G3 did not create any of this content; credit for that goes to Polar Bear, Drizzt1180, and Creslyn. Should you find any bugs or problems with any of the components, I will be happy to hunt them down and fix them. If you have a suggestion for improving the mod, or to report bugs, please visit the forums. The complete readme is also available.
This mod will work on Baldur's Gate II, with or without the Throne of Bhaal expansion; the Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, and Icewind Dale; and the conversion projects Tutu, Baldur's Gate Trilogy, and Enhanced Edition Trilogy.
Due to hard-coded limitations of the Infinity Engine, only a limited number of kits can be installed for each class. The Darkest Day mod fills all available slots and as such the kit components of this mod will be incompatible. On non-EE games, it is unlikely but possible that the Arcane Fist, Sylvan Mystic, and Archer of Sylvanus kits may cause some compatibility problems with mods that alter the Undead Hunter, Cleric of Talos, or Cleric of Helm kits due to some usability hacks that were implemented for the item restrictions. It is recommended that the kits be installed after other item and kit mods but before tweak mods.
The installation of the Archer of Sylvanus kit will allow all druids to use bows and crossbows; similarly the Arcane Fist kit will allow bards to wear mage robes. These are design compromises necessitated to try and get the kits closer to the original author's idea.
Sylvan Mystic Elf/Half-Elf Ranger Kit, by Polar Bear
SYLVAN MYSTIC: The Sylvan Mystics are an ancient order of Elven and Half-Elven Rangers in Faerun. They specialize in hunting evil mages and mind flayers, and as such they must attune their mind in addition to their body.
- Dispel Magic
- True Sight
- Chaotic Commands at level 9
- Iron Skin at level 9
- Aura of Flaming Death at level 21
- Summon Deva at level 23
- +1 Armor Class
- +1 Damage and THAC0
- -1 Weapon Speed every 5 levels
- Strength (-5) and Constitution (-4) Penalty
- Cannot Charm Animals
- Can only use bows and bladed weapons
- Can not wear armor heavier than chain mail
- Half-Elf or Elf kit only
- Can only be lawful or neutral good
Blade Master Human Fighter Kit, by Drizzt1180
BLADE MASTER: The Blade Master uses one-handed bladed weapons, but he can do many things with them that the regular fighter cannot. He gains many special abilities using his blades, but he can only wear very light armor. Only one innate ability may be active at any given moment.
- +2 to dexterity
- +10% to slashing and piercing resistance
- Gains Precision Strike ability at levels 4, 7 and 22. Grants a +3 THAC0 bonus for three rounds, does 1d10 damage to target, and has a 25% chance to stun target.
- Gains Parry ability at levels 7, 10 and 22. Parry grants virtual immunity to physical attacks for two rounds.
- Gains Counter Attack ability at levels 10, 13 and 22. Grants virtual immunity to physical attacks for one round and does 2d10 of damage to attacker.
- Gains Disarm ability at levels 13, 16 and 22. Has a 50% chance to make opponent drop their weapon.
- Gains Feint ability at levels 16, 19 and 22. Feint grants Invisibility and Non-Detection for one round.
- Gains Swift Strike ability at levels 19 and 22. Decreases weapon speed by 2, adds an extra attack, a +5 THAC0 bonus and a -2 Armor Class penalty for two rounds.
- Gains extra one-half attack at levels 11, 15 and 19
- Penalty of -2 to strength
- Can only wear armor up to Studded Leather
- Cannot have proficiency in any non-bladed weapon
Death Knight Human Fighter Kit, by Drizzt1180
DEATH KNIGHT: A Death Knight is created when a fallen paladin dies. This is a very rare occurrence of resurrection. When this happens the newly risen Death Knight will become evil with many evil related abilities. Instead of being half-fighter and half-cleric like a paladin, they become half-fighter and half-necromancer instead. They gain necromancy spells as innate abilities in place of their regular priest spells.
- Gains Larloch's Minor Drain at levels 9 and 14.
- Gains Ghoul Touch at levels 11 and 16.
- Gains Vampiric Touch at levels 13, 16 and 17.
- Gains Animate Dead at level 19.
- Gains Harm Touch ability at level 1. Harm Touch is a direct damage ability and will do 2d10 points of damage +1 point per level up to a maximum of 2d10+20 with a successful to-hit roll.
- Gains Ebony Hand ability at level 10. The spell adds +1 THAC0 plus an additional +1 THAC0 for every three levels of the caster up to a maximum of +7. The spell lasts for 3 rounds plus 1 round/level up to a maximum of 24 rounds.
- Gains Kiss of Torment ability at level 15. With a successful to-hit roll, does 4d6 points of damage and stuns target for four rounds. A successful save will reduce the stun effect to two rounds.
- Gains Heart Blight ability at level 19. Will slay the target unless a save vs. death is made; with a successful save the target is still stunned for three rounds, suffers a -2 Dexterity penalty for ten rounds. Additionally the target must make another save vs. death at -1 or lose 25% of their hit points and yet another save vs. death at -2 or suffer another 18 damage.
