The duration of the game time added by this mod is approximately 30 to 60 minutes, depending on playing style.
Note: The "Extension of Bjornin Encounter" is moved to "Romantic Encounters for BG1" where it belongs.
I. Slime Quest
This quest is located in Beregost. If you pass one of the houses in the northwest, a woman dressed in red should approach you. There are some strange things going on in the house of her neighbor, and she wants your help.
II. Family Treasure Quest
This quest is also located in Beregost. If you go into another house in the northwest, you will meet a strange couple. They obviously have a serious problem, but haven't talked to each other for some time now. Although it seems that they aren't interested in talking to you either, it might just be that you can solve the riddle and ease their worries... or betray them and ruin the family completely.
III. Babysitting in Nashkel, including Carnival Encounter
This quest occurs in Nashkel. Did you meet the desperate mother of two little children? She has something important to do, and is in great need of a trustworthy person who will watch over her children while she is away. So, fearless monster fighter, will you be ready for this challenge?
The babysitting is only available for paladin PCs or for non-evil aligned PC's with reputation higher than 12. Evil PCs can bully the mother away, which will lead to a follow-up.
At the Nashkel carnival, you can find Tina. The young woman is another tragic soul in need of some money... or so she says.
IV. Monster in Nashkel
Near the Manor House in Nashkel you can save little Arnim from a monster that's chasing him. He is staying with his parents in the Nashkel Inn. For such a heroic deed, the thankfulness of his parents should be all yours... shouldn't it?
The delivery man who mixed up the egg deliveries will be met later in the game. One of his customers is very, very unhappy about what he got and both will be delighted to see you.
V. Fallen Paladin in Baldur's Gate
In the northern part of the city, in the temple of Helm, an evil fallen paladin is hiding. He slaughtered a little girl without hesitation... at least that's what the angry people in front of the temple are saying.
VI. Undying Love in the Fishing Village
The frightened woman in the left house tells you she is threatened by a monster hiding behind her house. Maybe you should go and take a look?
VII. Lovesick Half-Orc
On the road north of Nashkel, you meet Uguth. He is on his way to Baldur's Gate, to his beloved. Due to his appearance, being clearly descended from orcs, he has to overcome a special hindrance before he can take her into his arms.
VIII. Unexpected Help
In the Candlekeep infirmary, glum Sir Trun seeks healing from his wounds. He was injured badly in a fight, but that doesn't seem to be his actual problem, as Linda, his fiancee who is staying in Candlekeep Inn, can tell you...
This quest is accessible both during the Prologue or after the return to Candlekeep. Note: Since most players finish this quest in the prologue, there are no NPC reactions for this quest.
IX. Many Little Paws
Formerly meant as an Easter Egg quest I figured it makes sense to tell players it's actually there. Make sure you have Minsc in your party when talking to the vendor at the Nashkell Carnival. Everything else will develop from there - promise!
X. Drunk near Beregost Temple
Inform the priests in Beregost Temple about the drunken wannabe Lich outside so they can keep an eye on his safety!
XI. A Warm Place for Noober
Approximately three days after the first Noober contact in Nashkel, your PC will witness an oxymoron: a Noober who cannot talk! Show mercy and find a kind soul ready to take him in and help him to cure his sickness - and also a place where, finally, Noober can put his talkativeness into good use, as well.
XII. Brage's Sword (not for original BG1)
This component gives the player the possibility to prove that Brage fell victim to an intrigue and save him from a death by the gallows - if the PC wants to. There is an evil quest option, of course.
Brage has to be brought to Nashkel alive. The mod also adds the possibility to bring him to Oublek (i.e. the Nashkel authorities) instead of to the temple. This was unfinished original game content. (For this possibility, please note the install order as mentioned above).
The quest about Brage's sword starts when talking to Oublek after bringing Brage to Nashkel alive.
Note: The mod Brage's Redemption inserts the same quest as a prerequirement before Brage can be taken into the party. The quest gets extended by Brage's Redemption mod with additional hints and journal entries. It is recommended that you install Brage's Redemption to see the extra content but it is not required to play the quest. BGQE should be installed before Brage's Redemption.
BGQE should be installed before BG1NPC Project or some of the added reply options to Brage and Borda will be lost.
- The merchant Borda (original game content) plays a role in this quest. Originally, he can be met in the area with the Xvart village. Depending on quest status the PC can confront him here. If he was already met, there will be a second meeting.
- Brage's sword plays a role, as well. It has to be presented to Nalin at some point. After that, it is no longer needed for this mod (and can e.g. be used for Thalantyr's Item Upgrade Mod).
- The quest can be solved completely before clearing the Nashkel mines (or later). For the case that Laryssa, Brage's cousin, was killed upon the first confrontation, the last needed quest clue will be found no sooner than Tazok's tent.
XIII. Legal Seachart Sources (not for original BG1)
This component adds two more possibilities to receive the sea charts for Mendas' trip to Balduran's island. Both ways will be installed.
- XIII.A by Lumorus: If the PC helped Aldeth Sashenstar in the Cloakwood as well inside the Merchants' League, Aldeth will be very interested in the research and Balduran's artefacts. He will enable access to the sea charts without the need to steal them or intoxicate the captain.
- XIII.B CALABALD (= Calahan + Balduran's Island) by Shuv-Oohl: The sailor Calahan in Ulgoth's Beard wouldn't be a real sailor if he wouldn't have sea charts of his own. He won't part with them without an appropriate compensation, though... PCs with enough gold have now the possibility to go to Balduran's island before entering Baldur's Gate.
XIV. Additions to the House of the Lady and the Bitch Queen's Temple
This component extends the original game quest about priest Tremain's dead son and the scoll of dispel from the temple of Umberlee.
- XIV.A Prevent Jalanthe from Making a Mistake, by Lumorus: The High Priest of the Water Queen requests a Book of Wisdom for the scroll of dispel. But would it really be a wise idea for her to rely on another god's help? The PC now can ask explicitely whether the priestess is sure that Umberlee would be pleased if the ceremony was done with the wisdom received by Tymora...
- XIV.B Tremain's Sellout: in the original game, Tremain asks the PC to retrieve his dead son from the temple of Umberlee, so he can revive him. The PC now has the possibility to bring the son to the temple, instead.
XV. A worried farmer (not for original BG1)
In Beregost/Nashkel there are some rumors by a few farmers, so far one of them is addressed in this component: talk to a farmer in Beregost until he tells the PC about a creature making noises behind his house at night. He will then ask the PC to help him to get rid of it.
XVI. Bodies for a good cause
This mod plays in Baldur's Gate. Bring the corpses you find in the sewers to Sylar, a necromancer with a special research. This component is also good for PCs that care about the environment!
XVII. Finish Cordyr's Quest without killing Sil, by Lumorus
This component expands on Cordyr's Quest twofold:
- The door to his house will be unlocked and all PCs no matter the reputation will get the quest to take care of the sirines who took over Cordyr's old fishing grounds.
- The conflict can be solved without having to kill Sil and the sirines.
This component is compatible with all changes to Sil and her sirines by bg1re and Lure of Sirine's Call.