that is a simple fix as per here.
  14. A Soundset is available for Ninde NPC here.  This just makes her speak up when clicked on, but isn't full voicing.

There's a lot of stuff in there as well with the various megamods and Sorcerer's Place that probably needs a close look to see if they match the quality and balance you'd expect for your game.  They were mostly hit or miss, tending towards miss, back in the day and I don't see many of them having received any real rebalancing or other types of clean-up in the time since.  I haven't commented on them, since I didn't do more than take a cursory look at their current state.  At least most of them are now Weidu mods that don't just use Weidu to copy a dialog.tlk into your override.

Another post with more comments:

1. Sarah has its own music addon.
  2. Haer'Dalis romance has a compatibility issue with the Sarevok Romance.  Install Haer'Dalis first.  There are also other bugs with dialogues and the romance failing to fire as intended based on the bug thread.  I've sadly had to drop this one from my list due to the concern around the number of  bugs.
  3. BG2 Romantic Encounters.  If you install the Valygar Friendship or Corthala Romantique mods, you'll want to skip the Valygar Romance and Valygar Romance (ToB) components.
  4. BG2 Romantic Encounters: The Blame the Moon component makes references to Cernd being a Shapeshifter
  5. BG2 Romantic Encounters & Coran for BG2.  Don't install the Coran component from BG2 Romantic Encouters if you are using the Coran for BG2 mod.
  6. Lord Miraboo's Imoen Romance is quite a rewrite of Imoen's character.  Some love it, others hate it.  You have been warned.
  7. I believe that Keeping Yoshimo is incompatible with Yoshimo's Remorse and Yoshimo's Friendship.  My understanding is that Remorse, Friendship, and Romance are all compatible, but Keeping isn't with any of the others.  YMMV.
  8. Yvette Romance may have some bugs with the script compilation during install.  I'm going to see if it installs properly for me.
  9. Chloe had a reputation for being one of the most "author insert overpowered characters" until Sandrah took the tiara.  The character's stats were created using the 3.0 system, so end up resulting in a quite overpowered character in the 2nd edition that BG2 uses.  You have been warned.
  10. Solaufein (Weimer) and Solaufein's Rescue (Jastey) are both NPC mods for our favourite drow fighter.  Only one of these should be used.  Solaufein's Rescue is currently only translated to English for his escape quest, the rest of the translation is still being worked on.
  11. You have a bunch of questpacks installed after NPC mods (row 205 onwards).  General convention is to install these first.  I know that the Suna Seni component in Unfinished Business should be installed before Corthala Romantique.
7 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

Dungeon Be Gone and Skip Chateau Irenicus both do the same thing.  I'd choose one or the other.

Both mods offer to skip Chateau Irenicus, yes, but the mods do not the same: Dbg is more of a joke mod with tendencies to immersion breaking, whereas Skip CI is well integrated and offers the possibility to skip all or play parts of CI. I would recommend Skip Chateau Irenicus if you prefer the better ingame explanation and good game immersion for the shortcut.

6 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

Solaufein (Weimer) and Solaufein's Rescue (Jastey) are both NPC mods for our favourite drow fighter.  Only one of these should be used.  Solaufein's Rescue is currently only translated to English for his escape quest, the rest of the translation is still being worked on.

If you prefer Weimer's Solaufein as a companion but are curious to play the actual Solaufein's Rescue quest from my mod that is possible. The mods are compatible for this if you consider the hints in the readme.

I strongly disagree that the Imoen "Romance" (a misnomer really, in its current state) makes any extreme changes to her character. It certainly used to, but I have a feeling that this is one of those mod rumours that stick around, but are based on an older version of the mod. The current one is perfectly enjoyable without engaging in the whole notion of sexual attraction (which admittedly only works for very few characters, although it somewhat fits the themes of the game), offering a touching friendship/sisterhood path, character quests and, most importantly, fixing the plothole of Imoen not being treated as a proper Bhaalspawn in ToB.

