Text errors and suggestions

hook71

2 hours ago, jastey said:

Well, the French ones too, apparently. And Viconia's response is as if the PC said "Hell yeah let's f*". 🤷‍♀️

I do confirm this.

The original French translation from ~2000.

@27512 = ~Je ne pourrais rien rêver de plus alléchant.~

Deepl translation: "I couldn't dream of anything more enticing"

IWDEE can't decide on whether 'outer planar' is hyphenated or not. I noticed this when Three White Doves uses both in its description:

• Not hyphenated: Debian's Rod of Smiting (21491), Solemn Duty (40018), destruction message from Three White Doves (40195)
  • Hyphenated: Star Metal Cudgel (24254)
  • Both: Three White Doves (21625), Gate (hyphenated in 35839, 36832; not hyphenated in 14315, 17352, but the latter two are unused)
  • One word: none

A similar issue with 'extra planar'

• Hyphenated: History of the North (7319, 13177)
  • One word: all of the cure/cause wounds (3807, 7469, 7533, 7896, 7954, 8788, 11185, 11194, 11202, 12323, 12325, 18613, 18729, 21478, 25920, 35853, 35958, 35972, 35982, 36190, 36295, 36327, 36345, 36366, 36397, 36402, 40254), Beltyn's Burning Blood (6513), paladin class and blackguard kit descriptions (37128, 37145), unused axe of hurling (39523), Favor of Ilmater (40772)
  • Not hyphenated: none

There's one instance of "inter-planar" in the description of the Tome of Clear Thought.

The monk description states:

– Starts with an Armor Class of 9 at 1st level and gains an additional +1 bonus every 2 levels.

It's every two levels until level 18 (AC0), then every three levels until level 30 (AC -4), and then every five levels to the end of their ability table (level 40, AC -6).

The two monk kits share this progression, though it's not explicitly mentioned in the kit descriptions. There is one small difference: their ability tables extend to level 50, but AC stops improving at level 40/AC -6 like the main class.

Hi,

I commited an another batch of string fixes. Somehow, I was unable to update de html docs without messing the encoding, so I let you that part.

Tell me if I'm wrong on anything. I'll fix it. :)

https://github.com/Gibberlings3/EE_Fixpack/pull/54

BG2EE

According to all online drow dictionary/translator i've found, it should be "a dobluth", not "an obluth".

@25308 = ~And my sister's suitor, Gomph, was prodigiously endowed but bowlegged. A dobluth... an outcast. She must have heard us in bedchambers and couldn't help herself.~

Double space in the middle of the sentence.

@28025 = ~Tell me next time, then, if you intend to tune me out, and I shall be sure to include colorful drawings and cartoonish dances to keep your infantile mind interested.~

It should be "Ma Jansen", not "Ma Jensen".

@48516 = ~Ah, yes, the old puzzle-box trick. Ma Jansen used to hide the keys to the breadbox the same way, not that it ever stopped us. "Jan," she used to say, "one of these days, you're going to have one too many sweetbreads!" I never did, although my cousin Arfie once did that day he exploded. Sad story, that.~

It should be "could elicit a response", not "could illicit a response".

@48747 = ~Not interested in her, or not interested in women? I do so wonder, ranger, if even my charms could elicit a response on behalf of females everywhere...~

BG1EE

It should be "Ajantis Ilvastarr", not "Ajantis Ilvarstarr". (Credit to Lefreut)

@46138 = ~This is a bloody business we're in, Ajantis Ilvastarr. Sometimes, we must do things we would find... distasteful... to ensure a venture's success.~

It should be "4 vs. crushing", not "-4 vs. crushing".

@51969 = ~The sturdy craftsmanship of the drow allows them to design many beautiful yet utilitarian goods. Among these is drow chain mail, which is so finely wrought that it can be worn under normal clothing without revealing its presence. This and its lightness allows it to be worn by Thieves and Fighter/Mages with few restrictions.

This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if exposed to sunlight.

STATISTICS:

Equipped abilities:

– Open Locks: -5%

– Find Traps: -5%

– Pick Pockets: -20%

– Move Silently: -10%

– Spellcasting is not disabled

Armor Class: 0 (4 vs. crushing)

Requires:

5 Strength

Weight: 12~

Edited by Jazira

Some feedback text here, as referenced in ENGINEST.2DA (STRRREF_GUI_ATTACK_TEXT_RESISTED and STRREF_GUI_ATTACK_TEXT_VULNERABLE). The English version is good, but a conversation over at Beamdog alerted me to what looks like an error in the Polish version.

Here are the English versions:

BGEE string 1254 (English): Takes <AMOUNT> <TYPE> damage from <DAMAGER> (<RESISTED> damage resisted)

BGEE string 1255 (English): Takes <AMOUNT> <TYPE> damage from <DAMAGER> (<RESISTED> damage bonus)

And, reconstructed from a screenshot, the Polish version of the latter:

BGEE string 1255 (Polish): <DAMAGER> zadaje obrażen: <AMOUNT> <TYPE> (odparto obrażen: <RESISTED>)

Google Translate informs me that "odparto obrażen" translates to "the injuries were repelled", which seems to match "damage resisted". And that's not what this string should be saying. Any Polish speakers around who want to offer a correction? (And also check the other games; this is string 1255 in BGEE and BG2EE, but I don't know if that's different outside the BG series or if there's even a problem there.)

Edited by jmerry

Hey there,

Here's another batch of strings fixes:

BG1EE:

It should be "Shandalar", not "Shandelar".

@4783  = ~[HELSHARA 2] Only a fool would goad a daughter of Shandalar so!~ [HELSH02]

The audio file associated should be "[SURGN03]", not "[STORE05]".

@12433 = ~[THE SURGEON 3]~ [SURGN03]

The audio file associated should be "[SURGN04]", not "[STORE06]".