- No paladin abilities
- Must be of Evil Alignment
Wushi Ninja Human Thief Kit, by Drizzt1180
WUSHI NINJA: The Wushi Ninja are evolved versions of regular ninjas. This happened a long time ago, when ninjas were greatly exposed to magic. After time they began to gain the ability to cast spells. Like regular ninjas they have the ability to specialize in all weapons that a regular thief can use. They also are stronger than a regular thief, but cannot be as charming. The first Wushi Ninja was Nagura Firo.
- Gains Magic Missile as an innate ability at levels 3, 9, and 18
- Gains Cure Light Wounds ability at levels 4, 10, and 19
- Gains Shocking Grasp ability at levels 5, 11, and 20
- Gains Aganazzar's Scorcher ability at levels 6 and 12
- Gains Mirror Image at levels 7 and 13
- Gains Blur at level 14
- Gains Minor Spell Turning at level 15
- Gains Shadow Door at level 16
- Gains Breach at level 17
- In early levels, THAC0 is lower then a regular thief's progression but matches in later levels.
- Specialization of all thief weapons, including katanas
- +1 to strength
- +1 to Intelligence
- -2 to Charisma
- Can only wear leather or studded leather
- Can only be Human
- Only 20 thieving points to distribute at level-up
Archer of Sylvanus Half-Elven Druidic Kit, by Drizzt1180
Please see the compatibility notes at the top of this document in regards to this kit.
ARCHER OF SYLVANUS: This type of druid is very unique in the way that they primarily use bows for their weapons. The only other melee weapon they can use is a club. These types of druid have the ability to do severe damage to a target. They can summon the spirits of animals, which are used usually in defense, because of their extreme weakness in melee combat. Only Half-Elves can be an Archer of Sylvanus.
- Gains +1 THAC0 with ranged weapons every three levels through level 21
- Summon Spirit Animal twice per day
- Called Shot at levels 4, 9, 14, and 19
- Hide twice per day plus an additional once per day every five levels. Hide is a combination of invisibility and non-detection that lasts for ten rounds
- +15% Slashing, piercing, and crushing resistance
- Can gain mastery in short bows, longbows, and crossbows
- Can only wear up to studded leather
- Can only be proficient with clubs
- Can only use clubs, bows, and crossbows
Arcane Fist Bardic Kit, by Drizzt1180
Please see the compatibility notes at the top of this document in regards to this kit. The only way to make this kit was to compromise and modify a bard kit. Unfortunately, the bard song and pick pocketing bonuses are hard-coded. The thieving button is disabled, though the character record will show pick pocketing ability, and the bard song button is enabled though the bard song has no effect.
ARCANE FIST: The Arcane Fists are an ancient order of wizards in Faerun, and are seldom ever seen. They are not quite the masters of unarmed combat nor are they the masters of the arcane arts, but they become a fearsome foe with the combination of both. They are taught at an early age the skills required for unarmed combat and also learn to wield mystical powers. They are typically loners, only assembling in groups with their own kind, or in times of great danger they will group up with "outsiders". There are three sects of The Arcane Fist: The Order of Light, Bakur's Brotherhood, and Death's Law.
- Fist damage per level:
1 - 3 1d5
4 - 6 1d6
7 - 9 1d7 (Considered +1 to hit)
10 - 12 1d9 (Considered +2 to hit)
13 - 15 1d10
16 - 1d12 (Considered +3 to hit)
- Armor class decreases by 1 per every 3 levels up to level 21
- +1 to save vs. spells
- Gains 1 extra HP maximum per level
- Better THAC0 progression
1 - 3 20
4 - 7 18
8 - 11 16
12 - 15 14
16 - 19 12
20 - 8
- Increase movement rate: +2 at level one and an additional +1 every seven levels
- Two attacks per round at level 12 and three attacks per round at level 20
- Gains Stunning Blow at level 5 and an additional one per day every 5 levels
- Immunity to Disease, Slow, and Haste at level 10
- Immunity to Charm at level 15
- Immunity to Poison at level 18
- Quivering Palm at level 21
- Can not wear armor, except robes
- Can not use shields
- Can not use weapons
- Only can gain spells up to a maximum of spell level 6
- Human kit only
- Can only be of lawful alignments
Item Pack, by Creslyn
Creslyn created a number of items that originally replaced items sold by merchants scattered throughout the game. These items are now dynamically added to the respective stores without overwriting the original items. There are six items:
- Juzam's Crutch, sold in the Lathander Temple
- Joorg's Demise, sold by Joluv in the Copper Coronet
- Ivory Ioun Stone, sold by Diedre in the Adventurer'sMart
- Geirthan's Plate, sold by Diedre in the Adventurer's Mart
- Freedom's Call, sold by Diedre in the Adventurer's Mart
- Gorgon Staff, sold by the Duergar in the Underdark (but only to Drow, hint hint)