21 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

Tenya Thermidor apparently has some balance issues, so your mileage may vary for if she fits in the game or not.

It's actually not that bad.  The bowl is kind of OP, but you usually don't get it until fairly late in the game.  Probably it should be have 1-3 charges and then disappear, instead of being used each day.  That would make it a special gift of the goddess, something you could use in the final fight, etc., but not allow it to trivialize the rest of the game.

15 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

Fishing for Trouble is currently bugged. 1. 2. 3.

I'm taking a look at the files for the potions now.  It's a bit difficult because I'm not sure what they are supposed to be doing.  In the EEs at least, this sort of thing should be relatively simply: have potion 1 cast a spell that sets the requisite conditions to pass those traps; and have potion 2 use opcode 321 to cancel the spell and return you to normal.  If anyone ( @AL|EN? ) has any experience with or knowledge of the mod and can help guide me, I could quite easily make an EE(T)-specific hotfix mod, if that is called for.

The other things don't strike me as very problematic.  The door has always been hard to find, but that is just questionable design, not a bug,  In the EEs you can highlight all doors with the touch of a button, so in EET games like the on in this thread, it should be trivial.  Failing to bring Edwin in to talk to the fiend is very much an edge case, which most users won't notice if they don't make a habit of leaving their party behind when going through doors, like the linked poster.  And killing the fiend and circumventing the quest... well, that seems like it should prevent you from continuing on the quest line.  That's just player choice.

50 minutes ago, Isewein said:

I strongly disagree that the Imoen "Romance" (a misnomer really, in its current state) makes any extreme changes to her character. It certainly used to, but I have a feeling that this is one of those mod rumours that stick around, but are based on an older version of the mod. The current one is perfectly enjoyable without engaging in the whole notion of sexual attraction (which admittedly only works for very few characters, although it somewhat fits the themes of the game), offering a touching friendship/sisterhood path, character quests and, most importantly, fixing the plothole of Imoen not being treated as a proper Bhaalspawn in ToB.

The (increasingly inaccurate?) name of the mod might be the biggest issue with getting people to understand that...

If the Imoen Romance has been rewritten to better fit with the character in the BG games, I will have to check it out.  Recall that I am working with a circa 2007 knowledge for a lot of these mods that I haven't dug into recently and I recall the old Imoen Romance having some pretty objectionable stuff so I didn't even look this time around.

How compatible is the Imoen Romance with Imoen Friendship technically and conceptually/stylistically?

Edit: Further research indicates that the Imoen Romance makes her more moody to reflect her experiences in BG2, while the Imoen Friendship is generally more upbeat and playful, reminiscent of BG1 Imoen.

Edited by Caedwyr

I see that you have the Almateria Restoration Project on your list.  Are you using the patch posted here? I see you have a note regarding install order as noted by @Cahir in this post.  I also recall a post on a possible incompatibility between ARP and BG1 NPC, but I can't find it right now.

Edited by Caedwyr
On 5/4/2020 at 2:36 AM, 4udr4n said:

Thanks!

Can you confirm that you have the same results for any of the mods you have also installed?

I don't have Divine Remix anymore, so @CamDawg can stand down! That said, any input is welcome.

Was Divine Remix removed because of compatibility issues and getting the kits to work nicely with @subtledoctor's Faiths & Powers?

I notice that you still have Song & Silence on your list.  Have you been able to get that one working, or has it been trimmed as well?

4 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

I see that you have the Almateria Restoration Project on your list.  Are you using the patch posted here? I see you have a note regarding install order as noted by @Cahir in this post.  I also recall a post on a possible incompatibility between ARP and BG1 NPC, but I can't find it right now.

I didn't use this patch and honestly even if I switched order like described in that SHS post I still have install warning on Restored Random Encounters component. I ended up removing it from install order. I'm not clear if this patch supposed to fix this issue or is it only relevant for Russian version?