@12434 = ~[THE SURGEON 4]~ [SURGN04]

BG2EE:

It should be "southeast", not "south".

@11195  = ~Take them to the Fairy Queen who lives in the southeast end of the Windspear Hills. This will be our deliverance from this... this Irenicus and his dungeon!~

@11354  = ~Thank you! You must take the acorns and deliver them to the Fairy Queen in the southeast end of the Windspear Hills.~

@11381  = ~If you take the acorns to the Fairy Queen, then she can regrow our trees and free us! She lives in the southeast end of the Windspear Hills! Will you do this for us?~

It should be "Soldier", not "Soldiers".

@11488  = ~Tombelthen Soldier~

It should be "Soldier", not "Soldiers".

@11489  = ~Tombelthen Soldier~

Not used IG, but at least it will be synchronized with BG1EE. The audio file associated should be "[SURGN03]", not "[STORE05]".

@12433 = ~[THE SURGEON 3]~ [SURGN03]

Not used IG, but at least it will be synchronized with BG1EE. The audio file associated should be "[SURGN04]", not "[STORE06]".

@12434 = ~[THE SURGEON 4]~ [SURGN04]

It should be "who lives in the southeast end of the Windspear Hills", not "who lives northeast of the human settlement called Trademeet".

@17759  = ~You have done a noble thing for us. Please take these acorns to the Fairy Queen who lives in the southeast end of the Windspear Hills, just northeast of the human settlement called Trademeet.~

@17774  = ~You have done a noble thing for us. Please take these acorns to the Fairy Queen who lives in the southeast end of the Windspear Hills.~

@17788  = ~You have done a noble thing for us. Please take these acorns to the Fairy Queen who lives in the southeast end of the Windspear Hills.~

It should be "duergar", not "dwarf". Since he's never been called so that way.

@34092  = ~Helping Irenicus's captive dryads

I have agreed to help a trio of dryads return their acorns to the Fairy Queen. Somewhere in the dungeon is a duergar by the name of Ilyich who has the acorns.~

Feel free to criticize, since English isn't my native language. I'll edit the commit if needed, no problem.

An inconsistency in spell names (English):

The name of SPWI403 is #25700 "Fireshield (Blue)" in BGEE and #12061 "Fire Shield (Blue)" in BG2EE. Its description is #25701 in BGEE and #25879 in BG2EE, and spells the name as "Fireshield (Blue)" in both games. The name of its scroll is #30196 in BGEE and #13070 in BG2EE, spelled "Fireshield (Blue)" in both games. The portrait icon is #25059 in BGEE and #8279 in BG2EE, spelled "Fire Shield Blue" in both games.

The name of SPWI418 is #26326 "Fireshield (Red)" in BGEE and #25880 "Fire Shield (Red)" in BG2EE. Its description is #26327 in BGEE and #25881 in BG2EE ,and spells the name as "Fireshield (Red)" in both games.The name of its scroll is #30224 in BGEE and #5018 in BG2EE, spelled "Fireshield (Red)" in both games. The portrait icon is #25058 in BGEE and #8277 in BG2EE, spelled "Fire Shield Red" in both games.

They're the same spells between the two games. They should have the same names. Since the descriptions and scroll names agree across the games that "Fireshield" is one word, that should probably be what we standardize on. The portrait icon names (entries #68 and #69 in STATDESC.2DA) should be updated in both games.

The spell name strings are referenced in a few places other than the names of these specific spells, most notably in tooltip.2DA for both BGEE with SoD (Echo of the Fiend +3) and for BG2EE (Staff of Fire +2).

Other strings containing "Fireshield" or "Fire Shield":

- BGEE #12061 "Fire Shield", #13000 "Fire Shield", #13070 "Fire Shield", #26514 (description of Breach, contains "Fireshield" in the list of spells it can dispel), #27597 (description of "Tarloc's Contingency +1" shield, contains "Fireshield (Blue)" in abilities description), #30197 (scroll description for "Fireshield (Blue)"), #30225 (scroll description for "Fireshield (Red)"), #30237 (scroll description for Breach), #31984 (description of Sun Soul Monk, contains "that act as a Fireshield (Red)" in ability description), #32223 (description for Greater Sun, contains "that act as a Fireshield (Red)", #61648 (description of "Echo of the Fiend +3", contains "Fireshield (Red)" in the abilities list), #61811 (description of "Dervish Crescent +2", contains "Fireshield (Red)" in abilities description)

- BG2EE #8493 (description of Keldorn's sword, contains "a special Fireshield" in the descriptive text) #13000 Fire Shield, #25915 (description of Breach, contains "Fireshield" in the list of spells it can dispel), #39633 (description of "Staff of Fire", contains both "can erupt in a Fire Shield" in the descriptive text and "Fireshield (Red)" in the abilities list), #40243 "Spell Sequencer—Fireshield Red", #43047 "Spell Trigger—Fire Shield Red", #72784 "Imix Fire Shield", #74310 (description of Sun Soul Monk, contains "that act as a Fireshield (Red)" in ability description), #100351 (description for Greater Sun, contains "that act as a Fireshield (Red)". 

Most of the other strings already agree on the one-word spelling or are unused. BG2EE string #43047 could use the update, though; that string gets used in some mage scripts. And the description for the Staff of Fire has that mismatch between the descriptive text and the abilities list.

Edited by jmerry
4 minutes ago, Morgoth said:

In the Nashkel carnival, there is an encounter where you meet a bloodlusted mage named Zordral that plans to kill a witch near him. 

In the answers, even if you are alone, <charname> uses "we", rather than "I".

https://imgur.com/a/9zcD4Ym

This is not a text error per se, if the dialogue does not have different reply options depending on the presence of party members.