Mur'Neth can be found inside the Nashkel Mines on the penultimate floor, near a pool of water in the bottom - left corner of the map. He is a Ghaunadan, a member of the race of ooze - like shapechangers who venerate Ghaunadaur, the evil deity of oozes, moulds and the like. He is of Chaotic Evil alignment and has the following statistics:
- STR: 17
- DEX: 16
- CON: 16
- INT: 11
- WIS: 10
- CHR: 14
He has a unique kit, based on the thief class. When encountered he is Level 3 with no particular bias in skills. His proficiencies are in club and dagger and he has a small amount of equipment. The kit is as follows:
GHAUNADAN: These vile, intelligent monsters are the loyal servants of Ghaunadaur, the evil deity venerated by oozes, slimes, jellies and some drow. Ghaunadans are similar to oozes, but they are quite intelligent and can form their bodies into the shape of an attractive humanoid. In its natural form, a ghaunadan resembles an ooze-like creature such as an ochre jelly or green slime. Ghaunadans lack many of the advantages of thieves, but make up for these with unique abilities of their own, such as their charming gaze and unique resistances.
- May cast Friends once per day per 2 levels.
- Immune to blindness, poison, disease, sleep, paralysis and stunning. In addition, they have 10% resistance to bludgeoning damage.
- Can make an Ooze Touch attack once per day per 3 levels. This ability lasts for 5 rounds. The attack does 1d6 damage and the target must save vs. poison or be held for 5 rounds.
- Can shapeshift between ooze and human forms once per day per 5 levels. While in ooze form, all the character's attacks are paralytic. There is no limit to the time spent in either form.
- Only gets 15 skill points per level.
- Cannot set traps.
His biography is as follows:
When you ask about his past, MUR'NETH turns towards you and lets out a long, tortured gurgle. Although his true form is that of ooze, he seems comfortable being referred to as a male.
You glean from his words a deep devotion to his deity Ghaunadaur, creator of his race. Mur'Neth reveals this is typical for his kind - they truly live to serve him. Mur'Neth was spawned only recently to investigate the tainting of the ores beneath the Nashkel Mines, which has resulted in the deaths of many of the native oozes and moulds in the area. This displeased Ghaunadaur greatly, though he seems content to permit Mur'Neth to accompany you for now...
Remove Rare Select Sounds
The NPCs in BG had rare select sounds, but the way BG2 works these aren't so rare when playing Tutu. Tutu NPCs have an option to replace these rare selection sounds with common ones from their soundset. So at Ghreyfain's request, I've done this for Mur'Neth too. Obviously, it requires that the first component be installed...