Progress

K4thos

@Endarire I don't think this is the cause of no new information about IWD-in-EET. I'd say there are three potential explanations:

1. @K4thos lost interest in deweloping the mod (his long-term activity in developing Ikemen-Go port) may suggest that he found a more interesting project to work on.

2. He is silently developing the mod outside of Github, but he is still not ready to show us the result.

3. He is waiting for Beamdog to release a (final?) 2.6 patch, to avoid doing large updates in the future. 

I hope for 2 or 3, but I fear for the 1.

At this point I’d be much more interested in discrete adventures - add the IWD main quest and HoW to the BG games in precisely the same way Argent77 added TotLM. Put Hjolder in the Druid Grove after Faldorn’s defeat, and let him Wnd Walk me to the North! IWD, HoW, and TotLM can all be separate adventures, no need for them to hang together as one massive campaign. (For that, we can already just play IWDEE.) 

Alas, I’ve glanced at the TotLM-in-BG2EE code, and I can’t make heads or tails of it. 

As for this project, it kind of seems like it got lost in the attempt to convert to a 3E ruleset for IWD2 inclusion. And even there, we also have the separate “IWD2EE” project, so this again seems redundant... :(

Edited by subtledoctor

@argent77  put out TotLM-in-BG2EE in the space of what seemed like a short time. (Unless it was worked on for longer than I realized.) Why? I'll guess it has to do with the lack of scope creep, as you say. Maybe following in those footsteps is a reasonable plan? If I just had a basic step-by-step framework for how that one was done, I could wrap my head around what kind of project it would be to port over the other two IWD adventures. (Probably start with just HoW, since it really is a self-contained thing.) But as of right now, I have no idea.

Guest Big IWD-in-EET lurker
On 3/5/2021 at 4:35 AM, subtledoctor said:

As for this project, it kind of seems like it got lost in the attempt to convert to a 3E ruleset for IWD2 inclusion. And even there, we also have the separate “IWD2EE” project, so this again seems redundant... :(

Maybe when the IWD2ee is closer to release (yea whenever that may be....) IWD-in-EET becomes a thing again... meh wishful thinking. Wish K4thos would drop by with just a small update even it there isn't really one. I understand moving on from projects, but it's nice to let people know, I guess