Mod Compatibility List for EET

4 hours ago, Endarire said:

I checked the G3 news section and Spellhold Studios GitHub for entries not already on the list that claimed EET compatibility.

You didn' find bg1ub there I am sure. It's a PPG mod and I made the last updates. I agree there were traces of EET mentioned in the readme although I tried to remove them.

How about you edit your above post and remove the mod links that are not EET compatible.

I've reviewed mods mentioned by Endarire and can confirm all of them, sans BG1UB and ToB-Tourist, have EET native support.

mods added to native EET compatibility section:
- Adventures in Papperland
- Baldur's Gate 1 NPCs in Shadows of Amn
- Bolsa Merchant
- Darron the BG2 Thief Guild Vendor
- Demon Summoning Ritual
- D's Odd Quest Mod
- Heart of the Wood (Item)
- Heroes, Thieves, and Moneylenders
- Hubelpot the Vegetable Merchant
- Improved Haer'Dalis Swords
- Jan's Alchemy
- Jini Romance
- Keyring: A Mod for the Orderly
- Kit Le Rôdeur de l'ombre (Shadow Ranger)
- Lore from Learning
- Luxley Family
- Quayle BG2
- Ratatoskr and BCaesar's Multi-Mod: All Things Mazzy, Clara (Human Hexxat) NPC, Darkside Anomen, and more
- Red Dragon Summoning
- Rjali NPC Mod
- Ruad Ro'fhessa Item Upgrade Mod
- Saradas Magic II
- Shuri Ninja Kit
- SoD to Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Item Upgrade
- Stuff of the Magi
- The Jerry Zinger Show
- The Longer Road
- The Slithering Menace
- Under-Represented Items
- Valerie NPC for Baldur's Gate I
- Weasels!
- Wilson Chronicles

mods removed from BG:EE compatibility section:
- Valerie NPC for Baldur's Gate I (has native support)

• "Garrick: Tales of a troubadour v1.24 or above" is listed as requiring to be installed on BG1:EE before EET - however, this mod requires that BG1NPC be installed before it, and BG1NPC must be installed after EET - I think this makes it impossible to install?

On 6/23/2021 at 12:14 PM, jastey said:

I fear removing the possibility to port some of the BG1 mods from an BG:EE install was too soon. For example, there is one component in bgqe that needs to be installed before bg1npc. bg1npc might need to be installed onto BG:EE because of GTotT etc. On top of that is install orders of some mods which might make it necessary for other questmods also being installed to BG:EE (before bg1npc) although I'd need to check for examples.

True, should have consulted it first, sorry. Looks like Garrick: Tales of a troubadour is the most glaring example of these install order problems, from the remaining 18 mods installable on BG:EE. As mentioned I'm planning to work on native patches for those mods. Already finished one for GTotT v1.26 and sent email to mirandir with request for its internalization (of course also offering support for these changes in case EET players will notice some problem). Updated tp2 file is attached to this post, in case someone would like to test it now.

Keep in mind that the patch is unofficial. If author won't be interested in its official internalization this file will be removed from here.

garrick-tt.zip

Edited by K4thos
11 hours ago, K4thos said:

I've reviewed mods mentioned by Endarire and can confirm all of them, sans BG1UB and ToB-Tourist, have EET native support.

True, should have consulted it first, sorry. Looks like Garrick: Tales of a troubadour is the most glaring example of these install order problems, from the remaining 18 mods installable on BG:EE. As mentioned I'm planning to work on native patches for those mods. Already finished one for GTotT v1.26 and sent email to mirandir with request for its internalization (of course also offering support for these changes in case EET players will notice some problem). Updated tp2 file is attached to this post, in case someone would like to test it now.

Keep in mind that the patch is unofficial. If author won't be interested in its official internalization this file will be removed from here.

garrick-tt.zip 116.18 kB · 3 downloads

I know the author is not very active, but I can ask him to include your patch in his official release.

Edited by Gwendolyne

As I've noticed when contacting mod authors about supporting their old mods, the responses I've gotten have been silence or, in effect, "Why are you asking me about my old work?  Go ahead!"

Jastey would seemingly approve of all these mods being updated to EET by third parties for the sake of compatibility and community.  All original authors are given credit and the ability to opt out.

As Saradas mentioned in the link below, he gave his permission for people in general to do these maintenance tweaks.  Enjoy!

@Gwendolyne Neera Expansion's GitHub notes have TODO on making the mod EET compatible.  I assume formal EET compatibility is coming soon.

@K4thos How are you handling DLC Merger since that's meant to be installed first regardless of EET?

Thankee!

Edited by Endarire
On 6/28/2021 at 1:51 PM, Gwendolyne said:

I know the author is not very active, but I can ask him to include your patch in his official release.

That would be appreciated, thanks!

On 6/28/2021 at 4:53 PM, CamDawg said:

Well, we can go ahead and add Garrick's Infatuation to the 'full EET support' list as of Beta 4.

Apologies, as I thought I had already gotten all G3 stuff up to speed.

List updated, thanks!

On 6/28/2021 at 8:30 PM, Endarire said:

As I've noticed when contacting mod authors about supporting their old mods, the responses I've gotten have been silence or, in effect, "Why are you asking me about my old work?  Go ahead!"

The problem is not only with author not minding it but having these changes officially integrated. I'm not interested in providing alternative versions and download locations for mods that were unofficially updated since that equals becoming new maintainer for updated mods (while I'm ready to provide bug fixing support for changes I've made until enough players finish the mod on EET without problems, it's not the same thing as becoming mod maintainer going forward).

@Gwendolyne Neera Expansion's GitHub notes have TODO on making the mod EET compatible.  I assume formal EET compatibility is coming soon.

@Gwendolyne, I've pushed compatibility patch for it directly on github. https://github.com/SpellholdStudios/Neera_Expansion/pulls

@K4thos How are you handling DLC Merger since that's meant to be installed first regardless of EET?

as mentioned in readme file:

NOTE: If you use Steam or GOG version of Siege of Dragonspear, first you need to install Argent77 DLCMerger mod in your "BG:EE + SoD" directory to allow proper installation of any other mod. It only affects Steam and GoG platforms - you don't need to use it if you bought the game on Beamdog store.

Edited by K4thos