I found this text on Roxanne's website on the support page for the Install Tool.  It may offer an explanation for the dropbox links that is more benign:

"Spellhold and Gibberlings 3 mod hosting is often down and on such events they stay down for some significant time periods. To compensate for such failures, Install Tool has been adapted to download many missing mods from backup sources. In order to avoid confusion or inconsistencies with the official download links for the mods, no links of workarounds are published. Any backup sources are kept inside the install tool."

48 minutes ago, Lightbringer said:

I found this text on Roxanne's website on the support page for the Install Tool.  It may offer an explanation for the dropbox links that is more benign:

"Spellhold and Gibberlings 3 mod hosting is often down and on such events they stay down for some significant time periods. To compensate for such failures, Install Tool has been adapted to download many missing mods from backup sources. In order to avoid confusion or inconsistencies with the official download links for the mods, no links of workarounds are published. Any backup sources are kept inside the install tool."

Ascalon's Questpack that I mentioned above has a home on GitHub (and Kerzenburgforum, for what it's worth, downtimes max. 2 days a year), so putting up a dropbox version because SHS and G3 had downtimes is... not such a good explanation.

7 hours ago, Lightbringer said:

It's worth noting that it checks these Dropbox links as primary links--they are not backups. Despite her numerous posts that the tool will be pointed back to the official mirrors as soon as the sites are back up, many G3 downloads still point to Dropbox links despite the fact that we've been back online for a month.

Note, for example, that she took the time to update a ton of G3 links in this commit two days ago; there are a whole series of these worth checking. However, she didn't bother to change the download link from a Dropbox to the official, despite it being a small text edit. (Also worth noting: it uses G3's project page for Haldamir, then downloads Roxanne's unauthorized version.)

On 1/31/2019 at 4:00 AM, K4thos said:

I've received information that Roxanne has permission for the Amber ToB content from original authors, so despite 2 different versions with conflicting numbering being available now, both seems to be ok from ethical point of view.

What do you know, turns out she's just bullshitting again.

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/14002-tob-news/?do=findComment&comment=267219

Personally I'm in full vote if we can get away from Roxanne's version of EET, it just seems to me there is too many issues involving him/her. I wouldn't think this would be too much of a issue to just simply trim away Non-EET content.

Would K4thos, Alien or anyone be able to create another EET that only has exclusive EET mods? I'm getting kind of tired of the drama surrounding this person, and it really needs to end at some point.

If Roxanne is not going to be trusthworthy no matter what then he/she needs to be cut loose completely.

@AL|EN

Oh I forgot about his project! When will we expect this version for EET?

Edited by Kaliesto

Oh I see what you're saying I think, basically I can either use this EE-Version or BWS version, and convert my choices over to PI? Hmm, seems easy enough. I've read there is no automatic Mod Compatibility conflict/dependencies yet from what I've read on BeamDog Forums or did I misunderstand that?

Edited by Kaliesto
Guest cleverest

Hey Everyone, thanks for providing these forums...I'm having a heck of time with my first attempt at this, using the EET tool, working with the Enhanced BG, and Enhanced BG II...doing a minimal mod install, just the basic stuff, it finds the downloads when I click to test links...but when proceeding, it stops and tells me to launch game and SAVE GAME...I've done this and when I continue by clicking to do so, EET closes...

Is there a comprehensive walkthrough for this process that still works? The ones I've seen seem to be really out of date. 😞

Guest SB81848889

First off thank you all for your time and efforts keeping these games fun and exciting year after year, I am not a fan of Beamdog but have been forced to use the EE versions of these games for some time. My question is when I use this EE install tool now every time my game seems corrupted with 5 or 6 digit numbers in front of every text or item and on every map and menu.

Also no matter which mods I pick from the results are the same.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.