7 minutes ago, Ser Elryk said:

impression from some of jastey's posts that there was just some beef, or a personality conflict between just them and Roxanne

I apologize for phrasing badly then, I guess. Putting my personal disappointment in the front row when talking about Roxanne's scheme was not my intention.

9 minutes ago, Ser Elryk said:

I hope there will still be a stable way for us dummies to handle our mega-mod installations

@AL|EN is working on something. :)

7 minutes ago, jastey said:

@AL|EN is working on something. :)

Good to know, thanks. 

Shall I assume that, for the time being, EET Setup Tool is the most reliable and stable install tool available right now? (Putting aside the issue of potential mod changes by Roxanne)

I hopped over to the BWS forum on Beamdog and there seemed to be plenty of issues being reported (though that could just be all the squeaky wheels experiencing problems that many of us would not).

Sheesh, I sound like Edwin o.o (You only wish you sounded like me, you insignificant dust mite!)

:D 

Additionally, I just saw that the Amber NPC mod was updated to v5 on G3 about a day ago, adding native EET support and other bugfixes. On Roxanne's site, she has a version of Amber she updated to include her own crafted ToB content for Amber (which, honestly, I appreciated). Now, however, there are two different "current" versions of Amber in the wild.  Messy, messy.

I've received information that Roxanne has permission for the Amber ToB content from original authors, so despite 2 different versions with conflicting numbering being available now, both seems to be ok from ethical point of view.

11 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Yey. And that had nothing to do with Roxanne. Besides, the EE support could very well be taken from the Roxanne's original notes/code.

EE support was added in v3, published back in 2013. Adding EET support from there is simple--pop in K4thos' chapter library and replace any chapter global checks with variables and you're good to go.

I found this text on Roxanne's website on the support page for the Install Tool.  It may offer an explanation for the dropbox links that is more benign:

"Spellhold and Gibberlings 3 mod hosting is often down and on such events they stay down for some significant time periods. To compensate for such failures, Install Tool has been adapted to download many missing mods from backup sources. In order to avoid confusion or inconsistencies with the official download links for the mods, no links of workarounds are published. Any backup sources are kept inside the install tool."

48 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

I found this text on Roxanne's website on the support page for the Install Tool.  It may offer an explanation for the dropbox links that is more benign:

"Spellhold and Gibberlings 3 mod hosting is often down and on such events they stay down for some significant time periods. To compensate for such failures, Install Tool has been adapted to download many missing mods from backup sources. In order to avoid confusion or inconsistencies with the official download links for the mods, no links of workarounds are published. Any backup sources are kept inside the install tool."

Ascalon's Questpack that I mentioned above has a home on GitHub (and Kerzenburgforum, for what it's worth, downtimes max. 2 days a year), so putting up a dropbox version because SHS and G3 had downtimes is... not such a good explanation.

7 hours ago, Lightbringer said:

It's worth noting that it checks these Dropbox links as primary links--they are not backups. Despite her numerous posts that the tool will be pointed back to the official mirrors as soon as the sites are back up, many G3 downloads still point to Dropbox links despite the fact that we've been back online for a month.

Note, for example, that she took the time to update a ton of G3 links in this commit two days ago; there are a whole series of these worth checking. However, she didn't bother to change the download link from a Dropbox to the official, despite it being a small text edit. (Also worth noting: it uses G3's project page for Haldamir, then downloads Roxanne's unauthorized version.)

On 1/31/2019 at 4:00 AM, K4thos said:

I've received information that Roxanne has permission for the Amber ToB content from original authors, so despite 2 different versions with conflicting numbering being available now, both seems to be ok from ethical point of view.

What do you know, turns out she's just bullshitting again.

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/14002-tob-news/?do=findComment&comment=267219