Forum Software Updates and Questions

2 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

What I dislike about this forum is that you have the ignore button, but you can't read which users have ignored who. I'm really curious to understand which person was so unbearable to be ignored. :)

It's nobody's business but the person who added them to ignore, default_no.gif. I have nine posters on my ignore list, and I'd say that only one of them doesn't deserve it, but they're on it because their very particular writing style is so irritating to me that it's better that I just don't see their posts unless I have to.

Guest Morgoth

I don't know how the ignore function works here (does it hide posts but you can still read them? Does it simply hide them without any possibility to read? Is every reference to the user removed in messages?), but If I knew you didn't want to read my post, I wouldn't post in your topics, so it would be less wasted time for me (the writer) and for you (that hate my post). That's why according to me it should be known who you are ignoring. 

6 minutes ago, Guest Morgoth said:

By the way, I think I would put on ignore only one person in this forum. 9 is a lot 😛

It's been a many year process. I think about 4 or 5 of them are either inactive or at least no longer posting. On another forum I frequent using this same forum software, the list is over 50, so you know, it's pretty good over here. I believe I just mentioned on the last page that I don't have the patience to deal with morons on a regular basis, :p.

9 minutes ago, Guest Morgoth said:

I don't know how the ignore function works here (does it hide posts but you can still read them? Does it simply hide them without any possibility to read? Is every reference to the user removed in messages?), but If I knew you didn't want to read my post, I wouldn't post in your topics, so it would be less wasted time for me (the writer) and for you (that hate my post). That's why according to me it should be known who you are ignoring. 

It reduces one's posts to a button that says "you have this person on ignore - view post anyway?" which you can click to then view. Funnily, the one place that I'll almost always view posts of people I've ignored is my own threads, because they may have something specifically relevant to me that I need to read, whereas in other places, that's much less likely to be the case.

On 7/5/2022 at 11:03 AM, Bartimaeus said:

It's nobody's business but the person who added them to ignore, default_no.gif. I have nine posters on my ignore list, and I'd say that only one of them doesn't deserve it, but they're on it because their very particular writing style is so irritating to me that it's better that I just don't see their posts unless I have to.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 11/29/2023 at 10:44 PM, CamDawg said:

We recently added a password-protected forum for testing of The Crucible. I'm looking into ways to exclude it from the activity feed if you don't have the password.

password is "Improved Anvil" in case somebody doesn't know already.