This mod is for the SoD part (also for EET).
It gives more impact to the important scene at Boareskyr Bridge in SoD. Like Gorion's letter and the PC's dreams in BG1, the transformation into the slayer in SoA, and the trials in ToB, this scene is an important part of the PC's journey to godhood (or rejection of it). This mod tries to place emphasis on this important scene by giving it more depth as well as deeper inclusion into the story by reactions of NPCs and other game characters.
There will be more warnings before going to the bridge and NPCs will react to what happens on it, and depending on the installed components the actual scene will also be extended with description text and choices for the player how the PC will deal with the erupting divine energy including resulting stat changes.
As usual, my mod uses as many original content as possible.
The mod consists of 4 components which are optional but build up in each other:
1 Scene at Boareskyr Bridge will be Acknowledged: Add NPC Reactions
This component adds reactions from game characters before entering the Boareskyr Bridge and after the scene on the bridge: comments from Bence Duncan and Corwin make it clear that the PC should not be seen on this route, Jaheira or Khalid explicitly warn the PC not to linger on the bridge to avoid political tension. Immediately after the scene, all the original NPCs and the Flaming Fist soldiers comment before the Hooded Man can talk to the PC about what happened. At the main coalition camp the officers comment on what happened to once again illustrate the impact this scene will have throughout the game.
The actual cutscene on the bridge remains unchanged.
2 Add Description Text to Original Scene at Bridge
This component adds additional description texts to the scene on the bridge, based on the style of the key scenes in BGII (descending to the Tree of Life, transformation into the Slayer).
The actual cutscene on the bridge has been slightly changed to accommodate the flow between cutscenes and description texts but stays true to the happenings ind the original scene.
3 Bridge Scene has Different Choices
This component adds reaction possibilities to how the PC deals with the energy released on the bridge. There are three possibilities:
- the PC absorbs all the torment to protect the bystanders. In this case, the cutscene proceeds like in the original (with slight changes to accommodate to the interruptions by description texts): the PC briefly loses consciousness, the bystanders are unharmed.
- The PC diverts the energy away from everyone on the bridge. In this case, those close by will be struck from their feet and receive some damage.
- the PC channels the energy to the bystanders. In this case, all party members receive damage and most of the Flaming Fist soldiers who are on the bridge will die.
The cutscenes for options 2 and 3 have been altered accordingly.
4 Add Stat Changes to Choices at Bridge
This component adds stat changes to the three choices of component 3:
- when the PC absorbs the pain, his Wisdom increases by 1 permanently.
- when the PC directs the energy away, his Dexterity increases by 1 permanently.
- if the PC directs the energy to the bystanders his constitution increases by 1 permanently.